Country
United States
mascot.gif
Wii and Virtual Console Release List
Release Lists Are Incorrect
vc.gif
wii.gif
Dear GBAtemp Members,

It has come to our attention that the Wii release list and the Virtual Console release list are incorrect.
The errors in the Wii release list and the Virtual Console release list (the errors in the VC release list are minor) are going to be addressed and fixed after Costello and shaunj66 get back from their vacation (see Costello's Blog).

For those wondering, there are plans of having a Virtual Console release list on the GBAtemp Portal, as well as a Virtual Console forum.

So, we ask that you do not submit a Wii release or Virtual Console release, as it will make it harder on our part when we start correcting the lists.

The lists will be fixed, so please bear with us.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

JP

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The reason it's takin so long is we haven't decided whether or not to have a seperate VC forum for you all to troll, or just mix wiiware,vc with wii iso releases. Also Costello is a very busy man and if we do have a new forum, it's not as simple as just adding the forum and posting the releases, it has to be synched with g-online (maybe) the RMC (release management centre) and many other things.
People have already linked to ludibria etc. so you can check there for now.
People deciding to leave after one week of no updates on a 5 year old site, good riddance *waves*.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
lol, I just read this topic.. why didn't anyone tell me about this!
ohmy.gif

I need someone to bring me up to speed though.. what am I even supposed to do?

[-MojoJojo-]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thug4L1f3 said:
The reason it's takin so long is we haven't decided whether or not to have a seperate VC forum for you all to troll, or just mix wiiware,vc with wii iso releases.
Personally I would love a seperate section for VC and WiiWare, but that's just a personal opinion. Keep up the good work and let's hope you'll be back soon
smile.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thug4L1f3 said:
The reason it's takin so long is we haven't decided whether or not to have a seperate VC forum for you all to troll, or just mix wiiware,vc with wii iso releases. Also Costello is a very busy man and if we do have a new forum, it's not as simple as just adding the forum and posting the releases, it has to be synched with g-online (maybe) the RMC (release management centre) and many other things.
People have already linked to ludibria etc. so you can check there for now.
People deciding to leave after one week of no updates on a 5 year old site, good riddance *waves*.
I think the mixup, especially as it is now, isn't a good idea. The system needs to be changed either way, cause the g-online thing only displays numbers in it's combobox anyway, so if you sort from 701 to 800, you'll get VC sort from 26 to 125.
Also, the 3 numbers won't be enough for the future, I expect more then 1000 VC / WiiWare things to be dumped.
And having them in seperate release boxes seems to be more logic to me also, because they're two way different kind of things. One is a backup of a disc, the other is a package from installed data. Also the info provided in the .nfo's are totally different, Wii ISO's don't need a category platform for example, while the wad's have.
And because they're so different, people may care about one less then the other, which makes a mixup annoying for them. A person without a modchip may for example not be interested in ISO releases, while someone who just uses emu's to play his nes games, may not be interested in VC's, but in ISO releases.

So I think it would be much better to have them seperated imo...

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see a separate section for Wii ISO/Wii VC/WiiWare.
Something tells me, that in the long run, this will be the most beneficial organization method.

EDIT: As well, NUKE the games which need nuking, and make the numbering correct for the releases.
One of the way I organize my games (in a spreadsheet) is by the number of the release(s).
There's duplicates of releases, etc, and if you throw nukes in the mix.. the numbering ends up janked.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
please, please, please separate Wii ISOs from VC/WiiWare! I'd actually like to have these last two split as well, but maybe that's too much...

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
The reason it's takin so long is we haven't decided whether or not to have a seperate VC forum for you all to troll

That might seem like a good idea now with the flood of 50 per day, but in reality there are only 2 or 3 VC releases per week - sometimes just 1. The scene needs a month to catch up, then it will be fine.

As for Wiiware, some of those games look as good as (or better than) the ISO's, meaning all Wii gamers would be checking both lists anyway. Easier on you, and easier on us to keep them together.

edit: For all the people complaing and acting like the staff owes you something: they don't owe you shit. This is a free site, providing you free information. Try being thankful for a change.

zvix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would vote for diffrent forums.

I would also love to see a release forum for xbox360, or at least post releases for the top games, games that every gamer should play.

I would also want to see some kind of voting system to change colorsschemes of forumthreads, so great games get highlighted and shovelware will fade out in color.

And those who cant wait... yeah like your missing top titles.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Monkey01 said:
I think the mixup, especially as it is now, isn't a good idea. The system needs to be changed either way, cause the g-online thing only displays numbers in it's combobox anyway, so if you sort from 701 to 800, you'll get VC sort from 26 to 125.
Also, the 3 numbers won't be enough for the future, I expect more then 1000 VC / WiiWare things to be dumped.
And having them in seperate release boxes seems to be more logic to me also, because they're two way different kind of things. One is a backup of a disc, the other is a package from installed data. Also the info provided in the .nfo's are totally different, Wii ISO's don't need a category platform for example, while the wad's have.
And because they're so different, people may care about one less then the other, which makes a mixup annoying for them. A person without a modchip may for example not be interested in ISO releases, while someone who just uses emu's to play his nes games, may not be interested in VC's, but in ISO releases.

So I think it would be much better to have them seperated imo...
I think Monkey01 made a good explanation.
I too, think it will need a new section, but mainly for the G-online problem.

on another hand, I think it's ok to have them on the same release list on the front page and the same forum (all belong to the Wii system), but while listing them on G-oline we got numbering error.
Maybe you can separate them on G-online only, is that possible ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm