Wii #1980 - Rugby League 3 (Europe)

0605053h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hope this is good, it will probably be pretty weak though . . .

anyone tried it?

canberra raiders all the way
yay.gif

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
I was really excited to play this... until I heard that there is a new AP for this game.

Out of all the Wii releases I don't understand why they would realease a new AP for such a low key realease like this.

I will still grab it and play it in "demo" mode I guess.

GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS!!!

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Rugby League 3 - New Protection

It seems the newly released Wii title "Rugby League 3" may contain a new form of protection that stops the game from running on a chipped console. Yes, an original purchased game disc will apparently not function when run on a modded console.

A warning on the back of the game's packaging states "unauthorized technical modifications to your wii may render this game unplayable."

Users have been reporting the issue on the game's official forum. According to their reports, newer chips like DriveKey and WODE work fine.

The official statement from the administrator of the game's forum is "if you are having problems getting the game working with your modchip, you should try deleting any softmods, hacks, or other non standard software that you have on your Wii. "

UPDATE: The game is apparently looking for the Trucha Bug in an IOS file so some softmods are affected. Hackers are still trying to narrow down which file(s) it is checking for.

source: wiinewz.com

----> gbatemp.net [Super] Rugby League 3 Wii - Problems

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's an interesting copy protection. Game works great... but it's locked in to a demo mode. You can only play 'Instant Action' match (two 5 minute halves) with two randomly selected teams (changes every time you exit and enter the start 'Instant Action' menu. So I did play a full game like this... it's not too bad. Graphics are pretty good for a Wii game going for the 'realistic look' (games with the 'cartoon' or 'cel shade' look like Red Steel 2 look better overall IMO)... the control isn't too bad, except passing using a flick of the wiimote and/or wiimote+nunchuck (for longer passes) isn't very precise. But not terrible game. Hope someone finds a way around the copy protection, as being here in North America we'll never see an NTSC copy of this game that I could buy, even if I wanted to.

T1nmaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
widiot said:
Works perefctly on my 3.2E wii with Configurable USB loader. USB loader GX gives the restricted options only.

Not working on my 3.2U with Configurable USB loader.
Only can play the demo mode
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo