Wii #0788 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (USA)

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damned, why this and not Mario Sluggers
hate2.gif

gixxermenace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to be fair 2007 and 2008 usa tiger woods worked on PAL as well

going to carry on downloading this usa one as ngindex does not have the pal one yet

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got it to work on Pal, then noticed the actual PAL release was up...... Oh well, never mind - whats a bit of wasted bandwidth and a cheapo DVDr lol

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
rambozotheclown said:
Got it to work on Pal, then noticed the actual PAL release was up...... Oh well, never mind - whats a bit of wasted bandwidth and a cheapo DVDr lol

Past EA games have used a different server for the NTSC and PAL releases so it was handy to have both. When there wasn't anyone on Madden, you could load up the USA disk and play against the Yanks.

MOH2 was good for that, the UK servers would quieten down after midnight but load up the NTSC version and there was 1000 people online.

I'm not sure if they are using different servers for this mind, haven't tried it yet.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a go on this last night, an unranked online game, and I could only be Tiger Woods, there were arrows to choose a different golfer but they were shaded out so unusable, was this because it was unranked? There was no voting on a course, we played at Sun City.

I also have a big white bar at the bottom the screen all the time, I wonder if this is because it's a ntsc game on a pal machine. I think I'll get the PAL version to test this.

It's a good game. Online was great. You see the other player(s) you're playing against in real time as coloured arcs zipping about and if you hole out before the other players do you can spectate the rest of the hole using a camera that zooms about. 30 second to take a shot too which is cool. It also tells you how many strokes they've taken during a hole or whether they've birdied or whatever so you always know what the score is. I'm impressed.

gixxermenace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i had a few mins on it last night and it looks really good, the graphics are impressive and you can tell some effort has been put into the menus and the swing mechanics seem to work so far (although i do keep hitting it too far)

raypou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sweet, just downloaded this, have been looking forward to it for a while. now i just need a new TV for my new apt and i'll be all set! this game may be one i buy if its got good swing mechanics compared to the other ones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: need to have official info from N