Fail. Not PAL
frown.gif

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
BTW, the game seems to have 5 languages (well 6 if there's a different between US/American English and UK/British English). There's English, Spanish, French, Dutch and Italian.

I was only able to get English, Spanish and French on my NTSC Wii and it was interesting to hear Klonoa and the cast speak in Spanish and French. XD
edit: wow so they really did give him a english voice. still, nothing can beat the original voice of Klonoa (japanese).

WAH WHO! ftw

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn good remake from what I played of the import version. I remember back in the day getting almost 100% in the psx version, only to be slammed by the final few levels. Can't wait to try it again. Will be playing with the "Klonoa" (???) language, if its there.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. I dont have problem with any back up games until this game. The message:

Error #002
An error has occured.
Press the Eject Button, remove the
Game Disc, and turn off the power to
the console.
Please read the Wii Operations Manual
for further instruction.

whats going on ? oO

Look at my signature below.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a problem with this game. When i try to launch the game from the disc channel i just get a black screen, if i try to launch the game from the backup launcher it doesn't work, but if i set it to force pal60 it works for some strange reason. Anyone know why?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
knoxvillz said:
I have a problem with this game. When i try to launch the game from the disc channel i just get a black screen, if i try to launch the game from the backup launcher it doesn't work, but if i set it to force pal60 it works for some strange reason. Anyone know why?

You should probably try to boot it with Gecko OS, that will work too.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
oh god the english voices are horrible. klonoa sounds like... sonic.. almost. urgh!
how difficult do peeps here think it would be to rip the japanese voices out of the japanese game and insert them into this version. that would be awesome if we could do that. i don't think i can stand to listen to these voices as they are.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldnt say sonic. they just gave him a deep voice even though hes a kid who hasnt gone through puberty yet.

if you cant stand the english voices, you can either try to swap it for the japanese one if you know how or use Phantomile voices

JasGeo

Trophies
XP
Country
fwiw remembering my wii abilities are severely limited, to be dragged out a couple of times a year when my son can't get a game to run, I finally got the scrubbed version of Klonoa US to work on my son's PAL console which has wiikey 1.9, 3.4e and geckoloader, by using a brick blocked image and the disc channel.
As I said my wii knowledge is minuscule and I thought a scrubbed image would have updates removed and blocked so it surprised me that this worked.
The disc channel wanted to update my console something I have an aversion to as it is an ntsc game and a pal console, since a memorable 'half bricking' caused by doing exactly that many moons ago. The loader gave me the dreaded #002 blue screen which is another unappealing wii initiative. Probably means the console believes it needs some ios or another but I haven't indulged in much firmware or ios butchery on this console ( I reserve that for the wiis of unwitting grown-ups far less likely to break down into annoying sobs when their prized gaming console ceases functioning and anyway why don't they themselves, trawl through the screeds of garbage littered with occasional gems that is needed to uncover how to make your wii play a new non local game?), so I am somewhat surprised at the error.

NTSC Wolverine did the same (in disc channel wanted to update and gecko #002) so it is pretty apparent that some dashed piece of nintendo coding or another is not in attendance. The fact that the game works off a mod chip without the update shows just how superfluous the thing must be.
I haven't tried to load the game with gecko yet because this worked and afaik there is nothing done by brick-blocking that could prevent the #002 error which I got with gecko even after trying the pal60 force recommended here by someone.

I hafta say that my days of continuously meddling with the console files are at an end. It strikes me that what with all of the updating and down dating going on along with about a zillion different loaders cIOS's and other homebrew tools plus wii's own continuous official updating it has become really difficult to know exactly what state your console is in.
Witness the range of different outcomes peeps are getting from one game here in this thread.

It is far too late for me to start proper documentation now but if I had known that myriad different hacks cracks and dates were gonna be used I would have kept a proper record from the outset.
Is there any prog that will tell an ignoramus exactly what has been loaded into their wii?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game is a lot of fun so far. I force myself to get all of the musicians in each level, because missing one would make me feel bad. Also, I am liking the english voice acting so far. I think the voices fit the roles quite nicely. I personally don't see anything wrong with them.
What I really enjoy is the realized world that they created in this game. I have Klonoa 2 on my shelf, and have yet to play it. After playing this, I really want to try it out now.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stitch said:
I've installed it on my USB stick, forced PAL60 and it works on my PAL Wii

Yeah, I can confirm that it works if you use forced PAL60. If I try to run it normally, I get a green screen.

luka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RedHero said:
Stitch said:
I've installed it on my USB stick, forced PAL60 and it works on my PAL Wii

Yeah, I can confirm that it works if you use forced PAL60. If I try to run it normally, I get a green screen.
i try pal 60 and wii say the disc could not be read read manual etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...