Wii #1909 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars (USA)

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The online is really laggy. Tried it with a bunch of buddies who i play Street Fighter 4 with, and its not even 10% as good as that. Nintendo wifi connection fails again. Ill keep it around for shits and giggles tho.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Whats a good controller to play this with? I don't have any money for a fightstick but which is better, Classic Controller or the Gamecube Controller to get the most out of the game?

classic controller is better imo, gc pad buttons are pretty oddly sized and placed. you could always build yourself a fightstick. there's a guy who built a fightstick with sanwa parts for under $40 using a ps2 controller and a tupperware container.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Played the game against my brother and it's pretty cool and fun
biggrin.gif

It reminds me of X-men vs Street Fighter on PS1.

It also appears to be one of the few games which actually take up the full screen in 16:9 480p (most games seem to have small borders).

If that's true that they are releasing an updated japanese version, i might pick it up when it gets released for the extra content.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
OSW said:
If that's true that they are releasing an updated japanese version, i might pick it up when it gets released for the extra content.

whered u read that?

I think I read that somewhere in this topic or the other pre-release discussion topic of No more heroes 2/Tatsunoko vs capcom.

red1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok burned from imgburn at 4x and booted with neo gamma r7 cios rev 14 and still doesnt work anybody booted it up normally through DVD... need help plzz

ryoaska1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to agree with most of the people that think the fact that this version has online alone makes it better than the Japanese version. I won't say it's that hands down/black and white... for those that live in an area with a large scene for this game (arcade or have the import and a lot of friends that play at a high level) then the Japanese version can definitely be argued for. But if you're someone like me that doesn't live near and arcade and hardly knows any other people with an interest in the game, I'm more than willing to make the trade off... trade a few old characters for some new ones, tweaked balancing, (sure give up some minigames but I don't really care about that), and be able to play all different level of players online...totally worth it to me. Nothing stops me from keeping the jpn version for when I want to play some of the characters exclusive to that one though (or maybe somethign will, I have a question related to that...)

I've been out of the game as far as new releases go these days- I have a few questions. I have a U.S. NTSC wii with wiikey v1 running 1.9s and firmware 4.1u. I was told a little while back that if I upgrade to 4.2u I will lose the ability to play games from other regions. And from what I've heard, the game makes you do an update to 4.2.

Is there any way I can play the retail version of this game without losing the region free functionality of the wiikey? Or will I need to get the dl version and apply a patch to remove the update (or is it already patched to do that)? Sorry, like I said- been out of things for a while...

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah the copy I got was complete (1u-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars)......so I am not sure what dump you got, but you should check to see if the dump is complete before you commence to downloading any game off usenet.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried the game. im disappointed they removed character themes, mini games, the yatterman villains in the main menu, few other stuff. why'd they remove the mini games in favor for one mini game? licensing issues? cant be. oh well

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xshinox said:
just tried the game. im disappointed they removed character themes, mini games, the yatterman villains in the main menu, few other stuff. why'd they remove the mini games in favor for one mini game? licensing issues? cant be. oh well
There are some differences, the intro now is boring as hell..and yes, Yatterman's staff was cool on the menu, point down for the US version.

Another issue is the graphic quality of the US version.. looks like the JPN version had a bit anti-aliasing.. but now the US version looks a bit crispy/sharp than its JPN counterpart... I noticed when comparing both games, same scenario , same characters.. ( like the cherry blossoms stage +Rockman Dash against Batsu )

Where is Roll ' theme???? was a big down there.. lame!!!

Viewtiful Joe looks like a Rushed job..
blink.gif

They kept the Jap Dub for most of the game, and that 's how should be done ..with all games .. ( Tales of vesperia... why??? why???? )

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Azariel_z said:
xshinox said:
There are some differences, the intro now is boring as hell..and yes, Yatterman's staff was cool on the menu, point down for the US version.

Another issue is the graphic quality of the US version.. looks like the JPN version had a bit anti-aliasing.. but now the US version looks a bit crispy/sharp than its JPN counterpart... I noticed when comparing both games, same scenario , same characters.. ( like the cherry blossoms stage +Rockman Dash against Batsu )

Where is Roll ' theme???? was a big down there.. lame!!!

Viewtiful Joe looks like a Rushed job..
blink.gif

They kept the Jap Dub for most of the game, and that 's how should be done ..with all games .. ( Tales of vesperia... why??? why???? )
Yeah I like that they kept the Jap Dub of the characters EXCEPT Viewtiful Joe. I loved Viewtiful Joe's NA voice. I just cringe everytime the Jap VA says "Henshin a go go baby". I was hoping to here "Messing around" ever so often during a fight. But oh well. Just another added disappointment from this game. Guess I have to dust off my old copy of Viewtiful Joe to hear his Voice I guess. The online is fun atleast. Thats the ONLY thing the game has going for it. Which is sad because vs games are supposed to be packed with all kinds of fun things to do and characters to play as. LoL@ppl calling this a successor to MvC2. MvC2 STILL holds the spot as the best hardcore fighter of all time. And as far as your reference to Tales of Vesperia.....Namco is pissing me off I WANT MY TALES OF GRACES. Played the Jap version and I love AND hate the new battle system but I soon after stopped playing because I wanna know the story. With no NA release date I think it isnt gonna come here just like the 2 previous that didn't come here (Tales of Tempest and Tales of Innocence) oh and Tales of Versus.....

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silkyskeeter said:
QUOTE said:
I played Tekken, does that count too? Really enjoyed Tekken 3 back in the days.
Not even in the same league as Street Fighter.... Have you played Guilty Gear? Its more of a comparison. Or BlazeBlue (still need to try out that game)?

And to the person calling us pirates and the repliers confirming they are pirates......WE ARE NOT PIRATES.....Pirates make profit off copying and distributing copyrighted material. What we do is Share/Freeware NOTHING more NOTHING less. Thats why its not even illegal to download games. Calling us pirates would be like calling anyone that barrows a game and doesnt pay for the game a pirate, the ONLY differance is that we are doing it online and have a backup of that barrowing process.

Um, where is it not illegal to download games? I need to move to where you are at because here in the states you can expect hefty fines and some jail time if you're not lucky
tongue.gif
As for this game Im really happy that the US version is out but yeah I would like to see a mixed edition with everything from the original/non online version brought back in. Both versions of the game don't even hit nowhere near 3 gigs I'm sure a mixed, hacked version could be made.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xshinox said:

That is the first thing I noticed and dissapointed me the missing characters themes because I remember watching these cartoons in my childhood and these themes recall the old days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi