Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Zorua said:
AlanJohn said:
Yuan said:
Be more powerful than last gen consoles is kind of mandatory imo. Even the wii is more powerful than its previous gen iterations (don't know for sure about the xbox, but maybe they are similar in power).
They meant that the Wii 2 will be more powerful than the xbox 360 and Playsation 3
Not the old Playstation 2 or xbox.
*facepalm*

It doesn't matter much because probably the Xbox 720 and PS4 are on their way. Wii 2 hardware will be outdated once again then.
Nah.
I can understand that the xbox 360 needs an upgrade (since the size on the discs are limited to 8gb).
But the PS3 still has a great line-up of games, and its hardware is still new and expensive.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Exciting news but I doubt it. The next Nintendo home console will be at least a year, if not two or three away. They might make an announcement but.... I really don't know. Only Nintendo actually do. I know it'll sell like hot-cakes anyway, but it's POSSIBLE that any such news could devastate the up-coming Zelda Skyward Sword (but please, don't let a million people reply saying that I'm wrong. It's just a possibility even though I know it's unlikely. You don't need to tell me).

On a side note, it'd be nice to move past the stupid PowerPC processor in the Wii. Even Apple finally understood that they needed to jump to Intel chipsets, and heck, since both the Gamecube and Wii have custom ATI GPUs, why don't Nintendo just strike a deal with AMD for CPUs as well? Don't tell me that that's complicated. I know. But it's possible. As far as I'm aware, AMD own ATI anyway. Or something like that. Not that I care. No one explain it to me. I don't care. I'm too tired to care.

Z

Zorua

FireGrey said:
oh, so hyped for E3.
I think that sony and microsoft might even want to compete quickly for the 8th gen so it will be intresting to see so many new systems

No. 8th gen consoles should be announced at least after 2 years. I'm still playing my 360 and PS3.
hate2.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zorua said:
FireGrey said:
oh, so hyped for E3.
I think that sony and microsoft might even want to compete quickly for the 8th gen so it will be intresting to see so many new systems

No. 8th gen consoles should be announced at least after 2 years. I'm still playing my 360 and PS3.
hate2.gif

I don't want to burst your bubble. But I don't see anymore AAA's coming to PS3 after uncharted 3. Xbox 360 is already having a shortage of exclusives.

Z

Zorua

Yuan said:
Zorua said:
FireGrey said:
oh, so hyped for E3.

hate2.gif

I don't want to burst your bubble. But I don't see anymore AAA's coming to PS3 after uncharted 3. Xbox 360 is already having a shortage of exclusives.

That's true but I really don't want to invest in new hardware. For all you know, the prices will be ridiculous.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zorua said:
Yuan said:
Zorua said:
FireGrey said:
oh, so hyped for E3.

hate2.gif

That's true but I really don't want to invest in new hardware. For all you know, the prices will be ridiculous.

Neither do I. But it is the sad reality
frown.gif

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If nintendo show their "Wii 2" "Gamecube 3" or whatever during E3, that might steal the show from Sony & Microsoft.
The gamecube's lifespan was 5 years, so those rumors may be true.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What I would like for a next gen, it a real next gen without backward compatibility.

So, they can work on a totally new hardware, and aren't concerned about how they could fit the old technologies inside and thinking about downgrading the spec to be able to play older gen, being hardware or emulated.
They would have to rely on a system already fully hacked (wii), and it could be like the 3DS and DS mode already hacked by current flash cards.

To make Backward compatible hardware, they need to integrate different chipset using slower bus, different voltage (like GB and GBA), etc., with recent hardware and different audio/video/etc., going for more production cost (like PS3 + PS2 BC).

I understand that people want to play their old games, but they can keep their old console for that purpose. let new gen console evolves and be completely different !

I'm done ranting
tongue.gif

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Erdnaxela said:
If nintendo show their "Wii 2" "Gamecube 3" or whatever during E3, that might steal the show from Sony & Microsoft.
This may be off-topic but I like the name "Gamecube 3" even though there wasn't any gamecube 2.
Its alot better than Wii2 or Wii II.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
MigueelDnd said:
3DS has just been released, Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did this. Not likely at all.
Well, they are kind of saying it will release in 2012, but you're right. This could be false, but multiple sources confirm it, which is weird.
That's the thing. They told us about the 3DS in April/May 2010, the console didn't hit shelves until 2011. It seems reasonable that they could announce it now/at E3, and release it in a year's time. They did it with the 3DS, with DSi XL only just released (in Australia anyway). Mind you that was only a minor change as compared to an entire console rehash.
Also, found a rather entertaining video containing speculation on the next console (which, until its name is publicized, shall be referred to as the Nintendo P-NES {Watch the video!})

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lswzCW14dE4&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AlanJohn said:
Erdnaxela said:
This may be off-topic but I like the name "Gamecube 3" even though there wasn't any gamecube 2.
Well, Wii was called Gamecube 2 because of its graphical power >.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Erdnaxela said:
AlanJohn said:
Erdnaxela said:
Well, Wii was called Gamecube 2 because of its graphical power >.<

Because of its very similar hardware to tell the truth. The CPU/GPU are almost the same, with greater clock speed.

D

Deleted-273695

I don't understand how this is (almost) confirmed.
I haven't heard ANY news at all about and I usually check everywhere.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
Erdnaxela said:
Its alot better than Wii2 or Wii II.

Nope the Wii isn't a gamecube 2. The Gamecube was a Wii Zero! The motion controls were originally designed for the Gamecube. They realized the cost customers would of had to pay for the controls would of been too high (at the time). The motion controls were dropped literally at the last possible moment of the Gamecube's development. Thus we got saddled with the poorly redesigned n64 controller.

I want the 8th Gen Nintendo system to use a wireless version of the classic controller pro for the main controls. Let the Wii mote and it's attachments still be usable for backwords compatibility. Hell than they can let the wireless CCP used for gamecube/VC games too.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't a 3rd party dev let slip that their game was going to be able to link up with an "as yet unnanounced" Nintendo console?

I a way, it's not really speculation. Nintendo are certainly working on a console, they always are. The only thing to speculate about is what form it will take and when.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-