Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

Sgt. Cuddles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the f*ck do I download the manager everyone else seems to have no trouble downloading? Any link I click takes me to a site called adfoc.us and tries to download ilivid download manager. Am I retarded, missing something, or does everyone else just know something I don't?

Excuse my frustration. I've been trying to figure out how to download this sh*t for about an hour now.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Click skip at the top right after the 5 second countdown? You're probably better using the filetrip link on the OP..

You can also find the file quite easily on filetrip or loads of other places using google. There's at least 3 locations on the first google results page.

Edit:
If you don't want to see the ad again, why not bookmark the actual download page after you click skip. The 4Shared and filetrip links will never change, they'll always have the latest version.

Sgt. Cuddles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind. I finally found it on 4shared.
But seriously, why can't a program called "WBFS Manager" read WBFS files from your computer? Seems rather counter-intuitive.

The 4Shared and filetrip links will never change, they'll always have the latest version.

Good to know. Thanks, Fig.

Sgt. Cuddles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS Manager development stopped before WBFS files even existed. It was one of first apps written to work with WBFS formatted drives.

Also good to know. Sorry I'm so uneducated about this stuff. Just a normal coding/hacking-illiterate trying to make my Wii more enjoyable. Something I could not have done without this wonderful community of smarter-than-me types writing impressive programs, often with professional-looking GUI, to unlock our systems' true hidden potential.

Much thanks to everyone.

r4ipocketuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey when i try to convert my wbfs file to an iso in wii backup manager, the green bar says its 100% completed but nothing shows up on the list. Can someone help?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
The ISO should be in the folder that you saved it to. If you want it to show up on the files list, add it using the "Add->Files.." menu on the files page.

Edit: Just had a thought. If you saved it to your WBFS folder, you need to remount the drive for the list to be refreshed. Just select the drive again.

lolilol

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much, fig2k4 !

My invalid games are back and I even was able to rename the game as I wanted in the first place without problems this time. So I guess it's case solved !

Thank you again. ^^

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I found an issue related to character encoding.
If my custom-titles.txt contains this title
RWRP4F = Wacky Races: La Corsa più Pazza del Mondo
then all custom titles are ignored.

But If I replace that title with
RWRP4F = Wacky Races: La Corsa piu' Pazza del Mondo
then everything works as expected.

So the char "ù" is definitely problematic for custom titles.
Tested on build 68 and 76.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I managed to reproduce this by saving the custom-titles.txt as ANSI. When you manually edit the file remember to save it as UTF-8. Most text editors will have the option somewhere. In Windows 7's Notepad, it's in the "Save As.." dialog. Notepad++ has an Encoding menu etc.

If you save the file as UTF-8 I'm sure it'll work OK.

Edit: I've added a little fix for this. If the file isn't UTF-8 encoded, it'll try to load using it using whatever the file encoding is. IIRC, the ù character is part of the ANSI character set so it should be valid to use the file as ANSI.

Edit2:
@lolilol
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad it's fixed. :)
One thing I noticed from the screenshots is that both reports of corrupt files were from Vista. Maybe that's why it doesn't happen to me. It doesn't really matter I suppose because it's working OK now..

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
fig, it may be more worthwhile to use mediafire to store the packs, you can still use your clickads forwarding page but it would allow for file archiving and none of this "wait blah seconds for your link to be ready"

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I upload to 3 different sites just now. There's about 14 different versions archived on filetrip even more in the shared folder on 4Shared.

Most people download from filetrip, about 55%. About 40% from WUpload and the other 5% from 4Shared. Most of the downloads are referred from this thread too. I haven't really bothered before, but lately I've been quite interested in the stats. :)

The main reason I started using WUpload is because they provide stats on the countries people are downloading from etc. It's pretty amazing that people from every corner of the globe are using it. Maybe I'm just a bit sad. lol

My point is that WUpload isn't the only option and I'm not sure that adding mediafire to the list of mirrors would really benefit anyone.

I used to use multiupload.com, which let me upload to about 9 different sites at once, but hardly anyone used those links, even though they're popular sites like filesonic, megaupload, zshare etc.

I fully agree with what you're saying, but filetrip is the best option to avoid that I think, rather than using mediafire.

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
I upload to 3 different sites just now. There's about 14 different versions archived on filetrip even more in the shared folder on 4Shared.

Most people download from filetrip, about 55%. About 40% from WUpload and the other 5% from 4Shared. Most of the downloads are referred from this thread too. I haven't really bothered before, but lately I've been quite interested in the stats. :)

The main reason I started using WUpload is because they provide stats on the countries people are downloading from etc. It's pretty amazing that people from every corner of the globe are using it. Maybe I'm just a bit sad. lol

My point is that WUpload isn't the only option and I'm not sure that adding mediafire to the list of mirrors would really benefit anyone.

I used to use multiupload.com, which let me upload to about 9 different sites at once, but hardly anyone used those links, even though they're popular sites like filesonic, megaupload, zshare etc.

I fully agree with what you're saying, but filetrip is the best option to avoid that I think, rather than using mediafire.

i would use multiupload :), just like media fire it has a direct download mirrow with no countdown.

Jo GO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone asked that exact same question a few days ago via email. If it was you, I did respond, but I'm having problems sending emails from my .tk address. I'm receiving emails OK, but when I send them they mysteriously vanish and don't get to the recipient. Some useless info, but I got in touch with the email host. Hopefully they get back to me soon..
Indeed yes, that was me.
Thanks for your reply... and thanks for your great WBM builds ! :bow:

s_unray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi. In the export templates I see in the config section 'entries per page = 1'. How do I get 3 entries in a row. If I change entries to 3 and in the template I use entry 1 entry 2 entry 3 I get the first entry 3 times in a row.

Can anyone explain how to get the first three entries in one row (and so on). I am trying to make a template in ncWBFStool style.

Other question: When I convert iso to wbfs files, the titles are changed according to settings, ie title_[gameid}.wbfs. Why does this not work when converting to ciso?

Grtz Simon

Anyone ?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
To make this possible with the templates, I've added a couple of new optional sections and an optional config option..

[Config]
Entry step = 3

[Entry header]

[Entry]

%Title% - %SizeMB%

[Entry footer]
The "Entry step" is used in a loop to output a number of entries within the header and footer. eg. Here it would output the header, then 3 entries, then the footer which would create a table with 3 rows.

I'll send an exe and the template when I get a minute later today.

benhamilton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All the adfocus d/l links on the OP are broken and ask me to download some software that I don't want to - where else can I get the latest version?

Jo GO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All the adfocus d/l links on the OP are broken and ask me to download some software that I don't want to - where else can I get the latest version?
The following answer is still OK:
Click skip at the top right after the 5 second countdown? You're probably better using the filetrip link on the OP..

You can also find the file quite easily on filetrip or loads of other places using google. There's at least 3 locations on the first google results page.

Edit:
If you don't want to see the ad again, why not bookmark the actual download page after you click skip. The 4Shared and filetrip links will never change, they'll always have the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol