Wii #2660 - Madden NFL 12 (USA)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many maddes is this... also i have to get this for my cousin has always...

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start at '88 and work your way forward, minus one skipped year--1989.

*Also note that the first Madden game bears almost no resemblance to the style that became hyper-popular w/ the first Genesis game in 1990.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope it's not the shallow piece of crap 11 was. 07 was great in my opinion, aside from some AI issues and kicking.

killians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner said:
I will never understand how people buy these games EVERY year
Basically roster updates is all they are buying, same drivel every year just new coat of paint. 3D GRASS YAY EA.
p1ng.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
killians said:
GameWinner said:
Basically roster updates is all they are buying, same drivel every year just new coat of paint. 3D GRASS YAY EA.
p1ng.gif

with that logic, you can say the same with pokemon, or call of duty, or need for speed, professor layton, etc.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner said:

Have you seen the ads? These non gamers are talking about it. They look like douches on the tv ads too, manly men with spiked up hair. Also it is heavily advertised, which i wish other games did, but EA goes all out.

So, people who buy it are dood brofest games. The same people who go out and buy every call of duty game. They jump online than play the story, they play online and buy all the DLC, and then when the next CoD comes out, they'll buy it.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the people who buy madden every year are a different breed of person, period. many of them only buy madden. they love the game of football, and being able to call the plays and run your team is a lot of fun for them. naturally, they want their game to be new so that they can have the latest rosters and try out the new first round picks.

these people aren't necessarily stupid or the bro-hams that play CoD and gears all day. sports sims have their own fanbase apart from you.

i'm not one of these people, but i'm not going to hate on them. not the way i hate on CoD sheeple.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe, these people are the same as the ones that buy every year a new Fifa, a Pro Evolution Soccer or a NBA game...

What´s so wrong with that?

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is actually pretty raw for the wii. with the CC support and online, it's also a step up.

the only thing they should have done differently is 3D cell-shading instead of the cartoony shit...​

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I personally don't mind the "cartoon" style that they use on the graphics... I think it looks perfectly good in 480p on the Wii. Isn't this fairly similar to a "3D Cell-Shaded" look... I guess unless you just mean the exaggerated "features" of the stadium and player models. Also regarding the graphics... I am happy to see the addition this year of a full crew of referee's (not just the guys manning the sticks), I know it's a small thing but it adds to that overall presentation.

I am happy that they continue to keep the classic "gesture" based controls, they are my favorite way to play the game. I think those who want a "classic or game cube controller"... they should just pick up a PS3/360 and play it in HD. They also added a "classic" mode, where you hold the wiimote sideways... almost like you were playing with Genesis-era's Madden controls. There is also still multiple ways to call the plays... traditional (where you select from every play available), arcade (simplified choices) & gameflow (coach makes the call, you can do an audible if you want to change it up).

I'm always happy for 5 on 5 to be in the Wii Madden versions... it's great when you want a quick and fun change from the full 11 on 11 simulation mode. It's also fun to play with the rules in the 5 on 5 mode... I love playing with game starting at center field, then only 1 down before turnover... makes a crazy back and forth game where you need big plays to do well. Otherwise the main menu is still a bit messed up. Play now is pretty straight forward, so is Franchise (which hasn't changed very much over Madden 11) and the Mini-Games available. Multiplayer Modes hides "Road to the Super Bowl", which can actually be played Single player (and that is how to play a full season of 5 on 5 mode). Only new addition under "My Madden" is addition of trophies and achievements that you have received.

Overall I'm still personally very happy with Madden 12's game play. I find the Wii controls much more friendly vs the big consoles. I only play Madden casually, it's not my #1 sport of choice... but on the Wii I do find it very enjoyable. But overall to be honest, there is very few (if any) big changes from the past Madden 11 Wii release. For me, it's still a solid 8/10.

DozerGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ Great review. I also like the cartoon feel for the Wii version, and have the PS3 version for a more real 3d game. The Wii version will never look as good as ps3 or X-box, so I think it was a good direction to go. Plus the Madden 11 music sucked ass, so 12 couldn't get here quick enough for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I will continue to ask what ever I feel like asking. lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    not the type of thing I would do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, most of my exp comes from my reaction score and threads posted
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I mean, I've never seen a message on a thread with more than 30 reactions at max
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just be a mod, insta likes for xp
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    and based on the table reactions only give 1 xp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And insta fear from your enemies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i always posted on the eof meme threads
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies