Wii #2275 - Rock Band 3 (Europe)

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pubert09 said:
Well, good news, I think!
This is recognizing my NTSC DLC!
Tried out Jumper '09 and it played.

yaywii.gif
Excellent news. Try one from each "wave" of releases though, 1 through 5, to be sure they all will work.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
pubert09 said:
Well, good news, I think!
This is recognizing my NTSC DLC!
Tried out Jumper '09 and it played.

yaywii.gif
Excellent news. Try one from each "wave" of releases though, 1 through 5, to be sure they all will work.
Downloading them now! I'm not sure if it really matters what region the DLC is anyway. Isn't the folder setup the same?
Emulated NAND isn't working for me, though.
It freezes when it tries to load the DLC.
I hope it can be fixed...
unsure.gif

UPDATE: Sorry. I'm getting fed up. I keep getting out of date errors and such and don't feel like doing it again. I'm going to assume that they do work.
I can actually get on the store in RB3 and it is showing all the songs as purchased. It's weird. It's like it's entirely region free.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunate discovery.
When I load this via USB Loader on NTSC wii, it works fine, but my USA Keyboard is refusing to work on it. I do not know if it's because it's a PAL game with a USA USB-Dongle keyboard, or if it's somehowly interfering with the game also loading off USB. I just will not work, it syncs fine, but it isn't assigning the Keyboard a player number.

EDIT: I have confirmed that my always working Rock Band usb microphone is NOT working either. This almost assures it's a USB issue, I'll try to burn it somehowly getting around the error 002

Fredy Garbagis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
My mic is working just fine.
wink.gif

And the must beautiful news is that the RB2 Store hack is WORKING! I can download any DLC!

I just need the NTSC version to confirm that my NTSC DLC collection will work too. And then I'll be in the hands of the glorious SDHC storage universe! =D

EDIT: OH SHIT. When I try to download from the store to my 4gb SDHC the game says "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used."

No SDHC support Harmonix? Seriously??
hate2.gif

EDIT2: Oh, well... I can download songs, but I can't play them. The same old "song cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory" problem. Guess we're gonna have to wait for a solution. =/

I was so excited when I saw all the songs 'purchased' on the list. =x

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game even on Disc is refusing to recognize any of my USB stuff. Mic or keyboard, that is. Not a dang clue what's wrong since freddy's works.

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, can anyone show some pics of the Wii version? Just curious to see (or because I'm pissed I can't pick up my bundle until tomorrow.)

Fredy Garbagis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Xuphor said:
The game even on Disc is refusing to recognize any of my USB stuff. Mic or keyboard, that is. Not a dang clue what's wrong since freddy's works.
Doesn't make any sense. The USB Logitech mics are all the same thing.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
nando said:
edit: so if the squire requires the midi adapter, how will the game know if you have a guitar, drums, or keyboard attached? will we be able to fool the game into thinking there is a pro guitar?
It automatically recognizes the device plugged in. Let's say you plug in an e-drum kit, it will automatically recognize it and automatically map the pads to the respective colors (red for snare, yellow for the hi-hat, green for the tom). That's what HMX said but I don't know if all MIDI devices will be compatible or if manual input is required.

I should get my hands on a real keyboard and a MIDI adapter around Xmas.

Also, for the people who are curious of exporting Rock Band 2, it's $10 to export and is done by putting in the RB2 manual code (found at the back) into the "Redeem Code" section in RB3. Unfortunately, these songs won't make the cut:
  • AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
  • Metallica - Battery
  • Journey - Any Way You Want It
  • RHCP - Give It Away
  • Soundgarden - Spoonman

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats cool if NTSC DLC is recognised on this version.
Just need someone who has the dlc on HDD and loading through uloader to try and see if it recognises the dlc already downloaded. I'll have the game later but wont get to try it til tomorrow myself. Anyone?

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
Just need someone who has the dlc on HDD and loading through uloader to try and see if it recognises the dlc already downloaded. I'll have the game later but wont get to try it til tomorrow myself. Anyone?
I've tried using emulated NAND with uLoader and it freezes up when trying to load the songs.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
pubert09 said:
crezwell said:
I've tried using emulated NAND with uLoader and it freezes up when trying to load the songs.
Thats not good news, Hopefully its due to a conflict between NTSC dlc and PAL game. people are saying the dlc shows as purchased in the store but i havent heard anyone confirm one works thats already downloaded from the store. So are the RB2 wads region free unlocking everything but the actually dlc file is causing the conflict. Lets hope so.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this worth it when you only have a GH guitar? I mean recently we had GH: WoR. Does this bring anything new to the table in terms of "ol' fashioned les paul first edition"type of play? If it's only a bunch of new songs I'll pass this one.

PS: the new guitar idea sounds very cool though. I must say (as a guitar player myself) one could maybe take one more extra step and just purchase a real guitar and start jamming without a game attached.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1