Hacking Wii 4.1U Wiiware from SD?

sentinel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all. Well I have a 4.1U Wii with Priiloader 0.7. Id like to know how to play Wiiware and VC games from SD. I installed some games (wads) but to save space I wanted to pass them to SD card but everytime I try to launch them from SD it says failed to launch on this wii console. I read something about DOP-Mii but I also read youll have to reinstall something if u use preloader. Any ideas?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
You need a patched IOS60. Download modmii, go to it's Download Page 1 by enter "1" and press enter. Then type "60", then enter key again. The "d" and the enter key. Then just follow the prompts. Once it downloads then copy the wad file to your SD card aNd install it using MMM or another wad manager, but you will need make sure that IOS236, IOS249 pr IOS250 is loaded so you can install the wad. After that the WW and VC games should launch correctly from your SD card.

P.S. Make a nand backup before doing any of this just in case....

sentinel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I installed Modmii long ago and I did that same thing u said there. Installed IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]) with wadmanager using IOS249. Then tried to launch a Wiiware game I had installed using wadmanager long ago from my wii to the sd card but it still gave me the error.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Could you have possibly over written the IOS60 at some point? Did you at least try what I suggested? That is usually the reason pirated WW does not work from the SD card. If it doesn't fix it them I'm not sure what the issue could be because this is not my area of expertise.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the wad you're launching is from another region (blue screen error)
He's not getting a blue screen.

I've gotten this error before because I downloaded a bunch of WiiWare demos from the Shopping Channel and put them on my SD card. I later restored my NAND (the backup was before the downloads) for some testing, but none of the demos would work after that. I could redownload some and they worked, but most had been deleted from the Shopping Channel by then.

sentinel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok my bad. I was doing it wrong. I was doing copy to SD when I was supposed to do Move to SD. Sorry and thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later