M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ganons said:
are all the resi games getting ported to wii?
I think only RE0 and RE1 were confirmed for Japan, and RE4 for the whole world. The other ones might be ported as well, but Capcom doesn't have any plans to release them outside of Japan. Which is a shame, because I'd still buy these games. I've never played them, so I'd gladly pay a reasonable price for them on the Wii.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I doubt the others will be ported as it would require the type of remake that the original had for the Gamecube. If I were Capcom, I would add the RE4 controls to the others and remake them like that as it has proven to work.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd doubt that they would port the other three games...perhaps maybe Code Veronica but it would be a major rip off if they released 2 & 3 again unless they were enhanced too and to be honest these were just cheeply made titles that are to make a quick buck, I hate to say the word "shovelware" when it comes to Capcom but this is pretty much what they are even though they are great games.

Only Capcom Japan have interest in these, Capcom Europe & USA are pretty much against them so don't expect to see these localise.

Maybe we'll see RE2 on VC one day.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
xcdjy said:
Why is it always Japan? Well don't answer that, I know why, but man they're lucky schmucks.
They sure are lucky. They even got RE4 ported to the mobile for them.
Yeah they're so lucky to get a classic game ruined on a mobile.

If you want RE 1 & 0 just buy the GC versions, the same games and they're pretty cheap enough anyway.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tatumanu said:
Are the controls on this one similar to the resident evil 4 wii version?
No the game is pretty much the same as the GC release which was the same as the PSX one but pretty. Like the 0 port it will have the odd bit of "waggle" but all round it'll play the same as the PSX game.

Same outdated controls sadly, now I would actually pay for this if Capcom fixed them.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Tank control rules;-) I'm fan of the old RE games, but I also love RE4 Wii edition, all other versions just suck compared to Wii Edition!

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian Uranium said:
Edgedancer said:
xcdjy said:
Why is it always Japan? Well don't answer that, I know why, but man they're lucky schmucks.
They sure are lucky. They even got RE4 ported to the mobile for them.
Yeah they're so lucky to get a classic game ruined on a mobile.

If you want RE 1 & 0 just buy the GC versions, the same games and they're pretty cheap enough anyway.
But it is the effort that counts.

masdeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does all the menu are in english?

thanks
smile.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they redid Veronica with RE4 controls, I'd buy it yesterday. If they redid the other ones with the same controls, I'd highly consider scooping them too (some of them for the second or third time)

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't be silly, guys.
To give RE4 controls to this game would mean to radically change it and reprogram it from scratch, as there would be involved a whole new camera angle and everything would have to be redone.
I'd never consider a change of perspective for these games, I like the 3rd person view and the fixed camera angles, it actually adds suspense by not knowing what lurks around the corner .
What they should do is simply give it some IR aiming capability like Tomb Raider Anniversary for example.
Like this you don't have to change a thing, you keep everything as it is but get rid of the thank feeling.
Walk around with the analog, and just point the gun/turn direction wherever you are pointing with the wii remote.
It worked for Alien Syndrome and TR, it should be fairly easy, quick and realistic to implement, and I would definitely pick them up if they did it.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I tried this and, first I needed to set my wii to 50hz an then 1/3 of my screen i just black and the game screen is kinda squished...al txt is ini jap so don't bother(my wii is 3.2E).

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really hate this wii control as, the up is actually for the character to go foward, vice versa
as a result, you always find frustrated try to direct your character
i would prefer the analogue actually correspond to the same direction as what you seen, this is not 3d game anyway, so up for moving forward doesn't work well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...