Wii #0642 - Okami (USA)

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
was a great game on ps2, despite the wonky drawing controls with an analog stick...looking forward to wagging my wiimote with this one

GREAT STORY! Beautiful Graphics....Well worth $40.

grant666uk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I am off for a nighshift. Should be up on Easynews by the time I get home in the morning. I have never got or used freeloader on my chipped Wii. Might have to give it a try if this does not work on pal.

mousan

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
is there french language in the us release ?? or is it only english
rolleyes.gif

johny69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thebobevil said:
johny69 said:
cyr0x said:
johny69 said:
So I hope it works on PAL so I can give it a try
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Freeloader ... Gonna get this game tonight, whee.

Well to be honest I don't think there is any difference between Freeloader and a chipped Wii which can change the region bit on the fly. The Freloader must do the same thing for people that just don't have chipped Wii's. So if it doesn't play on a Chipped Wii it won't play with Freeloader also. Correct me if I'm wrong
tongue.gif

FreeLoader, if used with a chiiped Wii, stops the double channels ... it basically blocks updates.

And, on an unchipped Wii, it makes the Wii temporarily region-free, and sorts out the updates.

So to recap. Aside the double channel feature is there a game of a different region then the one that the console is that will work with the freeloader and not with out it (on a chipped Wii)? More simple version
tongue.gif
Is there any difference between the region auto patching of chips and the Freeloader?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
johny69 said:
thebobevil said:
johny69 said:
cyr0x said:
johny69 said:
So I hope it works on PAL so I can give it a try
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Freeloader ... Gonna get this game tonight, whee.

Well to be honest I don't think there is any difference between Freeloader and a chipped Wii which can change the region bit on the fly. The Freloader must do the same thing for people that just don't have chipped Wii's. So if it doesn't play on a Chipped Wii it won't play with Freeloader also. Correct me if I'm wrong
tongue.gif

FreeLoader, if used with a chiiped Wii, stops the double channels ... it basically blocks updates.

And, on an unchipped Wii, it makes the Wii temporarily region-free, and sorts out the updates.

So to recap. Aside the double channel feature is there a game of a different region then the one that the console is that will work with the freeloader and not with out it (on a chipped Wii)? More simple version
tongue.gif
Is there any difference between the region auto patching of chips and the Freeloader?

Some games are less likely to have issues if you freeloader them, than if you regionfrii/brickblock them.

for instance, with Trauma Centre : New Blood , and Metroid 3, people experience fewer issues if they do a straight burn and use freeloader, than if they patch the ISO, then burn it.

Or, so I have noticed, from posts on various sites.

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mad.gif
So many releases, but still no sign of the Milestone Shooting Collection, which was released 4 days ago.
Well, Okami is at least good fun to kill the time.
But man, i absolutely can't wait for the MSC (aka Karous Wii).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
even if it don't work on pal we can patch it with that program anyway so no probs.

edit: it seems the Wii opera channel has been dumped too but it's not listed here yet, you can't do much with it as it needs that wad thingy.

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
Downloading right now.
I'm extremely hyped about this game, been wanting to play it ever since it was released on the PS2
wub.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Scoobos said:
I don't often post on these - but for the love of god BUY THIS GAME.

It's a massive insult to the state of the gaming industry, that companies like Clover have to fold due to low sales.
That's exactly how I felt with Zack and Wiki. The game was just too enjoyable to be so unknown and undersold. Not that Capcom is going under for releasing ZW, but the piss poor sales could easily shy them away from releasing ZWII - and that would be a shame. This game, I've never played it, I've never cared about it and I'm backlogged on games as it is. As such, I'm downloading it now to test the game to see if it's something I'll find enjoyable. If it is, this'll be a game I'd buy to support the effort that Capcom is putting in to the Wii despite their abysmal sales on anything not Resident Evil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it +1