Wii #1720 - Dead Space Extraction *Cut Edition* (Germany)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, this is really just for collectors, if there is no german dubb, since everything was already in german on the other pal-release... Even in game graphics like text above doors and things like that!

Great game BTW!!!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Master Mo said:
Hmm, this is really just for collectors, if there is no german dubb, since everything was already in german on the other pal-release... Even in game graphics like text above doors and things like that!

Great game BTW!!!
That's really excellent for German players. After all, importing from the UK is cheap and really easy thanks to the internet.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maikel Steneker said:
Master Mo said:

Great game BTW!!!
That's really excellent for German players. After all, importing from the UK is cheap and really easy thanks to the internet.

Dont forget the EU. If you want to buy something from the USA you have to pay taxes (after it costs more than 23€).
But Master Mo is right, its just a Collectors Edition. Or for Kids - Its cutted
biggrin.gif
but it is still rated as 18+

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no uhm

It's not so much a collector's thing - it's a choice made by the game developers when releasing the game into the German market.

The German government has some of the most strict censorship laws when it comes to video games. I'm not sure exactly what these consist of; my guess is that any character in the game who appears mutilated and resembles a human might probably have altered character designs to make it 18+ by the BJPM.

i dunno honestly, just my guess, lol

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The German government is nuts, that's all.

But it's still strange that they would release a special cut edition, when the original already has the German translation. My bet is that anyone in Germany who actually wants to play this game will simply import it. If they're old enough to play this game, they're old enough to know that they can get a not-half-assed version of the game for just a few Euros (and a few days of waiting) more.

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kosheh said:
The German government has some of the most strict censorship laws when it comes to video games.

Yeah it really sucks.
Well Germany is after USA the cuntry with the most amok runs. =/
But i think that is not the right way to just cut something.

We are always getting half of the games...
They claimed Modern Warfare 2 would be uncut... but you cant shoot the civis in the second mission.

Thats why i something have to pirate... i dont want buy shit (after cutting).

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Germany is awfully strict on what they allow in games. They're like some game... secret police, or something. You know, like some kind of police state where the slightest offense to the government gets you thrown in prison... damn it, I can't seem to think of the right word.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
referencer said:
Germany is awfully strict on what they allow in games. They're like some game... secret police, or something. You know, like some kind of police state where the slightest offense to the government gets you thrown in prison... damn it, I can't seem to think of the right word.

What you're trying to say is that Germany is a bunch of Game Nazis!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
referencer said:
Surveillance state? Clearly not as far as I expirienced...

The cut is just ridiculous. I`d rather have the game on the index and not cut like that...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The german government even tried to pass a law that'd completely ban the development and distribution of so-called "killer games", which would force developers like Crytek out of germany, effectively and sustainably ruining any fertile soil this country has left for videogame developers.

Hell, it's become completely impossible for videogame afficionados like me to buy any game in germany, thanks to the fat and ugly and constantly growing USK sticker they slap on every single videogame, even if it has no age restrictions whatsoever.
And then there's games like this or Fallout 3, which get cut beyond any recognition and like that even become significantly different in gameplay. It fucking sucks.
Oh, and german voice actors are horrible (all five of them), but that's a different story.
One last thing to mention about videogames in germany, though: They're ridiculously expensive. Like 60€ for a regular new game, that's right, 90 fucking dollars, almost twice of what many games cost in the US. But it doesn't stop there, many games are even sold for 69€, blasting the $100 barrier for one fucking game. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I bought Fallout 3 here some time ago, and it didn't take long until I figured I fucked up badly. I won't even touch this piece of shit again until it's been replaced by the proper UK version. Thanks, government, 40€ gone to waste (which still was a lot for the game when I bought it, but I didn't care at the moment, until I realized it wasn't even the real thing).
It's not even like there's any warning on the cover. You buy the game expecting it to be the real thing, but it's not. When they cut the shit out of it, I think it'd only be fair to slap a sticker just as big as the USK one on it that says "Cut version, don't waste your money on this shit and go to amazon.co.uk right now". And you don't even know how big of a trend it has become for german gamers to shop online just to evade the USK logo, which german gamers loathe, censorship and of course those way too high prices. The government is really driving the video gaming market into ruins, which is ironic considering germany is now hosting the biggest video gaming expo in the whole wide world. Is that a reason to maybe change your view on video games as something that's not just training kids to kill people? Hell no!

The fact that anyone who wants the uncut game can get it for cheaper from any of the neighboring countries in a matter of 1 day, thanks to the internet, or even quicker, thanks to software piracy (or the automobile), makes this whole german youth protection thing just laughable.
It pisses off everyone, but the fact that there just is no way for the government to enforce any of the youth protection laws is why nobody gives a shit.
This whole abolishing-civil-liberty thing that's been going on here for years makes me want to leave this country more and more, and every time some idiot goes on another shooting spree, it's like the hunting season on videogames has started. The media just keeps depicting videogames (their #1 competitor) as the sole cause of violence, until every retard believes them and it actually were the videogames, no questions asked. Before one key shooting spree, nobody would've even gotten the idea of stealing weapons and randomly shooting your school mates, but the more the media focuses on crimes like those, the more they get imitated, as it seems to those unstable shitheads like an easy way to take revenge on the people who allegedly made them miserable, and get loads of attention and to make some kind of difference. And right they are, after all, you go on a shooting spree and you're in the media for the next following months.
Naturally, the police always finds "killer games" in those kids' rooms, but isn't that what you'd almost always expect lying around in some 16 year old kids' room?
Counter Strike was such a craze here in germany, there's almost no male teenager who hasn't played it at some point. So, simply put, when it comes to video games, germany is still in the ages of witch-hunting.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Vater Unser said:
Wat.

Come on, it's not THAT bad here.
I agree with you about the USK-logo and it's ridiculous measurings, but after all you can simply print out a AT-version cover for those games.
And few games which are only sold to those who've reached full age in Europe are rated as "16" or even "12" in Germany. (e.g. Assassins Creed)

And the 70€ argument: In america you get 1 gallone of gasoline for ~$2,66 while we pay ~1,30€ (~$2) for 1 Liter, which is after all less than a quarter gallone.
In America simply everything is cheaper
frown.gif

And in the rest of Europe you'd also pay 60-70€ for a brandnew game, with exception of UK because the pound sterling is kinda weak and amazon.co.uk cheap atm.

But the censorship-stuff is some fucked up shit, and I'd like the government to give the PEGI-System, without any regulation from the German govt itself, to us
frown.gif

But I think that'll happen in TwothousandandNEVER.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...