Wii #1248 - MadWorld (Europe)

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so does anyone know where you can get a list of people who dubbed the game? i'm talking about the announcer... i know in the english version they are dubbed by greg proops and john dimaggio but anyone know's who dubbed them in other language?

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so which one has the best gfx on my normal tv (no lcd, it's like a crt?)
the pal one of the ntscu one?
i have a pal wii, but i can play it with gecko os np

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I need help, when I put the disc (002 fix and BB) in my Wii it wait a few seconds and the wii menu turns black with an error message.
Anyone knows what to do?

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Zalda said:

PAL has better gfx, it's more clear and you can read easier. NTSC version is super-blured and is very hard to read in-game messages!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Disco said:
Zalda said:

PAL has better gfx, it's more clear and you can read easier. NTSC version is super-blured and is very hard to read in-game messages!

Ah thanks, I wanted to know that too.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just played an hour with the PAL version: you guys must have an anal fixation on resolutions because 576i looks great and the OMFG BLACK BARS on top/bottom are like a cm (half an inch for you primitives non-metric) thick. Sure I've got a 32'', but c'mon. You want fullHD, go get a PS3...

BTW, the game is clearly repetitive even after a single hour of play, but it's great fun -- i don't mind wasting time like this
smile.gif

ShADyX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe on your console/tv setup but on mine the bars are massive.

basically i have a 16:9 image in the center of my 4:3 tv screen. i havent tried it on my 16:9 projector yet (to see if perhaps its just an aspect ratio thing) but i'm not really interested in seeing how ugly the wii gfx are on that.

i guess i'll just grab the ntsc version and run 480i and try it again on the projector. game seems pretty cool otherwise

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah sure, it looks like it doesn't support 4:3, so if you've got such a TV it's bound to have big bars. But then again, so do most movies, right? I wouldn't worry too much.

If you have a projector go ahead and try it on that, other people already said that the pal version is crisper than the US one - I bet it'll look good... madworld has such peculiar graphics that it's hard to judge in advance how it'll look.

orangejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running the PAL version on a PAL Wii with WiiKey v1 1.9s. I get black bars on the top and bottom of the screen that are about an inch or so big. I'm using a 36" CRT, but can just change the resolution settings on the tv to stretch it to fill the screen. Unless it's meant to be in super wide screen rather than normal widescreen (21:9 rather than 16:9)? Either way, it's hardly any hassle to press a couple of buttons on the remote to get the full screen and then chop some people up!!

rolleyes.gif

The Mole

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL Wii with Wiikey 1.9 and firmware 3.2E.

I burnt the PAL Madworld game after removing the update and it did not work (Black screen). Do i need to manually install something? Or can i just let the unpatched neat ISO do all that? Its not going to play havock with my homebrew channel/modchip is it?

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well i've a wiikey v1, system 3.1 and a pal wii..I've installed the three ios IOS38, IOS53 and IOS55 but the game loaded from the disc channel gives me an error (i've removed previously the error 001 and 002)..is there another ios, probably contained on update 3.2 that i must install?

thanks in advance for any help...
rolleyes.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like vv_ said, you don't need to install any IOS at all : (or maybe yes, you need at least 3.2E)
vv_ said:
I use a Pal Wii 3.2E with an old D2CKey.

I've brickblocked the iso.
I've used IOS Patcher to force IOS36 in the tmd.bin (instead IOS53).
I've used GWP to remove error #002 in the main.dol.
From the disk channel, the game works fine in 60 Hz (480i), with a 16/9 display on a 4/3 letter box TV (full french language for texts and audio).

I'm on Wiikey1 1.9s, 3.2E, no starfall or preloader.
- removed the update partition with WUM
- patched the tmd with IOSpatcher to make the game run on IOS36 instead of the one provided on the install partition (so I don't need the update, nor the new IOS)
- patched main.dol for error 002 with GWP, and replaced it with Truchasign
- tried to patch a video mode I don't use (MPAL) to PAL60 480p with VMC (video mode changer).
The game runs fine in game channel, no black screen, but no 480p available. I didn't try to patch all the video mode to 480p, but I think it will do nothing good.

Thank you for the hint vv_
smile.gif

ralph9994 said:
i dont get it: MULTI6? im dutch so i wanna know.
Your answer is on page 2, you could have read before asking, like I did -_^
QUOTE(vv_ @ Mar 15 2009, 12:36 PM)
English, French, Italian and Spanish - Full native language for texts and audio.
German and Dutch - English language for texts and audio.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok have let the update on the disc do its thing, and now can play the game (no more black screen), but can i now load the US version of the game without it asking for the update anymore?? As id rather play a full screen version of the game, @ 60hz

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I tested and confirmed that you can also use IOS30 to run the game. That means that:

I've brickblocked the iso.
I've used IOS Patcher to force IOS30 in the tmd.bin (instead IOS53).
I've used GWP to remove error #002 in the main.dol.

The game works just fine but with huge black bars on every side of my 40'' widescreen TV.

Pal Wii 3.2E with wiikey v1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1