laugh.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved this game but it was over way too quickly.

I hope there is a sequel one day, make it longer and add some online and it'll be a winner.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there full 16:9 (without underscan) and 480p support in japanese version? Really doubt it, but still...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing new in this version except that it's in Japanese, right?

Anyway, one of the best Wii games out there. Awesome use of motion controls, excellent bosses, hilarious commentary, and a great brawler. It's just over too soon.

"You know, those happy pills work great if you grind them up and inject them into the folds of your scrotum."

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Guild McCommunist said:
Raylene2K7 said:
DeMoN said:
Wow. A "Z" rating? Never seen that before.
To help you, here are some other CERO "Z" rated games:
- Zangeki no Reginleiv
- Dead Rising
- Fallout 3
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Assassin's Creed

Zangeki is rated Cero D, according to the boxart.
yep, sorry, that one slipped into my list, it's BLACK marked but Cero "D" only

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raylene2K7 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Raylene2K7 said:
DeMoN said:
- Zangeki no Reginleiv
- Dead Rising
- Fallout 3
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Assassin's Creed

All CERO Z games are the violent games being marketed mainly to western audience with few exceptions, the original Onechanbara for the PS2 is Z rated however it's wasn't originally marketed to western audiences, there's also a famicom disk series of licensed H-games rated Z.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It`s a very fun game, but Hadrian is right: it was a little too short.

The multiplayer was pretty disappointing as well and IMO very uninspired. It should have been online-/offline-co-op through the whole campaign with tag-team-moves (like if one grabs a foe and the other does too it triggers a quick-time-sequence with a fancy moves they perform together) or special things you can torture your 2nd-player with! Like in NSMB, where you can either support each other or play against each other.

And if you ask me the selling-point of a brawler is the multiplayer, especially if the campaign is so short like it is here.

It is still a very good and polished game with some very unique ideas and the controls were also spot on and I dare to say it: It was pretty satisfying cutting those guys in two and having so many methods to kill foes
tongue.gif
blush.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hadrian said:

I hope there is a sequel one day, make it longer and add some online and it'll be a winner.
Any guesses to what the sequel may be called (if it ever came out) - I'd like the idea of 'InsaneWorld' rather than 'MadWorld II'

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:

ohhhh, how I wish that would happen. Hopefully theres some magic flux and japan buys enough copies to counteract America's lack of sales.....yeash I know. Dont get my hopes up...*sigh*

This game is seriously one of my favorites on Wii. I just wish it was longer like most people said. I'd love to see the variety of kills we would get from platinum since they already would have the engine done for the sequel.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Raylene2K7 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Raylene2K7 said:
DeMoN said:
- Zangeki no Reginleiv
- Dead Rising
- Fallout 3
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Assassin's Creed

All CERO Z games are the violent games being marketed mainly to western audience with few exceptions, the original Onechanbara for the PS2 is Z rated however it's wasn't originally marketed to western audiences, there's also a famicom disk series of licensed H-games rated Z.
I don't believe any of those games are for the Wii, except Reginleiv (which is D), and a Dead Rising spin-off (which is also D).
Still, I find it interesting that they give the Doki Doki witch-touching games a D, but only games with excessive violence deserve the Z.
Seems that Japan tolerates sex more than violence, though it's the opposite in the U.S.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:

ESRB - Entertainment Software Rating Bureau AMERICAN ...based on Letters...frankly I think they are a bunch of dumb cunts who don't know how to rate games

C - Children
E - Everyone (replaced KA *kids to adults*)
T - Teen
M - Mature
A - Adult...even though we haven't seen one of these titles in decades...

PEGI - Pan European Game Information.....Europe....based on numbers

* 3 rating: Suitable for ages 3 and over. Contains very mild violence or suggestive themes. These include edutainment games. Similar to the ESRB's Early Childhood and the Everyone (low end) ratings and BBFC's Uc and U ratings.

* 7 rating: These games are the same as Early Childhood ratings but may include content descriptors like mild violence and in a rare case, very mild action violence. Suitable only for persons of 7 years of age and older and similar to the Everyone (high end) and the Everyone 10+ rating (low end) ratings in the ESRB and BBFC's PG (low end) rating.
* 12 rating: Suitable only for persons of over ages 12 and older. This rating contains mild action violence or suggestive themes and mildly suggestive song lyrics. Similar to the ESRB's Teen (low end) and Everyone 10+ (high end) ratings and BBFC's PG (high end) and 12 (low end) ratings.

* 16 rating: This rating is suitable only for persons of 16 years of age or older. Some situations include moderate to strong action violence, mild references to gambling, and rude humor, which makes this rating similar to the Teen (high end) and the Mature (low end) ratings from the ESRB and the 12 (high end) and 15 (low end) ratings from BBFC.

* 18 rating: This rating is suitable only for persons 18 years of age and older, and is similar to the ESRB's Adults Only and Mature (high end) ratings and BBFC's 15 or 18 rating. Graphic violence, strong sexual content, explicit references to gambling, and vulgar language (spoken and used in song lyrics) are permitted.

CERO - Computer Entertainment Rating Organization, Japan Based......Based on letters as well...broadens up ESRB's rating system a little

CERO A - Everyone (almost all typical japanese games
CERO B - Low Teen Rating (Unknown Soldier DS)
CERO C - High Teen Rating (some witch touching game we are not going to discuss
rolleyes.gif
)
CERO D - Low Mature Rating (some graphic novel Japanese story books for DS)
CERO Z - HIGH mature rating (GTA, MadWord and almost every mature english > japanese game)

after playing so many Japanese games, you can figure out their system after a while
wink.gif

THERE YOU HAVE IT!
happy.gif

the big 3 rating systems simplified
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.