Ubisoft refunds all pre-orders of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake, promises game is still in development

dsadasdaddddddddddddd.png

Ubisoft is giving out some mixed signals in regard to its remake of The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Though the game was announced in 2020, it has been delayed several times, while shifting between three different development studios. Most recently, Ubisoft has indefinitely delayed the remake, which is currently in the hands of Ubisoft Montreal, and issued refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered the game. Despite this, Ubisoft is insistent on claiming that The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake hasn't been canceled, and is still being developed. A FAQ page was published to explain the decision, with Ubisoft stating that pre-orders will open back up once they've got a planned release date for the game.

:arrow: Source

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't be surprised if the XIII remake shitshow caused Ubi Soft to reconsider this. Sounds like they never backed up the source codes or the source code itself is just not compatible with modern engines they want to port with.

Just surprised they didn't just code a quick and dirty emulator to run the game on modern hardware for a quick cash grab.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I heard they were so buttmad at how bad it was by an outsourced studio they started all over.
It was made by Ubisoft Mumbai, there even was a trailer and it looked like garbage. I remember people being pretty excited for it and I was stunned at how UGLY it looked. Glad they took it back to Montréal.
I guess they refunded the preorders because they just started from scratch and are still willing to make it.

Trust me, Prince of Persia isn't quite dead. I've had the chance to playtest for Ubi, can't say much but .... My guess is that they are trying to give Prince of Persia some relevance again and I'm all for it

Also lmao it's always hilarious to see people actually preorder stuff that does not even have a release date yet. Sometimes it doesn't even have a full name and yet they are ready to throw money. That's just boggles my mind.

lattechan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was made by Ubisoft Mumbai, there even was a trailer and it looked like garbage. I remember people being pretty excited for it and I was stunned at how UGLY it looked. Glad they took it back to Montréal.
I guess they refunded the preorders because they just started from scratch and are still willing to make it.

Trust me, Prince of Persia isn't quite dead. I've had the chance to playtest for Ubi, can't say much but .... My guess is that they are trying to give Prince of Persia some relevance again and I'm all for it

Also lmao it's always hilarious to see people actually preorder stuff that does not even have a release date yet. Sometimes it doesn't even have a full name and yet they are ready to throw money. That's just boggles my mind.
I'm for PoP coming back too. Luv the series.
I agree on the pre-orders thing I mostly don't buy things til they been out a couple weeks these days, especially since release date is usually more like Beta-2 Electric Boogaloo from most companies.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped trusting Ubisoft a long time ago and they've gotten worse as they have made some digital content purchased unusable.

Thank goodness for piracy. F Ubisoft.

I might buy this and Splinter Cell remakes if they release and are actually good.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard they were so buttmad at how bad it was by an outsourced studio they started all over.
If that's true it must have really been a dog turd, given Ubisoft's variable quality.
Post automatically merged:

They're lucky to get refunds 'cause Google could have just gone thru without it.

Those who paid did it with their own consent.
Too right. Even 'good guys' like Valve wouldn't offer up a refund if a game you bought got taken away.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're better off making a new game in the series instead of remaking this, the game still looks & plays good and to this day..
Give me the first, or at least a game with the same general approach to aesthetics, writing and character, but with a combat engine of one of the later games and I will there for it. Combat in the first game felt perfunctory even at the time* where later games did far better if they toned done some of the weapon damage and chains (technically not a QTE but might as well be) aspects. The later games styles, tones and whatnot though... oh dear.

*that they could do the rapid turnaround for the sequels says much and it was still somewhat early into "yes we can do something like a fighting game engine in a normal game" (one day they might even get there) as it would not be until the next year we saw Ninja Gaiden reappear (are will still neglecting to mention what they did to Shinobi on the PS2?).

Reactions: CoolMe

g12345567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I always wondered what happened to this release. Just keeps getting delayed.

Wish they would do a remake of Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. Though doubt that would ever happen since they are having enough trouble trying to just do the Sands Of Time remake.

Last edited by g12345567,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty old now. More recent statement is this:

(TLDR, yes they're shutting down and have announced it. Refunds are already going out to people.)

Do you need me to, like... spoonfeed an explanation of the joke to you?
Prince of Persia is absolutely going to get cancelled, even if they insist it's not.

BlusterBong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bleck, this is Ubisoft's attempt to vaporware that shit and hope we forget, besides the refunds arn't going to do much as the new Mario + Rabbids game will keep the lights on over there for now.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: