Wii 3.3U Update

Linebeck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've a question... in the WiiBrew's page regarding the update, they say that:
Modified discs (Trucha, WiiFrii, etc) are affected, but there is a workaround: Load the disc using Gecko Region Free.
That means that the trucha disks loaded with GRF can still be used?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Linebeck said:
I've a question... in the WiiBrew's page regarding the update, they say that:
Modified discs (Trucha, WiiFrii, etc) are affected, but there is a workaround: Load the disc using Gecko Region Free.
That means that the trucha disks loaded with GRF can still be used?
Yes.
smile.gif
And if bushings workaround will work Nintendo just wasted about three months.
smile.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
sphere9 said:
eagerly awaiting workaround so i can install the homebrew channel...

Why did you update?

Why did anyone update? Why is anyone even considering updating?
Y' know we are missing KILLER app that is Mii Channel Parade!!!!!
cry.gif

And we are missing that lovely 3.3 number in Wii Settings Screen
rofl2.gif
!!!!!!

...yeah that was sarcasm
wink.gif
Nintendo had done one very big mistake
No one cares about Mii parade!!!

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hardcore Gamer said:
sphere9 said:

Why did you update?

I guess people just want to be "up to date", in case future games might need the update to run. I know the feeling. I also somehow have an irresistable urge to update when I see these things... Dunno why. But this time I've decided to not do it, it's just simply not worth it. And I don't believe that future games might not work without this update, because I'm fairly sure that Nintendo's fix is the only reason they released it. Not the Mii-channel nonsense, that's just a lame excuse to make people want to update.

So again, PEOPLE, DON'T GIVE IN! BE STRONG!! DON'T UPDATE!!!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
sphere9 said:

Why did you update?

I guess people just want to be "up to date", in case future games might need the update to run. I know the feeling. I also somehow have an irresistable urge to update when I see these things... Dunno why. But this time I've decided to not do it, it's just simply not worth it. And I don't believe that future games might not work without this update, because I'm fairly sure that Nintendo's fix is the only reason they released it. Not the Mii-channel nonsense, that's just a lame excuse to make people want to update.

Yeah even if they don't there will be a workaround...i think.
I also had that feeling. Darn there is an update, I want to update, but there is annoy from ninty....&?$%@ better not update...
wacko.gif
But I'm strong, shitty mii parade don't break my Brawl, Mario Kart, Homebrew, Super Mario RPG oncoming NO!
hate2.gif

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
sphere9 said:

Why did you update?

I guess people just want to be "up to date", in case future games might need the update to run...

Are you talking about when games force you to update? cause i removed the update on mario kart so i still have 3.1E, and that works.

If no one finds a work around, thats okay, cause those who hold off from updating can still play homebrew.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
bluebright said:
Are you talking about when games force you to update? cause i removed the update on mario kart so i still have 3.1E, and that works.

I guess you're absolutely right. There's only been like one or two updates in the Wii's lifespan that you had to have in order to play the newest releases. I don't expect Nintendo to release any updates that are nescesary to play future games, except for the fact that they might want to fight the hacking community....And let's be honest, they will not win in the end, and they know it.
laugh.gif

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
sphere9 said:

Why did you update?

thats why, it's just an impulse to be up-to-date, plus i didn't know about it doing anything like it would at the time...

zannyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
F0ur2o said:
Possible Fix......Hopeful

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:Twilight_Hack#3.3_T.Hack.3F

Based on the folders inside -- /private....../RZDP/ -- its PAL only right now. I could be wrong.

"Waits with anticipation for someone to test this."

Plenty of people on the net say im MAD for not installing the Homebrew Channel but id rather not install hacked channels incase Ninty fixes those. and my wii isnt chipped so exploits like this are the only way for me to try homebrew.

BuDaH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamehall.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never tried the Twilight hack, but this has been interesting reading & it makes for even more compelling reading when it looks like there may be a response to this system update shortly. Forgive me for asking, and please don't flame, but from my brief reading on this topic: a system that has been modded does not require the Twilight hack? Just trying to understand how far-reaching the Twilight hack was/is.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gamer said:
Someone confirmed regionfrii & brickblocked patched games still works, but now some people says GCOS doesn't boot anymore :S is that true?

Cheers.

in the breakdown on Hackmii that bushing showed from wiimpersonator the gamecube IPL wasnt updated meaning a blocklist on gamecube compatibility
couldnt be updated....

im not 100% sure but i dont think its true that GCOS doesnt boot

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
littlestevie said:
Gamer said:
Someone confirmed regionfrii & brickblocked patched games still works, but now some people says GCOS doesn't boot anymore :S is that true?

Cheers.

in the breakdown on Hackmii that bushing showed from wiimpersonator the gamecube IPL wasnt updated meaning a blocklist on gamecube compatibility
couldnt be updated....

im not 100% sure but i dont think its true that GCOS doesnt boot

GCOS still works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders