Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 Controller Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by karloz, Apr 8, 2009.

Apr 8, 2009
  1. karloz
    OP

Newcomer karloz Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

This is my first post, so a big HELLO to everyone.

I'm pretty new to all of the homebrew stuff, but I have read lots and found my way around it this past week. I am a technical person working in IT so I'm not frightened of having a bash at anything.

I previously had my Wii version at 2.2U, with homebrew channel and backup launcher 0.3. The backup games worked flawlessly.

Last night I decided to solve a few of the problems I had encountered while getting all of this to work. I had read that 3.2 is the best version to run homebrew on, so I upgraded the firmware to 3.2E and changed the region of my Wii in the process. Everything seemed good and I moved on to remove the duplicate channels that I had managed to get. Now I have everything perfect apart from one major problem. I can no longer get Backup Launcher 0.3 to use the Wii remote. It defaults to a GC Remote and even if I change it, I can't see the Wii 'hand' on the screen when playing a backup. I have no problems when at the Wii menu or when playing an original from the Wii menu.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance.

2. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    why dont you try using cIOSCORP? it's like 100% game compatibility and launching through the disc channel [​IMG]

or you could use the USB Loader? it's quicker and easier to install than cIOSCORP but i think it has the same compatibility. plus you dont need to carry games and such around with you all the time, just keep them on a HDD [​IMG]

i found it alot better when i first installed cIOSCORP, its working on 4.0E now too [​IMG]

3. karloz
    OP

Newcomer karloz Newbie

United Kingdom
    Cheers, I'll have a look into those two. I was under the impression CIOSCORP is a bit risky?

Do you have any idea why Backup Launcher is forceing a GC controller though?