Hacking Wii 4.0 help?

Shinjiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have read the stickies and guides and whatnot but I am finding all of this stuff hard to grasp. I already have the HBC installed from when my wii was i think either 3.2 or 3.3. Anyway someone in my house updated my wii to 4.0 ¬_¬. I would like to install wad files but get an error 2011. I have been reading about these cios and stuff but is still a bit over my head. As far as I know I didn't install any special ios files. I would like to know is there a way to get a wii that is 4.0 to install wad files? Sorry for bothering you all with this
happy.gif

Edit:
I may have found a possible solution to this, I can't post where as the files they provide have cios files in. I have another question now what are the consequences of messing with the ios files i mean is there a way to reset the wii back to normal if I want to without these custom ios files being there anymore?

Shinjiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your replies. So am I best to downgrade first then re update to 4.0 properly? Also my main concern is the question in my edit above, what are the consequences of messing with the ios files i mean is there a way to reset the wii back to normal if I want to without these custom ios files being there anymore?

Shinjiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So does that mean if I do this I can't return my wii to it's original form so to speak. I probably wouldn't want to change it back but say it broke or something and I had to send it to nintendo they might notice something. I'm just very cautious when it comes to messing with system files on gaming things. My PSP has custom firmware on it and that's probably it
tongue.gif

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinjiko said:
So does that mean if I do this I can't return my wii to it's original form so to speak. I probably wouldn't want to change it back but say it broke or something and I had to send it to nintendo they might notice something. I'm just very cautious when it comes to messing with system files on gaming things. My PSP has custom firmware on it and that's probably it
tongue.gif

If you search for "virgin Wii", you find info about how to return a Wii to its original form. My problem with this is that how would you know to "virginize" your Wii just before it is bricked so that you can send it back to Nintendo? Once it's bricked, there's no way to access the Wii's memory to erase traces of the hacks; unless of course you physically remove chips and have access to flash burners, etc. So I modified my Wii, accepting its consequences.

Shinjiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yea lol I never thought about it like that xD. As long as there is a way to return it to the way it was I'm happy ^^. I guess it's in case I screw up somehow and something, not the whole wii, but say a feature stops working. Thanks for that. My mind has been slipping lately O.o I need to start uni soon before it's completely cabbaged.

Shinjiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It all worked fine ^^ thanks everyone. I now have only one problem I cannot run channels from an SD card that aren't official from nintendo. I have read about this IOS60 patching but see a lot of people get a software brick. Could someone reccommend a solution to me? For anyone that doesn't know my wii just recently got updated to 4.0 through nintendo but had HBC installed. I managed to get it fixed using This Tutorial so now I can install wads. I have no loaders installed of any sort like preloader etc and didn't downgrade my system menu. Thanks again ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.