Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

r0tten1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BigNastyCurve said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
Scorpin200 said:
dual layer lol might as well buy the damn thing.

I keep reading how expensive dual layer blanks are on here but in Rip Off Britain where we pay £1.10 for a litre of fuel and £5 for a pack of ciggies, I can buy a 10 pack of DL's for £10. What's the deal here?

That's because they apparently haven't priced DL blanks in 5 years. They're dirt cheap now.

Maybe buying them online is cheap. but Staples, Office Max..ect want 30-50 USD for a spindle....

BigNastyCurve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
Q:What's the layerbreak we are supposed to use for this?

A:Why, Bob, it's 2084960!

Dude, I love your name. That's frickin awesome
wink.gif

p.s. thanks for the break info

Posts merged

r0tten1 said:
BigNastyCurve said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
QUOTE(Scorpin200 @ Mar 10 2008, 07:17 PM) dual layer lol might as well buy the damn thing.

I keep reading how expensive dual layer blanks are on here but in Rip Off Britain where we pay £1.10 for a litre of fuel and £5 for a pack of ciggies, I can buy a 10 pack of DL's for £10. What's the deal here?

That's because they apparently haven't priced DL blanks in 5 years. They're dirt cheap now.

Maybe buying them online is cheap. but Staples, Office Max..ect want 30-50 USD for a spindle....

And that's so much worse than paying $50 for a single game?

Matr!XER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I still don't know exactly why the game doesn't ask me for an update before it starts but I have a guess that it is because I downloaded 3.2E a week ago and then installed the update from Fire Emblem PAL (don't know what that update containted and I already had the latest firmware installed before). So if you want to keep your wii "clean" from ntsc updates you might give it a try.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright i just saw this release and i dun wanna read 24 pages of posts so excuse me if these questions have been aswered before.

1. Does it work on Pal?
2. Does it work on pal 60 hz?
3. Is it okey to use the 15% trick or should we use the truchasignerthingie?
4. Can we use the inf file from the japanese version or do we have to use another one?

Well that's pretty much what everyone's wondering i think. Would really apreciate if someone answered all these so everyone doesn't ask the same thing a million times over again.

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Digeman said:
Alright i just saw this release and i dun wanna read 24 pages of posts so excuse me if these questions have been aswered before.

1. Does it work on Pal?
4. Can we use the inf file from the japanese version or do we have to use another one?

Well that's pretty much what everyone's wondering i think. Would really apreciate if someone answered all these so everyone doesn't ask the same thing a million times over again.

Then use search.

Wiilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOTG said:
Digeman said:

1. Does it work on Pal?

Then use search.

or just look through the last 3 pages

NeoGreendawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Digeman said:

1. Does it work on Pal?

I haven't received it yet but from what I've read here :

1) Yes
2) No
3) Either
4) Probably

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those that are having problems playing this game off a DL disk or just dont have any DL media, i am currently trying a method of re-linking the movie files so it will fit on a DVD5 , i will let you know the results once its burned....

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiilly said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
Is there a reason why you changed the region to pal? I thought it worked on pal regardless.

Also, why did you replace the update.ini? Was that just to avoid dupes? If I already have them is it safe to just let it update anyway?

first i burned it without changing the region and it didnt start

i didnt want to have duplicate channels thats why i removed the update
and there are no dupe chans
smile.gif

if you already have them i think there is no difference

ok mate, thanks, I wonder if that pal thing is just happening to wiikey users. I have a few dl disks so I'll just burn the disk and run it on my d2ckey without any modifying in a couple of hours and report my results.

L

lml83

did anyone tried to run the game in 60hz using the deflicker mode like we did in the japanese release??

loo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I burned the game on a Platium DVD+R with 4x, my writer doesn't go lower then 4x. I didn't patch anything only set the LB at 2084960.

It starts on a PAL Wii with Wiikey, only on 50hz, but it crashes while playing.
It hangs and makes a loud noise at a random time while playing a map, I haven't been able to finish one map (tried 4 times).

I'm burning a second copy patched with RegionFrii v1.21 atm, I hope that this one works.

networkdawg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question, I am burning the ISO for this using imgburn, do I need to specify the layer break?

I am in the middle of burning it already just using the defaults...looks like it is 2077919.. if I do need to do it, good thing I bought a 3 pack lol.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loo said:
I burned the game on a Platium DVD+R with 4x, my writer doesn't go lower then 4x. I didn't patch anything only set the LB at 2084960.

It starts on a PAL Wii with Wiikey, only on 50hz, but it crashes while playing.
It hangs and makes a loud noise at a random time while playing a map, I haven't been able to finish one map (tried 4 times).

I'm burning a second copy patched with RegionFrii v1.21 atm, I hope that this one works.

Sounds like a media problem more than anything else and possibly your Wii laser needs a clean

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
networkdawg said:
Question, I am burning the ISO for this using imgburn, do I need to specify the layer break?

I am in the middle of burning it already just using the defaults...looks like it is 2077919.. if I do need to do it, good thing I bought a 3 pack lol.

I didn't specify a layer break and it worked fine on my Wiikey 1.9g

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    For your steam deck ken?
    If just for PC I would recommend an external hard drive like 2 TB and just build your own bootable drive
    Although even if it's the steam deck and a 1TB MicroSD I would still recommend building it yourself.... Almost all the builds I tried just sucked
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but why not just have a img file mounted through us you can still transfer through windows
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Usb*
    Yeah Batocera has a shared folder it's pretty cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Less clutter for all the 6 usb options we never use
    Just drag and drop your Barbie Roms
    Barbies BDSM Dungeon Adventure Featuring Gimp Ken!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the Florida meth
    Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Although expensive Florida meth can rot the brightest of minds
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol