Wii #1812 - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (Europe)

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danny600kill said:
The movie looks epic, hope the game gud

You still hold out hope for a game with a deadline that can't be pushed back? As a gamer, you should know that movie tie-in games, along with licensed games in general are not made with the same amount of care or effort because they are trying to cash in on the popularity of the tie-in. When a game is about timing, a lot of corners are cut. And when the company knows they will make a certain amount of money solely based on the name, then they don't invest nearly enough in it in order to gain maximum profit. It's like a scam.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has had quite a bit of hype around it. It has WM+ support and I think Balance Board support as well as what have been described as stellar graphics.

Honestly, the entire time I heard about this movie, I was like "When did Avatar: The Last Airbender have blue aliens"? Apparently M. Night Shamalan was making an Avatar: The Last Airbender movie and I saw that preview in movies before this one.

Otherwise, I would love to try it but I don't have a WM+ or a Balance Board.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IxthusTiger said:
danny600kill said:
The movie looks epic, hope the game gud

You still hold out hope for a game with a deadline that can't be pushed back? As a gamer, you should know that movie tie-in games, along with licensed games in general are not made with the same amount of care or effort because they are trying to cash in on the popularity of the tie-in. When a game is about timing, a lot of corners are cut. And when the company knows they will make a certain amount of money solely based on the name, then they don't invest nearly enough in it in order to gain maximum profit. It's like a scam.

And you should know that is not always like this, sometimes a miracle happens and we get games like Goldeneye 007, Spiderman 2, Chronicles of Riddick.

So back to this game, anyone who already has it, how is the motion plus used in this game?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Movie? There's a movie for this game?

Anyways, i remember seeing some videos of the gameplay. It looked really nice from the videos. I just hope its still as nice while its being played. I'll give it a go when U version comes out.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenshiro84 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Otherwise, I would love to try it but I don't have a WM+ or a Balance Board.
you can still go for it since WM+ and Balance Board are only optional.

Seriously? Maybe when I either get more DVD's or my hard drive I'll give this a go, then. Rogue Trooper is higher up on my cue, though.

sasho123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm dl-ing the game, it's going to take about an hour (I really want a WM since this game really needs it)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bazildon said:
Could it be true???? A half decent movie tie-in game....blimey, its been a while.
Alas, it's not even decent. It's crap.

I just played for half an hour and this game is annoying the crap out of me.

There's the usual framerate issues, but gameplay is just pathetic. 70% of the game is "press A to jump", "press B to climb", when you go into the tall grass you automatically crouch(!) and when near to an enemy there's the "press B to do a stealth attack", then automatically attack the enemy and you have to do the old "shake wii up/down/left/right"...

At some point I was in the tall grass with three enemies, who where trying to attack me, and I was there crouching like a lunatic still able to perform stealth attacks!! Yeah right!

I didn't notice anything from the WM+, when you have to use your bow I dont have any sense of a more precise aim than with the normal wiimote.

The Wasp sequences are boring and crap. I was trying to attack some enemies with it which didn't seem to work AT ALL. I was there trying to sting the suckers like crazy but it had no effect whatsoever.

This game is far from what I expected and I feel sorry already for Cameron and his film.

I will delete this game of my HD immediately. This is the perfect example of sloppy work by the developers.

PS: The game also froze after the 30 minutes of gameplay. YAY!

Bazildon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bazildon.com
XP
Country
Oh right, usual sloppy shite then....sometimes I love being a Wii owner, if I had a different console I'd miss out on all this crap.

I've reached the point now that I'm holding out for 20 years or so and then I can pretend to my grand kids that I was such a hardcore gamer that I even played most of the worst games in history!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The famitsu review was not that great as well (if I remember correctly it was like 26/40 or something...)!

I once saw a walkthrough and the game looked at least decent and since there is the rambling about movie licensed games being crap developer at least are putting more effort in making them. As far as I heard the PS360-versions of Wolverine was at least good and with Avatar everybody should see that they actually tried to make it decent...

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
isostar said:
i have on Level 2 the crash"freez"

wiiflow r25, cfg38
cIOS14, 15, 222v3 all the same crash
hate2.gif

i confirm the game crash on level 2 but very crap game and i think bad rip or protection

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how people can say its crap after one level, which for me was actually decent. It seems like one of those games that gets better when you get more abilities.

I didn't get the same control issues as mentioned before using motion plus, thought it was pretty responsive.

My only real issues was the camera not showing me what I want and the wasp bit being something that shouldn't have made the final version.

Looking forward to a fix actually, I get the impression that this game will get better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can