OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, drock360 here.

As you may all know, I have not been on the forum for a while, and now I am totally out of the wii/ds hacking scene.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me out with a problem I have been having with my Wii.

I have a Wiikey v1 installed in my Wii and it has been working perfectly for as long as I can remember. I am using 1.9s firmware and it works like a charm. However, recently I downloaded Animal Crossing: City Folk and burned it onto a disk. I updated my Wii to the latest firmware (3.4 I think...) and booted up Animal Crossing. I was only greeted with a black screen. My Wii will not read the disk, and I have tried reburning it multiple times.

How can I fix this issue? Thanks a lot good ol' Gbatemp community.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
you can patch the game or softmod your Wii
wink.gif
for softmodding click the first link in my signature and that will have the in and out of softmodding your Wii and all what you have missed on
wink.gif

drock360

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to spend all the time softmodding my Wii, because I just want to play Animal Crossing and I already have a wiikey installed.
smile.gif

Does anybody know how to "patch the game"?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it is the firmware that stopped backups from being read but you can use the cIOS downgrader or IOS downgrader to downgrade to system menu 3.2. I heard that all firmware above 3.2 are incompatible with modchips.

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
acesniper said:
I heard that all firmware above 3.2 are incompatible with modchips.

that isn't true...modchips still work with a higher firmaware than 3.2. only the trucha bug won't work and so you can't run some discs e.g. guitar hero customs etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey