Wii #1923 - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Europe)

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's funny, they advertised it as a re-envisioned version of the first one. they didn't advertise it like it was a regular silent hill game at all or even like it was going to be like the first one. that was the point. you guys must have not read much into this game... too bad. they did a fantastic job with it and taking out the combat was the best decision they could have made... helped you focus on the actual story and take a look around this beautifully remastered town... (yeah snow, so what, it's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THE OTHER SILENT HILL'S!!!) it also gave you plenty of time to search for all of the phone numbers and even catch the "secret phone guy" to get better endings...

as someone who has played every silent hill now, including homecoming, shattered memories is the only one that blew me away... (besides 1 of course.)

this game is too original and too evolutionary to be "impossible to enjoy..." the nightmare sequences are supposed to be a pain your first time through. subsequent plays through the game make it easier to enjoy, especially when things are different the second and third times around... it's like a completely different game every time you play it! (this is why i bought it)

not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers man, just trying to stick up for this game because the developers did such a fantastic job.

it's just really a shame that there is a jewel of a game here and so many people complain about it... (this isn't a fighting game and it says it right on the box) you got a great game for free. i look forward to any future "re-envisioned" silent hills...

i center because i have always done so and will continue to do so.​

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game is OK but not a regular SH game ...

@ camurso_ yes it is
wink.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game was way too easy, too boring, and too predictable. Hardly 'evolutionary'. I'd say it's one of the most disappointing games i've ever played so far. Even the story wasn't that great. The puzzles were too obvious and easy. They could have atleast made them challenging, maybe they would be if you'd had a lobotomy. The developers should have known better and removed to 'silent hill' part from the name, then maybe it would have done better.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
So... A lot of mixed opinions on this game. I've been looking forward to it. I've never played a Silent Hill game, except for a few minutes of SH4. This is going to be the first one I'm going to try to play through.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
So... A lot of mixed opinions on this game. I've been looking forward to it. I've never played a Silent Hill game, except for a few minutes of SH4. This is going to be the first one I'm going to try to play through.
Then you may actually be able to enjoy it without having any gripes with the ridiculousness of the game. Although there are quite a few flaws with the story on the part of bad writing and such. But I guess rent it or download it and see if its your thing or not.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is it with people from australia HATING this game. lol... you guys are too busy getting locked up for leaking new super mario bros wii, lol...​

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pattonfiend67 said:
what is it with people from australia HATING this game. lol... you guys are too busy getting locked up for leaking new super mario bros wii, lol...​
^lmaoooo.

I think I might try this game, looks decent actually.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pattonfiend67 said:
It's not our fault you're easily entertained by crappy childish games. But hey, good for you, i'm sure you only had difficulty with some of the puzzles, good job finally getting it done...

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Pattonfiend67 said:
antwill said:
Pattonfiend67 said:
It's not our fault you're easily entertained by crappy childish games. But hey, good for you, i'm sure you only had difficulty with some of the puzzles, good job finally getting it done...

really, i beat this game four times and had no problems... and this is the furthest thing from a childish game... the day you pay for a game, is the day your opinion counts... you obviously did not buy this one, so your opinion means nothing... GO GET HIM NINTENDO! LOL...

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
antwill said:
Pattonfiend67 said:

silent hill, kiddy game? i never saw kiddy and silent hill in the same sentence.

bear in mind i havent played this one, but i'm a silent hill fan. i'm just saving the game for my vacations, but one question, do you even like horror games?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
this doesnt have the gore factor that silent hill series was famous for, you get chased by weird block things they don't even look like monsters "polygon count please, 5" that is all

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hero-Link said:
antwill said:
Pattonfiend67 said:

silent hill, kiddy game? i never saw kiddy and silent hill in the same sentence.

bear in mind i havent played this one, but i'm a silent hill fan. i'm just saving the game for my vacations, but one question, do you even like horror games?
Sure i like horror games, and sure im a silent hill fan. Just saying that for me, this game did not live up to the hype at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot