Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
OK. Can you try extracting to ISO instead of CISO? That would rule out any flaw in the CISO code.

If that still has the same errors, try using another manager to transfer the ISO to WBFS.

Another thing to try is using another manager to extract to ISO and then use WBM to transfer the ISO to WBFS.

The results from those tests could indicate where the problem is, whether it's WBFS->CISO or CISO->WBFS..

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
OK. Can you try extracting to ISO instead of CISO? That would rule out any flaw in the CISO code.

If that still has the same errors, try using another manager to transfer the ISO to WBFS.

Another thing to try is using another manager to extract to ISO and then use WBM to transfer the ISO to WBFS.

The results from those tests could indicate where the problem is, whether it's WBFS->CISO or CISO->WBFS..

Will do.

I just noticed that I had been just copying into the same install folder, and there were some other .dll files in there, that perhaps you didn't used to compile into your assembly.

I don't know if the Rijindael32 or unrar.dll being there would be causing an issue or not, but I will remove them for this test.

I'll give it a go and report back soon.

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fig,

Performing the same steps, but as a regular ISO, using WBM worked fine.

I don't have another manager that can read the CISO files, so I don't know if its the create CISO or the transfer CISO part that is the issue.

I do know that I tried creating the CISO on different drives, both FAT32 and NTFS, and neither worked when copied to the WBFS partition.

It's weird that I'm the only one having this issue.

My .Net Framework is up-to-date, I have .Net 3.5 SP1 installed, actually I also have .Net 4.0 installed and VS2010, but they should coexist without any issues.

Sorry I'm still no help... There weren't any errors in the log (and I have full debug enabled), and the application appears to believe everything is going as planned.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
The fact it works for you using ISO is good news at least.
smile.gif

If you have time, WBFS Intelligent GUI can read/write CISO.

I don't use .net, so there's no problem there.

madsap

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I have been looking at the WBM 0.3.0b2, but with this version i can't use the mapped drives on my NAS, they does not show up.
Could this "feature" be added?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I think that should be easy enough, it's just used as a regular mapped network drive in Windows eh? I could also show network shares if it would be of any use.

Using the new "Hidden drives" list, it would be possible to stop any unwanted drives/shares etc. showing in the drive menu. I've also added a drive display name option, so you can give drives descriptive names if you like. Instead of things like Drive (x:) and HardDiskPartition10, you could use "Main WBFS drive" or "Wii backup drive" or whatever..

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fig2k4;
I have a feature request.

The ability for the app to unrar is great, but is there a way for a password box to pop up if the rar files have password protection?

Something to think about.
unsure.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4.

I like the new progress bar.
there is a prob since you added the "display unit size" the sorting by size is not working correctly..

Cheers,
R

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify:

Does 0.3b3 feature Direct WBFS to WBFS transfers or is that still a "Planned" feature? If that feature's been there awhile, what version did it first appear? I'm just curious if 0.24 had it when I transferred 23 games and it took 2.5 hours.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm just curious if 0.24 had it when I transferred 23 games and it took 2.5 hours.
Direct drive to drive's been there a while, but I was using unbuffered transfers for everything, which made it quite slow. Personally, I can see a big speed difference in 0.3.0 since using buffered transfers.

QUOTE said:
there is a prob since you added the "display unit size" the sorting by size is not working correctly..
Damn. Because I was storing the size in MB before, I used unsigned 32 bit in the sorting function. Now it's stored in bytes, anything over 4 GIG isn't sorted correctly. An easy fix, I just had to change 1 variable to 64 bit..

Edit:
Can you get back the code to "report in txt" of installed games?
I'll get that working as soon as I finish the titles.txt stuff.

lanarchyste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi.

When I want to convert an ISO to CISO, I always receive an error message saying "Not enough space on destination", yet I have enough space (over 100GB free)

I think the test to check the disk space taken after conversion is the size of all files, then it should be tested on selected files!

Edit:
Ok thank you:) Otherwise it is a very good software, it is much better than WBFS Manager that I used before!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Can you look in the log and tell me what the error says? "transfer ?? - free ??"

Scrap that, I see it.. It's something I overlooked when I changed the status bars..

Edit:
To save recalculating the transfer size, I just reuse the text from the status bar. Some of the functions were referencing the total size instead of the selected size.

I'll post an update with the few fixes since this one is pretty important.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...