Wii #1397 - Wii Sports Resort (Japan)

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i have a japanese wii and when i run this from the disc channel it asks for an update, but running through neogamma allows me to view the really bad opening video. but now i can run it through the usb loader after watching the video. so it makes it easier. i guess what you need is to someone to post their saved game for this.

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Working on Pal Wii Firmware 3.4E with wiikey 2,Wii Motion Plus and Gecko Os 1.9.1. Brickblocked The disk and burned with nero at 8x Working Perfect. Game is in Jap with no option for English. Did try loading game strait though disc channel with no Gecko Os but it just loads a black screen and you have to reboot the wii but if you go through Gecko os 1.9.1 it will work perfect.Still trying to work out the menus as there all in jap lol.

The Games itsself is brill i think really enjoyed most of the games that are on there water sking and archery being the better ones i think with sword fighting aswell. still aint got the hang of the basket ball and the frisby thing im just rubbish at. not sure about the sky diving thing i dont get what you have to do. the bikeing game is good fun and uses the contols well. i havent tryied the golf yet. but the bowling is good just like wii sports but with a little more control over the ball. all in all i think its a really good game that makes very good use of the new motion plus device. looking forward to more motion plus games.

hope this helps some people out.

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
US Wii with wiikey that hasnt been played with in a long time so I totally havent been up to date with any Homebrew Channel cios or whatever business.

I think I'm at 3.2u, I guess my roomate played Mad World so that was the last game that might have updated the system.

I brickblocked, regionfriid, burned, and played without a problem.

as for gameplay, i guess im a little dissapointed. Yeah this is what it should have been all along, but its still not perfect. if you flail too strongly during sword fighting it will mess up the calibration and holding the remote straight forward will make it wrap around your head or do all kinds of strange stuff.

nevertheless, sword fighting was still really fun, and archery was good too, although the controls arent too smooth/intuitive. Table Tennis was really good, and thats about all I played tonight. I'll give it another try tomorrow. Oh and I thought people were saying that frisbee was great but I thought it was terrible. maybe im not playing it right thought since I cant read the directions. and basketball sucked too. those two both just felt like regular crappy wii mini games.

Yeah, i reckon this game has at least a few solid days of play before the wii goes back to gathering dust.

It will be interesting to see what else makes use of the Wii M+ addon though.

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i dont have words to tell you guys how good this game is.

its the ultimate casual game.

i played with friends and it was a fucking blast...

there´s this frisbee-golf mode that its awesome.

cant wait to play with more friends and beer.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried this game today and I have to say I've had a lot of fun with it like the day I got Wii Sports.
Just with alot more to do and more quality.
Its still a minigame mash up but its not too bad for fifty bucks considering you get the Motion plus.

I've yet to try it in forced english mode and have been running it off a burned disc.
I have a common problem with some games kinda locking up as it hangs during the intial disc loading before the health and warning "don't hit your friends" screens. Usually I just wait a moment to make sure that it might be locking up, then eject the game nad pop it in again. If it asks for the disc back then it'll work when I put the disc back in.
Fhost Busters does this to me too and one other game I forget.

You are forced to have the motion plus add-ons wich suck but the game uses them well atleast.

I havent played everything but I enjoy the sword fighting alot as I do some real life practice with my wooden training sword.
Though I've found that I tend to use the add-on too hard at times and it often glitchs up. Forcing me to pause the game and take a small break to recalibrate it.
This is minor though as the sword fighting can be rather fun and I can use real techniques in the game a bit. Though only minor power is needed to hit the oppenents/objects.
Also Blocking with the B button kinda works though would have been nice for it to auto detect it, but auto detection is only good when its as perfect as it can get.

I bought a motion plus Add-on just so I could try some of the games and maybe mess with glovepie if it ever supports it. Thinking I could just try some games and see if its really as good as Nintendo brags about.

