Wii #0593 - Mario Party 8 (Version 1.1) (Europe)

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I'm french and "spastique" does not exist for me
laugh.gif

I don"t even know this english term...

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Raylene2K7 said:
I'd rather like to see a new release of SUPER PAPER MARIO (without the Level 2.2 bug) and GUITAR HERO 3 (Stereo)
I *think* I have a fixed SPM disc, at least it sais 0A-1 on the bottom of the disc. You think the changes are so minor that it's possible to create a small PPF patch?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
Heran Bago said:
Check the NFO. They changed "spastic" to "erratic."

Also it's an amazing NFO.

LOL This NFO WINS

Is this in the US yet?

The old (1.0) version is out in the US. I doubt Nintendo will change it since "spastic" isn't a bad word over here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic
The word spastic is used differently depending on location which has led to some controversy and misunderstanding.

The term can also be used in a pejorative context and all its various colloquial diminutives such as spaz carry this sense. Their level of severity depends on whether one understands them as they are used in the United States or the United Kingdom [1]. In the UK they are not used in polite society and are considered highly abusive terms that generally denote people deemed to be mentally or behaviorally deficient. In the US they are more closely associated with hyperactivity or clumsiness and carry little offensive connotations.

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh Yeah that's great! A wrong word, game changed, ISO immediately available. Guitar Hero 3 totally messed up with mono and no fixed ISO in sight... I'm sad and going to cry my eyes out
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

Yeah ... I think the word "spastic" in the UK is similar to using the word "retard" in North America. Is this correct?

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Spastic, in the UK, usually refers to people suffering from cerebral palsy. One charity "The Spastic Society" changed it's name to 'Scope' just to get rid of it from above their shops.

It is considered offensive over here (my son suffers from a mild cerebral palsy and I wouldn't like him to be called it)

And the original rhyme sucked anyways.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mugel0190 said:
Oh Yeah that's great! A wrong word, game changed, ISO immediately available. Guitar Hero 3 totally messed up with mono and no fixed ISO in sight... I'm sad and going to cry my eyes out
smile.gif
Considering this has been out since, according to that one page linked to earlier, August 2007, it's not really "immediately".

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii Sports as well as other games have more than 1 version but I don't see the scene dumping them now do I....

I am though
biggrin.gif

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have the CRC32 for this release? I can only find the original version over and advanscene...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/yvivDdRirLA?si=R7xWO-6_-Qa0DDml