Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm afraid I haven't got a clue about that because I haven't got a drive that can read original discs. IIRC Rawdump does some extra decrypting etc. too. I could have a quick look into it though.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that the point of the DVD page is to copy from backup DVDs to WBFS/ISO etc. which should work OK.

varkanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks

i am
wacko.gif
just figured it out !

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ye works fine so far. i'm hoping for boxart soon
tongue.gif

oh and the duplicate games in a specific color seems to be a nice idea :).

maybe u could add an option for putting the games in subfolders too as it is supported in most usbloaders now.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
About the duplicates.. Since I'm already using colours for the titles, ie. Original title, title taken from WiiTDB titles.txt on the fly, custom title etc. I was thinking that duplicates could be shown in bold and RAR files shown in italic, or vice versa. What do you think?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
About the duplicates.. Since I'm already using colours for the titles, ie. Original title, title taken from WiiTDB titles.txt on the fly, custom title etc. I was thinking that duplicates could be shown in bold and RAR files shown in italic, or vice versa. What do you think?

Nice ! Make sense !

I may do beta test if you are willing.
rolleyes.gif

actinium

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! Firstly let me say this is a great program, i was using the pre 3.0beta versions on my XP and it runs smooth as silk!

Trying the latest version (3.0.0b4) and this is the result..

Unfortunately i upgraded to windows 7 pro, and it seems to crash the program when i attempt to add more than 100 games, or recursively adding too many directories, without giving me any useful ways to debug it
frown.gif

I tried running it on wine (1.1.33) on ubuntu (karmic) but it somehow fails to detect any of the drives.. I can add files okay though, through Add/Folder, and the recursive folder adding is working fine. No problem adding more than 100 games under wine (in XP mode). When i click on the drive button under drive 1 or drive 2, it throws me "External exception 80000100", going to Option/Settings gives me the same error, under Option/Setting/Drives there isn't anything there
frown.gif

Running wine in terminal shows that problem to be wine: Call from 0x7bc489f0 to unimplemented function kernel32.dll.GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeNameA, aborting , is there a way to just get the drive volumes like how it was obtained via the browsing? then this fine program would run great on linux via wine too! though on further investigation it seems to be something for that particular function in kernel32.dll thats been committed to the git and maybe fixed in 1.1.34.. so i guess i will wait and see :)

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Unfortunately i upgraded to windows 7 pro, and it seems to crash the program when i attempt to add more than 100 games, or recursively adding too many directories, without giving me any useful ways to debug it
There's no real way for me to reproduce that since I'm using Windows 7... Unless you mean when the open files dialog crashes, taking the app down with it. I've had random problems like that with Vista and windows 7. It's not WBM though, it's a bug that's been in Windows for a while. It happens to me randomly with any app, which is a pain in the arse if I've just spent an hour coding and decide to save the new file, only for Delphi to disappear and everything I've just spent an hour on is gone. It's definitely nowhere near as bad in Windows 7, but it still happens to me occasionally.
QUOTEI tried running it on wine (1.1.33) on ubuntu (karmic) but it somehow fails to detect any of the drives..
Maybe I could do the opposite of what ncWBFSTool does and enable "Simple drive detection". That would allow you to use only drives where letters have been assigned.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yeah, I've just finished the titles/color stuff. The .wbfs convention is the only thing to do before the next release. I want to write functions that automatically convert between using a single wbfs folder and the new individual folders. I meant to get it done sooner, but real life gets in the way sometimes.
tongue.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4 said:
I meant to get it done sooner, but real life gets in the way sometimes.
tongue.gif
WHAT ?? you have a real life ??? this is unacceptable ! you BELONG to us !!!

if you are done with the colors let me know if you need some testing.

R

actinium

Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
There's no real way for me to reproduce that since I'm using Windows 7... Unless you mean when the open files dialog crashes, taking the app down with it. I've had random problems like that with Vista and windows 7. It's not WBM though, it's a bug that's been in Windows for a while. It happens to me randomly with any app, which is a pain in the arse if I've just spent an hour coding and decide to save the new file, only for Delphi to disappear and everything I've just spent an hour on is gone. It's definitely nowhere near as bad in Windows 7, but it still happens to me occasionally.

think i narrowed it down, i think the WBM, win7 pro and rar files doesn't mix, i can add the file if i click the "extract RAR before adding file to list", if not it would generate a .tmp file thats 4096KB in size and crash the program. Curiously it works fine in the old version (2.4) under win7, and at least the adding file part works fine under wine. Also if i click the "extract RAR before adding file to list", the extracted file stay in the .\temp\ directory after i quit WBM, is that intended behaviour?

QUOTEMaybe I could do the opposite of what ncWBFSTool does and enable "Simple drive detection". That would allow you to use only drives where letters have been assigned.

probably can put that on hold til the new version of wine is at the repositories, it might fix the problem all together and save you the rewriting :)

cheers!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xflak40 said:
@fig2k4, any luck in determining why the app is "timing out" (for lack of a better description)? Do you expect to release a new revision any time soon? No pressure to rush you, just curious (I still have a bunch of games to transfer today/tomorrow, and i would prefer doing them all at once instead of small batches which is what I've had to resort to)

thx

Have you tried leaving the PC untouched while transferring the files ?

actinium

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
probably can put that on hold til the new version of wine is at the repositories, it might fix the problem all together and save you the rewriting..

no dice.. on the latest version of wine and still the same error
frown.gif

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a question, since 1.2.4 a lot has been changed in the program, is it still possible to get the titles file and rename the games using the titles file? i cant seen to find it anymore, i really liked this feature

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol