Wii #0581 - Major League Baseball 2K8 (USA)

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot...

51rDXanPXwL._SS400_.jpg

Kasoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
theclaw said:
This looks like it'd be worth a try. Then again, I can't run ISOs on the Wii, so...

Nobody can run ISOs on their wii
rolleyes.gif

Looks pretty good, might give it a try

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Works on Pal, however it has an update which it wants to update. I patched it with Wiu1.0 but I imagine any brickblocker works and it got rid of it fine. Working great.

hogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardcore Gamer said:
Works on Pal, however it has an update which it wants to update. I patched it with Wiu1.0 but I imagine any brickblocker works and it got rid of it fine. Working great.

Anybody try the update and is this update 3.2U?
Thanks

chewy!

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading elsewhere that alot of the extras have been striped out of the wii version like trading cards, minor league system, etc...oh, and any ONLINE functionality which is a bunch of crap. I could care less about playing a game with you, but that just means no roster updates. Okay, so the last I checked, spring training was still in full swing and rosters haven't even been set. So basically they remap the controls change the 7 to an 8 and ship it. Why do they have to dumb down every single f**&* game for the wii?! So very lame and degrading.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
hogg said:
Hardcore Gamer said:

Anybody try the update and is this update 3.2U?
Thanks

I don't think so. I had a look at the update.inf file in the iso before I burnt it and it had Sep 2007 wrote inside it.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
chewy! said:
I'm reading elsewhere that alot of the extras have been striped out of the wii version like trading cards, minor league system, etc...oh, and any ONLINE functionality which is a bunch of crap. I could care less about playing a game with you, but that just means no roster updates. Okay, so the last I checked, spring training was still in full swing and rosters haven't even been set. So basically they remap the controls change the 7 to an 8 and ship it. Why do they have to dumb down every single f**&* game for the wii?! So very lame and degrading.

It's sad that it's stripped down, not having online is criminal. Whenever stuff like this has been discussed in the past, the excuse has always been that developers hadn't initially planned on a wii version but once they seen that it's actually now the biggest selling console they've jumped on the bandwagon with a quick easy release and hadn't the time to develop it fully.

Hopefully the next release will be online. Madden 2008 is online now but 2007 wasn't was it?

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this from the same guys who made The BIGGS which really sucked, or did someone else?

I liked MLB Power Pros. If I like baseball games but couldn't really give a damn about real, current players (as I don't follow sports) - should I bother downloading this?

Thx!

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Louse76 said:
Isn't this from the same guys who made The BIGGS which really sucked, or did someone else?

I liked MLB Power Pros. If I like baseball games but couldn't really give a damn about real, current players (as I don't follow sports) - should I bother downloading this?

Thx!

I haven't really played it yet, been stuck into Bully and NHM but I was under the impression The Bigs was more of an arcade game, just like the Blitz games are for NFL while this was more realistic and you have proper seasons and such.

This has real players, 2k8 own the rights for MLB video games. It's more like the old MVP EA games. I enjoyed playing that online so this not having online is bad news. TBH I think power bros will be a better game.

Read some reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...=baseball%202k8

edit: alcohol has let down my spelling and yes it is the same people who released the bigs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up