Wii 3.4 Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drock360, Jan 8, 2009.

Jan 8, 2009

Wii 3.4 Problem by drock360 at 3:39 AM (974 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. drock360
    OP

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey guys, drock360 here.

As you may all know, I have not been on the forum for a while, and now I am totally out of the wii/ds hacking scene.

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me out with a problem I have been having with my Wii.

I have a Wiikey v1 installed in my Wii and it has been working perfectly for as long as I can remember. I am using 1.9s firmware and it works like a charm. However, recently I downloaded Animal Crossing: City Folk and burned it onto a disk. I updated my Wii to the latest firmware (3.4 I think...) and booted up Animal Crossing. I was only greeted with a black screen. My Wii will not read the disk, and I have tried reburning it multiple times.

How can I fix this issue? Thanks a lot good ol' Gbatemp community.

2. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    you can patch the game or softmod your Wii [​IMG] for softmodding click the first link in my signature and that will have the in and out of softmodding your Wii and all what you have missed on [​IMG]

3. drock360
    OP

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't want to spend all the time softmodding my Wii, because I just want to play Animal Crossing and I already have a wiikey installed. [​IMG]

Does anybody know how to "patch the game"?

4. acesniper

Member acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm not sure if it is the firmware that stopped backups from being read but you can use the cIOS downgrader or IOS downgrader to downgrade to system menu 3.2. I heard that all firmware above 3.2 are incompatible with modchips.

5. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    here let me give you a quick refresh of this site. SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. davedeluxe

Member davedeluxe GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    that isn't true...modchips still work with a higher firmaware than 3.2. only the trucha bug won't work and so you can't run some discs e.g. guitar hero customs etc.