Wii #2171 - Metroid: Other M (USA)

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
EMP Knightmare said:
Wow everyone talking about making it work and I have yet to find a complete set.
blink.gif

(I start my dl and towards the end the files get removed
angry.gif
)

So if anyone would be so kind as to help me actually get the ISO (in English no less) I would be ever so grateful
yaywii.gif
Just download it off of a news server that hosts alt.binaries.games.wii where it was released to. Your internet provider probably hosts a news server that should be plenty fast when compared to some warez site or file hosting site...

-[]D

. . . . . . . . Uh? . . . . . . . (dumb-founded look on face
blink.gif
) I'm a bit new to emulation outside of PSX and back. Sry

D

Deleted_171835

EMP Knightmare said:
PPSainity said:
EMP Knightmare said:
Wow everyone talking about making it work and I have yet to find a complete set.
blink.gif

angry.gif
)

So if anyone would be so kind as to help me actually get the ISO (in English no less) I would be ever so grateful
yaywii.gif
Just download it off of a news server that hosts alt.binaries.games.wii where it was released to. Your internet provider probably hosts a news server that should be plenty fast when compared to some warez site or file hosting site...

-[]D

blink.gif
He's talking about Usenet.
Look it up.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+usenet

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pffffff, the NFO says that the other releases were underdumped, I'm about to finish the game, I checked the image with WiiScruber and the .iso as the update partition complete, mom_ntsc_m3.iso...!!
biggrin.gif

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
EMP Knightmare said:
PPSainity said:
EMP Knightmare said:
blink.gif

angry.gif
)

yaywii.gif

-[]D

blink.gif
He's talking about Usenet.
Look it up.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+usenet

Ok as stated I know nothing about it so handing over a FAQ just brings up more questions, anywho I guess I'll watch a walkthrough or continue searching the web for a full file set. Thanx anyway.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EMP Knightmare said:
Ok as stated I know nothing about it so handing over a FAQ just brings up more questions, anywho I guess I'll watch a walkthrough or continue searching the web for a full file set. Thanx anyway.
Man, for some reason I feel old, like old internet old....
rolleyes.gif

But getting back to my original post...you should really read up on and explore the world of newsgroups aka Usenet, it'll open a whole new world for you, seriously. Newsgroups predate forums and blogs and put simply is a widely linked system that is divided by topics were you can post discussions and files. Most ISPs (internet service providers) give you access to a free newsgroup server, just like they give you an email account.

The Wii release scene, like many "scenes", dumps new releases via newsgroups. In this particular case in the newsgroup alt.binaries.games.wii. To access a newsgroup server, contact your ISP for details. Programs like Outlook Express, Live Mail, and my favorite newsgroup specific reader X-News are easy to setup and use to browse newsgroups. There are many sites that provide a web-interface to newsgroups like Hotmail does for email. Unlike Hotmail which is free, newsgroup websites usually charge for access.

So do yourself a favor, read up on newsgroups and find out that there is more to the internet than webpages
biggrin.gif

Next we'll discuss IRC....nah, I'll leave that to someone else
rolleyes.gif

-[]D

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
rolleyes.gif

-[]D

Usenet is way better than IRC if you don't mind paying a little extra every month for a premium usenet provider. Unlimited bandwidth, fast downloads, very stable servers, close to 2 years of retention (enough to get any iso you want or may have missed, since there are frequent reposts).

Not at all like IRC with its vanishing bots and large queues. But if you don't want to pay anything more than your regular internet access, I guess IRC is good (way better than torrents, anyway). Once I tried Usenet, I never looked back to IRC.
grog.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ratpimples said:
ratpimples said:
i can confirm that this release does the same thing the "iND" release does, baby cry error message. :-\

i can now also confirm that this fixed it:

Google "Hermes Cios installer 5.1".

-Extract / copy it to your apps directory on your SD card

-Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer

-Read the warning message and push A

-Select IOS249 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A

- select Custom IOS 223 and select merge with IOS38 and IOS37, (also be sure to have internet connection on so the installer can grab updates online instead of running offline with older files)

-In your USB loader, make sure to load with CIOS223 when you're booting the game.

Thank you! Worked perfectly. Everything is so much better with the new cIOS.

Edit: I got past the part where I froze in Metroid Other M doing this too. Thanks.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dust2dust said:
PPSainity said:
rolleyes.gif

-[]D

Usenet is way better than IRC if you don't mind paying a little extra every month for a premium usenet provider. Unlimited bandwidth, fast downloads, very stable servers, close to 2 years of retention (enough to get any iso you want or may have missed, since there are frequent reposts).

Not at all like IRC with its vanishing bots and large queues. But if you don't want to pay anything more than your regular internet access, I guess IRC is good (way better than torrents, anyway). Once I tried Usenet, I never looked back to IRC.
grog.gif
I love IRC, not for files though, but it's great for a real-time alternative to forums. A better, more natural way of holding a conversation, bouncing ideas, group-think etc. Though my one-liner in that post was my lame attempt at humour; I find myself explaining the older internet mediums like newsgroups and IRC more and more, most newcomers to the web only see the internet as webpages and Twitter
rolleyes.gif

I lucked out for newsgroup access as my ISP still provides local newsgroup server access for free; well "free" as far as it is part of my monthly package lol. They are pretty good at hosting most of all the topics out there too, some of the fringe ones are missing, but everything I need is hosted.

Back to the scene release, it seems that this release has made it's way to the open torrents already...meh.

-[]D

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PPSainity said:
I love IRC, not for files though, but it's great for a real-time alternative to forums. A better, more natural way of holding a conversation, bouncing ideas, group-think etc. Though my one-liner in that post was my lame attempt at humour; I find myself explaining the older internet mediums like newsgroups and IRC more and more, most newcomers to the web only see the internet as webpages and Twitter
rolleyes.gif

I lucked out for newsgroup access as my ISP still provides local newsgroup server access for free; well "free" as far as it is part of my monthly package lol. They are pretty good at hosting most of all the topics out there too, some of the fringe ones are missing, but everything I need is hosted.

Back to the scene release, it seems that this release has made it's way to the open torrents already...meh.

-[]D

Hmm, yeah, I forgot the main purpose of IRC, which is to chat.
blush.gif
I was only thinking about the file transfers aspect of it. Yes, of course, IRC is good for that (chatting). But I guess most mainstream people on the internet would rather use MSN or something similar to do that.

My "free" newsgroup access (through my ISP) is nothing serious. Speed sucks, and most importantly, at the most, I get 2 days of retention (usually more like 1). So pretty impossible to use that for catching the latest scene release.
angry.gif
But I don't mind paying an extra 10 bucks or so per month for the all the conveniency I get off Usenet. Pretty good deal, really.

How much retention do you get off your ISP's usenet access? Just out of curiosity, as I know not all ISPs are equal in that matter.

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't like your isp's usenet server, if you get your computer to run ipv6 you can use 2 free servers that can max out a 5megabit dsl connection. Combine it with your isp server and you have a done deal

Just google free ipv6 usenet

There's a bunch of guides. I recommend use sabnzb if you already don't

JonLeung

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone stuck at Baby's Cry scene, couldn't you do this?

1. Download the save with everything unlocked at GameFAQs and copy the save to your Wii. (This allows you to skip cutscenes by pressing the (-) button.)
2. Start a new game. After the tutorial, skip that cutscene. Play until the first save point.
3. Watch the rest of the Baby's Cry cutscene that you missed by finding it on YouTube.
4. Download a save that's at the first save point, copy it to your Wii, and continue playing from there.

Voila!

It's a workaround, sure, but technically you'd see everything there is to see, play everything there is to play.

Now the question is, can someone make a fresh new save at the earliest save point? That should alleviate the headaches of all those stuck at that point.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok ive got a weird problem, every few minutes playing this dump on dvd+r DL using wasabi modchip, i get an error cannot read disc please refer to wii booklet or whatever, but i can easily just eject the disc and put it back in and it will load and continue playing where it froze, any idea how i can fix?

kentasama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can any one explain how to burn this game (on a 8.5gb dvd+r disc) so it will work properly?
does i need to do anything to the iso before burning it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)