Wii #1558 - Dead Space Extraction (Europe)

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hadrian said:
I got the impression that it was originally a 3rd person game but they changed it to on rails mid way through development not fussed either way, a fun game is a fun game regardless of whether you control the player or not.

I had the exact same feeling especially since the engine seems to run very good and the graphics are pretty nice (for a Wii of course).
I guess we will see more with the same engine.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuzzyponken said:
Satangel said:
Hadrian said:
Its a little over 4 gig scrubbed.

Fuck! That way I'll probably never get it :'(.
I would love to have it though, loved (and still loving) the original Dead Space on the PC.

I'll probably get to play it in 2 months or so....
Can't you just buy it? If you're that anxious to play I mean...
What, aren't poor people allowed to be anxious too?
laugh.gif

sord_id

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works like a charm on NTSC system with conf usb loader and rev14
biggrin.gif
this is the best on-rails shooter on wii and probably one of the best games to hit the console this year!! the graphics are so good that u must see it to believe it's on wii !

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
wow they did a great job on this. yes its on rails but the story and way it plays is pretty good. 1st person camera feels quite invloving. superb graphics and lighting. by far the best on wii so far. A+

only critiscism is the camera shake is too much for my liking on default. i turned it down one notch and much better. overall i think this is gona be a big seller. the production values are very high
smile.gif

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is anyone else having problems with audio?
Regardless what level setting under audio options, there is absolutely no sound during gameplay.
Started with Neogamma R7 and WiiFlow, tried different languages, only silence...

Graphics look interesting though...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrappy said:
Regardless what level setting under audio options, there is absolutely no sound during gameplay.
Started with Neogamma R7 and WiiFlow, tried different languages, only silence...

Disc or HDD?

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HDD, tried the wiierd release...

Audio works in intro, complete silence in gameplay.
Already deleted gamesaves and profiles and started all over , no change.

Tried cios 223, uloader, different archive of the wiierd release, no ingame-audio.
Guess i´ll let it pass then.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrappy said:
HDD, tried the wiierd release...
I play it via Uloader and I have no problems at all. I occasionally had sound issues with Rev14 but on Rev13b I get none on the same games.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
scrappy said:

nope running fine for me. Coverfloader (latest version), Rev14 off HDD.

Wello

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into a bit of a problem.

On Chapter 7 (Normal Difficulty) the game gets stuck after the girl leaves the room and fights some more enemies (she looks at a ripper upgrade) I can grab it or not it will just sit there and let me move my cursor and shoot guns as much as I want. But the game does not move. I am not sure if the game just gets stuck or if I may need to do something.
Any help will be appreciated

EDIT: Nevermind I got it to work, Unsure if it's just the difficulty that caused the problem or if I had to let a certain enemy grab me

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
^I had a similar situation when I collected a new weapon, I was selecting a slot to drop it into when the game came to a section that required the plasma cutter and just *sat* there... Ended up having to restart the level. I could be wrong but I think it's close to the end of chapter 3 or 4 - it's immediately after the first time in the game that you get to select which route you take. I went down the ladder, grabbed a weapon then >splat<

Still a very very impressive game for the little ol' Wii though
smile.gif

scrappy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Found the reason for the no audio problem, Language has to be set to console default.
Now the sound works, but i cannot change to english menue and subtitles - sigh- .

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's the first on-Rail FPS I'm playing since Time crisis 1, and I might say WOAHH !
It so much more living, and feeling like a real first person vision
ph34r.gif
, with no static screen at all.

I did the 2 first stages, and re-did the first one to pick forgotten items after I understood how to play better. It's nice how upgrades are working, just replay previous stages to unlock them.
Great game so far.

I really like the comics bonus too
smile.gif

Edit :
No sound issue for me, cIOS14, GX, 002 manually patched, console default (french).

Edit 2 : 2nd Player coop not working either
frown.gif
tested in story and shooting mode.

pinesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get 2 players to work? I only see one pointer on the screen? Do you get the second player later?

Cepe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My game freezes while opening a door after going down with the elevator from the ships bridge in episode 9. The loading bar on the door wont finish. I can move the cursor around though and shoot. Overall, the game has frozen on me on other episodes too. Also, after leaving the vent in episode 9 the rooms have turned pitch black once and the only thing I could see was the laser beams. Is it a bad dump or should I try to burn it again on another speed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to