Wii #0711 - Okami (Europe)

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, awesome. That means my Amazon order should drop in in the next days.

Did they get rid of the IGN background on the boxart, btw? XD

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh, yeees! been waiting for this
smile.gif

I'll be busy the rest of the week :3
never tried the PS2 version, this will probably be atleast somewhat awesome :3

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yes, in UK lots of stores complained about the IGN watermark, especially HMV, and now if you preordered or you have the IGN cover, you can take it back and exchange for the one above. I think there is also extra artwork included.

I finished the game on PS2 and it's probably one of my favourite games, very original and very long (around 40hrs), lot's of cultural references and awesome design.
Aramatsu FTW and for Brawl! Would fit perfectly!

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
You lot need a crash course in getting ntsc games working on pal. It's as easy as slipping in the freeloader disk.

But if you've been waiting for this game a while, you won't be disappointed, it's a true classic. I still haven't finished it, well I thought I had about three times but it just keeps on going.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Pikachu025 said:
^ I prefer not having to swap discs all the time, thanks.

you don't have to swap the disc with the usa version, it boots directly.
I always wait for PAL games in the hopes that they have English as opposed to American. I also feel dirty using them anyway.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hardcore Gamer said:
You lot need a crash course in getting ntsc games working on pal. It's as easy as slipping in the freeloader disk.

But if you've been waiting for this game a while, you won't be disappointed, it's a true classic. I still haven't finished it, well I thought I had about three times but it just keeps on going.
Not all tv's can output the NTSC signal in color though. The tv downstairs for example (the one my wii's usually hooked up to), gives me black and white output. Then there are also people with tv's who can't even output NTSC. Not everyone has a shiney newish television.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope people I know and never played it on PS2 will like it regardless of the fighting lag with the Wiimote.
It's a little annoying to wait the good time to attack again, but it's a very good game to play and know. One of my favorite
smile.gif

Edit : anyone know the difference with the "LCD" in-game option ?
I didn't find anything different in the rendering process.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Pikachu025 said:
^ I prefer not having to swap discs all the time, thanks.

you don't have to swap the disc with the usa version, it boots directly.

That's true but it has an update and the freeloader stops that. You can remove the update though if you so wish.

QUOTE(MAD_BOY @ Jun 11 2008, 11:11 AM)
Not all tv's can output the NTSC signal in color though. The tv downstairs for example (the one my wii's usually hooked up to), gives me black and white output. Then there are also people with tv's who can't even output NTSC. Not everyone has a shiney newish television.

My portable TV in the bedroom gave up a few months ago, the local rubbish dump shuts at 8pm so I popped in and picked a portable up from there and it worked for NTSC games, it's hardly shiny and new. These people must have some old TV's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@