Wii #1923 - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-3548^^

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Is this one any good? I really like the Silent Hill series, so if this one's okay I might buy it [​IMG]

3. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    its terrible, i though it would include weapons but all you have it a flashlight and a phone Q.Q

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    The story is pretty good, the whole psychological profiling the game does with you is great.. but the "combat" is faulty and very annoying.. :/

IMO it's worthy for the story, but bear in mind that it's not like any other Silent Hill game..

5. nitrostemp

Australia
    i almost smash my wiimote in rage trying to get those screamy things off my back

6. xshinox

Member xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the monsters rape you if you cant get them off of you. i thought it was funny

7. Freudian Lemur

Member Freudian Lemur GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If you pretend it's a game called Shattered Memories that's completely un-related to Silent Hill, then it's a really interesting, slightly freaky game. So it's not very "Silent Hill", but it's definitely very good .

8. fuzzyponken

Newcomer fuzzyponken Member

Sweden
    I thought it was excellent. Sort of a linear experience, though. Aren't Silent Hill games usually "open world"-ish in nature?

Nevertheless, I didn't have much of a problem with the fleeing sequences, as many people have complained about. I actually kind of enjoyed them after a while. When you learn to employ strategy and realize you actually do have time to check the map every once in a while it becomes more of a challenge in a good way and not so much a frustrating mess.

Nice adventure game with some chills here and there (no peek-a-boo horror), interesting story with some unexpected twists. The psychological profile thing is really neat and will definitely make you want to play through the game at least twice. It's actually amazing how much of a different experience it can be with very subtle changes.

Recommended.

9. Pattonfiend67

Banned Pattonfiend67 You're F'ng Out!

United States
    definitely one of the best games on the wii. loved it so much i went and bought it!

EDIT:

and by the way, please don't compare it to other silent hill games. this game was and IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT, lol. they did that ON PURPOSE to try something new...

and i have to say, they did a FANTASTIC JOB!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than silent hill homecoming... that game is disappointing...​

10. Slave

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Agreed with the Juggalo above me... Great game, went out and bought it... kick ass Silent hill... even tho the Defence system is clunky (I keep getting raped by these fucking monster and never able to kick them off my back) The game is awesome.

11. Pattonfiend67

United States

12. nitrostemp

Australia
    oh god silent hill home comeing was like a walk in the park compared to this impossible to enjoy game, instead of playing this im going to play silent hill 2 directors cut for ps2

13. Pattonfiend67

United States

14. nitrostemp

Australia
    i was playing because i though they would remake the original with better graphics yes its got a great map, you can save anytime and not be worried about getting attacked randomly. but they got lost about the way a silent hill game works puzzles + enemies + rare save points and freaky nurses

they should of said before trying to sell this game "if you enjoyed playing silent hill, this game is nothing like it and most likely un-enjoyably"

15. referencer

Member referencer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It sounds like this is another one of those cases like The Room where someone made a completely different game and they decided to pitch it under the Silent Hill name because it was somewhat creepy and Silent Hill gets the dollars.

16. nitrostemp

Australia
  17. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    This game is the same one that came out for NTSC months ago, right?

18. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    Well thats his opinion which he's entitled to, just as you're entitled to your own. But he said 'impossible to enjoy' not impossible game. And I agree with him, sure the story was good, but it wasn't scary, how can anything be scary when you know you're safe pretty much half the game? Oh and you said it yourself, the nightmare sequences are 'hella easy', how can anything be scary if its easy? I wouldn't say it was 'perfect' sure it perfectly fucked up the story from the first game and the characters though. The game is good if you go into it not thinking it will be anything like the previous games. But I would never go so far as to say it was 'perfect.'
    Oh and on an unrelated note, why do you center all your text?

19. nitrostemp

Australia
    @antwill i belive its because he types all his messages in microsoft word in which he left the setting centered on
    on another note

20. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    this box is better than NA's