Also I seemed to have skipped any Motion plus tutorial video blocking by viewing it in Virtua Tennis 2k9 which had no problems with the video on a backup disc.
Though I can say the video is a horrible enforcment of basic common sense.
"Der, round peg goes in round hole? No wah!"
As torture as it was I guess it was worth watching. It wouldn't let me exit it either.
Anyone think theres hidden messeges hypnotizing us in that video?
I coulda sworn it was telling me to buy a Wii Toaster.... hmmm...

I think the game has sold itself for me.
I'm impressed enough and real sword fighting on the Wii would be a fun quick game to play.
I think I may buy the game when I have the cash for a second Motion Plus then I'll be done buying new add-on crap for awhile.

At least untill they make a Wii HMD (Head Mounted Display)
Man I'd so love one of those. Expensive, but fun. Sure wish VR stuff didn't die off so fast in the ninties.

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone out there with Japanese skills able to let me know how to change settings?
My player keeps coming up as a leftie and I am right handed, not too much of a handicap with some of the games but with other such as golf the only way I can hit the ball is by moving my arm forward (backswing) then swinging backwards to hit the ball.
I know this should be simple to fix but can't find the way to do it.

twonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kingofsnake said:
Anyone out there with Japanese skills able to let me know how to change settings?
My player keeps coming up as a leftie and I am right handed, not too much of a handicap with some of the games but with other such as golf the only way I can hit the ball is by moving my arm forward (backswing) then swinging backwards to hit the ball.

I think you can choose left or right handedness directly after you choose your Mii. So, when you choose the game from the menu, take the option to change your Mii. Choose the same Mii and then it offers two square boxes one for left handedness, and the other for right handedness.

smurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rustybanana said:
Yeah, Sadly the game starts with the motion+ tutorial/explanation video so no USB loader for the time being
frown.gif

EDIT: Just tried it again with USBLoaderGX with the wii sports resort game settings as:

Video Mode: Disk default
VIDTV Patch : Off
Game Language: Japanese
Ocarina: Off
IOS: 249
Parental control: 0
Error 002 fix: ON
Patch coutry settings: OFF
Alternate DOL: OFF
Block IOS Reload: ON

And its loading fine! Do you think booting it from my flatmii 1st has made a save file telling the wii its already been watched? If thats the case then an alternate .dol should fix the problem.
Tried same settings but it doesn't run... maybe we need a new cIOS that fixes all these problems with wiimotion+ videos

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
twonk said:
kingofsnake said:

I think you can choose left or right handedness directly after you choose your Mii. So, when you choose the game from the menu, take the option to change your Mii. Choose the same Mii and then it offers two square boxes one for left handedness, and the other for right handedness.
Yup, or it's the last one, just before starting the game.

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bleh nasty M+ add-on should have been in my wii mote since the beginning.
Now we have to buy this piece of shit m+, and if i wanna play with more players i need to buy more m+'s
just to see a whole new wiimote in a year with this shit built in..

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twonk said:
kingofsnake said:

Thank You, Me Stoopid

mrMuppet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lilsypha said:
- The game works fine on PAL/NTSC.

Did it work in PAL mode? Or only in NTSC mode on an PAL-Wii? tried vmc and wglp without success. Runs only in NTSC mode on my PAL-machine.

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
works with gecko os 1.9.1, wiikey and custom 4.0e.
you can get the latest gecko os as a channel, i found it via youtube with a mu link

older gecko os gives a blue screen 002 error.

you can also get it to work from the disc channel by forcing the disc region (start patch) but then some pal games stop working from the disc channel, like resident evil. hope this helps

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this game is soo awsome! sword fighting is the best! the mode where you attack a swarm of miis is so fun! most of the minigames are boring/pointless though. canoeing is boring and its not even close to 1:1 (don't know what they were trying to show off in the game). imo 8/12 of the minigames suck or youll only have fun for a few minutes. my favorites are sword fighting and archery. previews say that table tennis is really awsome, but im not liking it...yet. i only have one motionplus right now so playing against computer is boring (thats why online would have been nice! people say that it doesn't need it since its a game meant to have someone there, but seriously its not gonna hurt if its in. everyone benefits!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: