wacko.gif

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Pal with a 5.1E? Wow, time traveller!

Game is ace. scrubs and trims down to 636mb. I can't get past that General dude though. How the hell do you kill him?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. Gonna be lovin' this game. Too bad I got too much things to take care of to even have time to play at the moment.

anark-e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just can't seem to get this running.

System Menu 4.1U
USBLoader GX Rev814

I've tried both IOS222 Rev4 and IOS249 Rev13, and I've tried messing with the settings that usually convince games to work for me (VIDTV Patch and Patch Country Strings). I get a black screen every time.

I'll also note that I've never used Hermes before this, so maybe I've got that set up wrong. Should I have installed IOS223 instead instead of IOS222?

Any suggestions? Settings that are working for other people? I feel like I must be missing something really obvious since no one else seems to be complaining about the game not working.

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anark-e said:
I just can't seem to get this running.

System Menu 4.1U
USBLoader GX Rev814

I've tried both IOS222 Rev4 and IOS249 Rev13, and I've tried messing with the settings that usually convince games to work for me (VIDTV Patch and Patch Country Strings). I get a black screen every time.

I'll also note that I've never used Hermes before this, so maybe I've got that set up wrong. Should I have installed IOS223 instead instead of IOS222?

Any suggestions? Settings that are working for other people? I feel like I must be missing something really obvious since no one else seems to be complaining about the game not working.

Try IOS249 Rev 14

Posts merged

QUOTE(jediyoshi @ Oct 28 2009, 11:33 PM) How playable is it to us English folk? The voices still in english like the first one?

Everything is in Japanese, but it is still playable. It's an on rails shooter, just press buttons and see what happens and you'll get the hang of it.

anark-e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grubbymitts said:
Try IOS249 Rev 14
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, after installing IOS249 Rev 14 and spending a little time changing settings around again, I still can't get the game to load. Black screen every time.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the can't read disc error too. My burn settings: 4x, medium is Verbatim inkjet printable DVD-r 16x. I've been using these discs and burn setting to burn over 100 dvd-rs (Wii and Gamecube) and everything has worked except Ghostbusters and Pacific Liberator, but in those cases the disc was recognized the game just froze at some point. This one doesn't even come up in the disc channel.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jediyoshi said:
How playable is it to us English folk? The voices still in english like the first one?
No English voices or text. Menus are in English though and I managed to finish the game without knowing what the generic storyline was. Just shoot stuff until it goes away.

anark-e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my problem, and actually just wanted to post in case anyone else is having the same issue I was. Apparently for me specifically it was just a bad copy of the game. I deleted it from my hard drive, downloaded from a different location, reinstalled it onto my WBFS partition, and tried again. This time the game worked perfectly.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hate how nobody talks ABOUT the games anymore. The topics are filled with "does the game work with USB Loader mega whatever?" "what IOS do i need to play this?" "i can't get this to work in 4.29E CIOS 2323432, help"

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard some reports that keeping the update partition is needed to get this to boot. I've had no problem stripping extra partitions and running it in Configurable USB Loader r46.

Remote+Nunchuk is the way this series was meant to be played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson