Wii #2923 - Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Japan

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let it be known that if this Dragon Quest title fails in Japan, this would be the company's ultimate fuck up.

Dragon Quest is HUGE in Japan, if this MMO approach is actually damaging to the title they will hopefully LEARN THEIR LESSON and stop trying this approach for their main series like they have done for Final Fantasy!

Time will tell if the game is actually good or a disaster, an MMO DQ, was it meant to be? Dragon Quest IX already had all the makings of an MMO without actually being online.

UsoppBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another game that will never be released in America :(
Since when has Dragon Quest not come out in America? Very few DQ titles have not come over. The ones we haven't gotten are maybe a couple of spinoffs. I'd say the odds of seeing this in the US are astronomically high.

If they release the game here, will be the WiiU or 3DS versions not this one

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(...)
Then which version would it be? Sorry if I sound out of the loop, I didn't know it was going to be a multi-platform.

- Vince989
Wii%20U%20Logo%20(Square)_0.png
I understand what you mean, due to its release date, but porting a game from one system to the next isn't a small affair. If it was to come out in the US on Wii U only, it would most likely come out in Japan on Wii U on the same time or earlier also, which I doubt since having two versions of the same game of this scale is very unheard of (except maybe Twilight Princess, but that had more to do with the control schemes if you ask me, of which the difference wouldn't be that big in this case).

- Vince989

the game was announced as both a wii and a wiiu title with the WiiU version coming out at a later date.
There will be cross plattform play between the two as well.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
To clarify for those unsure:

There is going to be a Wii U version of this game released in Japan. No version has been confirmed for 3DS and no version is confirmed to be localized in either the European or American region.

Speculation:

I don't think there will ever be a 3DS version of this game, however, I think we will see at the very least a Wii U localization into both European and American regions.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

There is going to be a Wii U version of this game released in Japan. No version has been confirmed for 3DS and no version is confirmed to be localized in either the European or American region.

Speculation:

I don't think there will ever be a 3DS version of this game, however, I think we will see at the very least a Wii U localization into both European and American regions.

There are actually some 3DS apps you can download for the game from the eShop though.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/dragon_quest_x_app_adventuring_onto_3ds

"Convenient tool for adventurers on the go: Volume 1" will take advantage of streetpass technology and interact with your Wii title.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ohh, already released?
I thought they would wait the Wii-U to release it on both at the same time.

I can foresee users asking how to play this now.
It might be why the IOS59 topic was bumped today.

That game require the new IOS59 to work with the Official external HDD partition format.

edit:
Oh, and it's the first Wii games with 2 Discs?
As it require the HDD to install it anyway, they didn't make dual layers.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Someone managed to get the game working?

Note: The game is not a traditional MMORPG, is like Dragon Quest IX but with massive online multiplayer. You can even play it offline until a point in the plot.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would work on PAL/NTSCU console with a modchip. (obviously it would also work on JP console with a retail game).
you need the retail game or a way to use the IOS59 to install and access data on an external storage device.

If you run it with a loader or even neek, it will not load the correct IOS and won't use the HDD. (unless you can play offline with discs only).
unless neek2o doesn't redirect IOS59 to ISO56.
edit: neek doesn't redirect IOS59, so it's fine.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pffff, seeing this makes me so sad they decided to go down this path :( I wanted another DQ VIII like game, that was so much fun, what an epic game. This just looks no fun, especially as an MMO....

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am actually really interested in this. I have never really played an MMO and one on the console as well as it being DQ would make me happy. I might actually enjoy it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know.
Maybe they don't include it in japan covers?
It wasn't on the Beta cover either.

I just found that the beta and final release have the same GAMEID.
On gameTDB, We placed (Lustar did) the Beta covers as alternate covers, so the first downloaded cover version will be the one from the final game.

@BortzAnator:
I think it's not a real MMORPG, it's still a game like PSO where you need to create your own team based on few members only.
You don't walk on a single map with all players. (at least, it was the case on the beta, it was a 4 players online)

Doesn't mean it's not good, just that it might not have the feeling of other MMORPG with hundreds of users in a city.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Satangel:

Just clarifying the gameplay.

http://youtu.be/a6K1jTCFOvI
This is Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest X is just like DQIX that is just like DQIII, except that in IX you may be followed by three other players instead of three ingame mercenaries.
In the case of DQX, the battle system is slightly different (almost real time) and you can find other players in Towns, download quests and stuff as in a traditional MMORPG.

In short, it's still Dragon Quest, but with coop online.

@[member='Cyan']:

I have Wiikey and my console has been updated with Pimp My Wii, I still need this new ios?

EDIT:

Offline gameplay:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if pimp My Wii has the IOS 59 included, but if it does it's obviously an old version (IOS59-64-v6689, from the beta of Dragon Quest X).
The version included on the final game is newer than the one on the beta (IOS59-64-v7201)

You need to install IOS59 to use the external storage device (16GB+) and play the game.
The IOS 59 is used to format/encrypt/decrypt the external device and use the keyboard.
If you use a different IOS (or base IOS), the game won't work.

Reactions: 1 person

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, for those that want to play this for free, Square-Enix have setup a free "Kid's Time" ( http://andriasang.com/con1gs/dqx_kids_time/ ) "Log in from 16:00 to 18:00 Monday through Friday or 13:00 to 15:00 on Saturday and Sunday, and you'll be able to play for free. The game will save your progress and boot you off when the free play period ends." Japan time of course. Now I really wish I understood Japanese :(

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country

Speculation:

There are actually some 3DS apps you can download for the game from the eShop though.
http://www.nintendol...turing_onto_3ds

"Convenient tool for adventurers on the go: Volume 1" will take advantage of streetpass technology and interact with your Wii title.

Yes, I saw that a while ago, but it isn't a copy of the game just as much as Pokedex is not a Pokemon RPG. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: