Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
@fig2k4

I have just noticed with version v0.2.4 and 0.2.4r2 when I go to select drive, one of my HDDs is missing from list.

If I replace the exe with any version up to 0.2.3 the missing HDD re-appears on the list of selectable drives.

unsure.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I explained the missing drive here..

It's just a stupid oversight that'll be fixed in the next version.

Edit:
@Sacohen9665
Once it's possible to add .wbfs to the files list, it'll be possible to export as .wbfs too. I'll code it so you can overwrite the original file, by using a temp file, deleting the original, then renaming the temp. The idea is that you can import all your .wbfs files if you like, then export to .wbfs using the same folder for the destination. The result will be that all the files have been replaced. Hopefully that makes sense.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
go to the settings, and try unchecking "show usb drives only", for some reason maybe your drive is being flagged as a non-usb drive... just a guess
Tried all that, along with restoring my system from a backup b4 I mentioned it. (The drive in question IS a non-usb drive, but the options are set to show all drives, any file system)

@fig2k4

Got it! I thought that you meant the C drive might not show up - But I see its the first physical drive on your system will not show up.

No probs, The earlier versions are working fine for what I need anyhow
biggrin.gif

Excellent program
grog.gif

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
I explained the missing drive here..

It's just a stupid oversight that'll be fixed in the next version.

Edit:
@Sacohen9665
Once it's possible to add .wbfs to the files list, it'll be possible to export as .wbfs too. I'll code it so you can overwrite the original file, by using a temp file, deleting the original, then renaming the temp. The idea is that you can import all your .wbfs files if you like, then export to .wbfs using the same folder for the destination. The result will be that all the files have been replaced. Hopefully that makes sense.

That makes sense and I' assuming it will do it in the new 4GB split that Oggzee finalizes.

morgoth123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the release notes of version 0.2.4 mention:

" Added: Use WBFS drives, even when they haven't got a drive letter assigned."

It must be me but it still doesnt show me my WBFS drive-without-a-windows-drive-letter, it only shows me drive letters of drives with drive letters.

Anything I'm doing wrong fig2k4?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
fig2k4 is there a way (or can you implement it if not) to re-convert the old .wbfs 2 GB splits to the new 4GB split, so there are less files and clutter on the drive?

Oggzee is doing this in his wbfs_file tool, but I don't know and hate using command line apps, this utility is great for those like me who just don't know command line.

Thanks;
would be awesome!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Quick Q for fig2k4, but first off, I just want to say great work!!

am i right to assume that the default setting in your next release will split games into 4gb-32k optimized chunks (i think i got the numbers right, working from memory)?

I am going to wait for your next release, but I am going to transfer all my games from my wbfs drive to a fat32 drive, do you recommend transferring the files directly (drive to drive), or should I first extract the iso from the wbfs drive before copying/converting to fat32? Does it make a difference (in theory it shouldn't but u never know)?

lastly, after converting games to .wbfs format on a fat32 drive, they are saved in the "wbfs" folder on the root of the drive. If i want to copy games from one fat 32 drive to another fat 32 drive, can I copy this folder (or selected .wbfs file inside it) to another fat32 drive via windows? or is it better to use your program.

Thanks a lot! Keep up the great work!

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi !!
first of all , many thanks for your great app.

I've noticed a little bug with titles.txt
When i select the "french" one , it doesn't show properly the special characters like é and à (i'm not sure you can see them ^^).
A friend of mine , who's a Delphi developper too , had coded a little app for me and wiitdb , and he had the same problem with titles.txt on first version of the app.
So i've asked him how he fixed it , and he has told me you should use the "UTF8 decode" function that is already implemented in Delphi.

Could you have a look at this please ??
many thanks.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I'll give that a try. I've tried every way I could think of to decode the text, but still there's a few single characters that show as a bunch of garbled characters. I have a feeling this is what I was looking for.

Cheers.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so after the big transfer (150 titles), i got about 10 or 15 that would not copy. it seems that every one failed with the same error

(WBFSPartition.InternalReadSector) Read failed. 0/8388608.

All those games play fine on the wii, and also all games were added with WBFS manager3.01 x64. I dont think wbfs manager caused the error, otherwise you would be getting a lot more failed transfers. also i noticed that on the log, usually there is 2 games that fail right beside each other. its like transfer 10 games, 2 fail, transfer 15 more, 2 fail, etc.

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem as giantpune with my transfer of ~100 games, from WBFS to .wbfs. About 30 would transfer and then disappear, with the same error message. I chalked it up to the error that fig mentioned earlier, which will be fixed in his next update I believe. To get around it, I used an earlier version that doesn't use direct drive, and that worked on those phantom transfer games.

fig your program is very powerful and useful, and it really improves the Wii backup experience. Once a full featured version is out, your program will be mandatory for every single USB backup user. That must be a good feeling for a program developer
smile.gif

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have discovered a few bugs....

in ver 0.24r2, when i select 1 file whether RAR'd or ISO and when i have already selected a Drive, when i go back to the file and right click on the selected file, it does not allow me to copy to any drive... when i goto the full down menu option, i can copy it to the drive.

Also when its copying to a FAT32 drive and i try to look at what is going on in the WBFS folder and select the text file, the program freezes.

I don't exactly know if its a bug, but when the progam looks inside a rar and the iso, it discovers it, but does not give any size, just 0 bytes... i can decompress the file and then it discovers the size fine.

A feature request would be when selecting 1 or more files to download covers to, on the left side where you can choose which type of cover, another option to put in the pull down box would be all covers... that would be very handy.

I like the idea of having .wbfs files as this will save me loads of disc space on my PC's HDD

thanks for the great work

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I transferred 94 Games (~228 gb) wbfs->wbfs, took about 5+1/2 hours, worked fine except for one issue:
When it was about half way through, it suddenly froze, no transfer anymore on the external disks (no lights flashing), could only be closed with the Task Manager. I restarted, deleted the last transferred game (to be sure, was this necessary?) and startet the transfer again, this time everything went fine.

I have no idea what could have caused the freeze, i didn't even touch the computer while the transfer was in progress, i only noticed because the lights on the external disks stopped flashing.

Pontomedon

P.S.: What happens if the program is forced to close while a transfer is in Progress? Is the wbfs file system ensured to be in a consistent state? Or should i recopy the whole thing to be sure? Probably some kind of 'wbfs integrity check' would be nice

P.P.S.: Transfer speed was about 12-13 MB/s, there must be still room for improvement, since (correct me if i'm wrong) wbfs-wbfs transfer shouldn't be much more than raw sector cloning which should only be limited by the drive speeds. No criticism, just a thought - the result is more important than the speed anyway.

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried to backup my wbfs drive to my ntfs drive and got as far as 25 titles before it not add anymore, even though it showed complete. I tried just 1 title, but that did not work either, the title was being added but as it completed it was removed from the WBFS folder.

if i try to add a ISO or rar to the same folder on my ntfs partition it is sucessful and i have 26 titles showing (26 .txt files too).

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
In regards to the freezing issues. I think it's exactly the same problem as with the cover downloads, the threads. Well, not so much the threads themselves, it's because of the progress and debug events called from the threads.

I'm totally redesigning the app from scratch. Everything will definitely be thread safe this time, so hopefully no freezing.

When I started this I didn't think it would get so advanced, so starting again from scratch will let me code it much better because I know what it's supposed to do before I code it. A lot of it will be copy n paste, so it won't take so long.

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yehaa ... this sounds very good to me ... this is really the best App for managing .wbfs files ...

Thank you very much for the great work ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite +1