Wii #2037 - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (USA)

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amiga said:
I have been playing around 30 minutes without any crash so far, using an old version of usb loader gx rev 713, with ios 249 rev 9.

Before this one I tried wiiflow and I got black screen at the begining and uloader with cios 223 and I got a crash in the begining scene of the game.

So I dont know but it doesnt seem to be a protection but something weird with the game because at least with one loader and with chips it seem to be fine.

this seems important... quoting for the new page

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IxthusTiger said:
amiga said:
I have been playing around 30 minutes without any crash so far, using an old version of usb loader gx rev 713, with ios 249 rev 9.

Before this one I tried wiiflow and I got black screen at the begining and uloader with cios 223 and I got a crash in the begining scene of the game.

So I dont know but it doesnt seem to be a protection but something weird with the game because at least with one loader and with chips it seem to be fine.

this seems important... quoting for the new page

I just finished the first boss enemy (the guardian) and no crashes and I have been saving frecuently without problems.

Tonindo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
I have a Wii 4.1E with WIIKEY. But when I try to run the disc via Gecko (002 error fixed) I get a 002 error (!?!?!?) and with the latest version 1.9.3 I get a green screen. What am I doing wrong?
I get a green screen with the latest Gecko OS too. I have a 3.2E Wii with Wiikey. Not sure if this works on a 4.2 Wii, but I run the game trough Freeloader (backup) and it works like a charm.

mb42375

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really think this is a bad rip and if someone will re rip it that it will work fine on usb loaders. This reminds me of Avatar which had a bad ripped version out to begin with and then someone reripped it and it worked fine. It freezes at the same place for me everytime its not random. Even when I burnt the disc it froze at the same point.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mb42375 said:
I really think this is a bad rip and if someone will re rip it that it will work fine on usb loaders. This reminds me of Avatar which had a bad ripped version out to begin with and then someone reripped it and it worked fine. It freezes at the same place for me everytime its not random. Even when I burnt the disc it froze at the same point.

...Except people have reported it working, just usually with modchips. It looks just like AP. If it was a bad rip it would play poorly on everything. It's a good rip, it just has AP.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mb42375 said:
I really think this is a bad rip and if someone will re rip it that it will work fine on usb loaders. This reminds me of Avatar which had a bad ripped version out to begin with and then someone reripped it and it worked fine. It freezes at the same place for me everytime its not random. Even when I burnt the disc it froze at the same point.The same feezing-issue happens with the Pal-release... I don`t think it is an intentional protection from Ubi but the game (NTSC- and PAL-versions) does freeze when loaded from a softmoded Wii...

Here is what Dr. Clipper said in the USBLoaderCFG-Thread:
Dr. Clipper said:
For those interested in Prince of Persia, it has a new IOS detection. It's already been located and patches are being prepared, so just wait for those. It also seems like we might be at the stage that every new game is going to require its own patch, so caution is being taken on this one before release...

Edit: Oh it seems to be an intentional protection after all
tongue.gif
rofl.gif
tHciNc said:
Lol, it pretty funny the new protection check, Cios authors are famous, No doubt SMG2 will have this
CODE
.globl MFCIOSWaninkokoCheck
.globl MFCIOSHermesCheck1

mb42375

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok great! I don't really try all that hard to make games work if they don't I just say ok and move on I don't want to ever risk bricking my wii. This game was just ok from what I played anyway might get it for psp instead. Now super mario galaxy 2 is a different story I will do anything in my power to get it to work which im sure everyone else will as well so if a fix is needed for that I bet it will appear quickly.

paradalakuwawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry guys...nothings working fine. I´ve got the wiikey, and i´m having serious sound problems with POP Forgotten Sands (No voice, no title-sound). The game is running but without sound ...it´s stupid

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tonindo said:
berlinka said:
I have a Wii 4.1E with WIIKEY. But when I try to run the disc via Gecko (002 error fixed) I get a 002 error (!?!?!?) and with the latest version 1.9.3 I get a green screen. What am I doing wrong?
I get a green screen with the latest Gecko OS too. I have a 3.2E Wii with Wiikey. Not sure if this works on a 4.2 Wii, but I run the game trough Freeloader (backup) and it works like a charm.
Thanks I'll try that!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mb42375 said:
ok great! I don't really try all that hard to make games work if they don't I just say ok and move on I don't want to ever risk bricking my wii. This game was just ok from what I played anyway might get it for psp instead. Now super mario galaxy 2 is a different story I will do anything in my power to get it to work which im sure everyone else will as well so if a fix is needed for that I bet it will appear quickly.
PSP version is a different game. Its not bad but feels like a iPhone/iTouch game.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This release is not even a real NTSC version.

Anyway...

amiga said:

I can 100% confirm this method as working perfectly. Am compiling other older builds of GX to see what the highest working revision is with cIOS36 rev9, then will raise the cIOS to see which is the highest working with the highest working of GX... if that makes any sense, lol.

cats9999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have managed to geting this to work only from the backup disc.
i have instaled DARKCORP_v1.0_Full an i have started the game with disc channel now its working fine no more frezeenig when i pushed the home button or when i chased the giant in the first stage i have a softmoded PAL wii and i used the pal version of the game (the NTSC version dose not work for me althru it says region free in wbfs manager) maibe the NTSC console need the NTSC version to work good luck to you all and i wait to hear from you guys if it works to you to

tuntun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i got the game to work through the disk channel,
but after 00:50 of game time you open a door and there is nothing there, there is supposed to be a bridge!
Any ideas?

paradalakuwawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cats9999 said:
i have instaled DARKCORP_v1.0_Full an i have started the game with disc channel now its working fine no more frezeenig when i pushed the home button or when i chased the giant in the first stage i have a softmoded PAL wii and i used the pal version of the game (the NTSC version dose not work for me althru it says region free in wbfs manager) maibe the NTSC console need the NTSC version to work good luck to you all and i wait to hear from you guys if it works to you to

whats with the sound? There are no character sounds right??
I´m using wiikey and the game works fine but the character voice are gone

cats9999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paradalakuwawa said:
cats9999 said:

whats with the sound? There are no character sounds right??
I´m using wiikey and the game works fine but the character voice are gone

to me working perfect i have sound and everything else

mb42375

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install Darkcorp and my wii froze at 16% during install. I freaked out because I thought my wii was going to be bricked. It wasn't thank god but im not going to try and install again I don't know why it froze.

tuntun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
anyone get passed 00:57 mins of play?
After that the level is missing? Theres supposed to be a bridge after u open a door but...

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
tuntun said:
anyone get passed 00:57 mins of play?
After that the level is missing? Theres supposed to be a bridge after u open a door but...

i'm about 4hours in playing on my NTSC wii 4.1 with d2pro 9 chip no problems or freezes at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E