Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,102
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I for one didn't bother with the 15% trick, I can live with two additional channels (just moved em to the last page). Plus, I don't have to worry about severly messing up any internal/bios settings due to an incomplete update.

Keep in mind that I also do not need to do any sort of swap tricks or use brickblocker or regionfrii. Those are just redundant steps that are needed to circumnavigate perma-bricking your system (which in this case it doesn't) or an update (which you need to do for something like swapping) and if you have a PAL system (regionfrii).

Nintendo cannot detect your system for having those two channels. You already broke your warranty when you first opened the system so you don't have to worry about having a clean system. Just do the update and save yourself a headache.

is it really that hard to yank the power plug during an update
and from there on load up with one disk swap it out and be done untill next time u play then u just load back up the one disk and swap ???
ph34r.gif
I opted for the duplicate channels because honestly who wants to waste two blank DVDs on a shitty unstable rip.
lol who wants to f up their wii and have double channels for a shitty unstable rip... blank dvd+rs are 35 bucks for 100 and 3 dvddl are 10 bucks
a wii is 250 bucks
lecture.gif

L

lopyod

WiiNewz can now confirm that the recently released full Dual Layer (DVD9) dump of "Super Smash Brothers Brawl" works fine on Wiikey, including PAL systems. Apparently, the chip has problems reading the original copy but a backup works fine. I guess everyone got their panties all in a bunch over nothing.

too late to post it...

rabhw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird, was just playing for an hour or two on the DVD9 version, and I went to try out some of the "masterpieces" (demos of old NES games etc), and when I went to start Earthbound, my Wii reset and went back to the Wii menu.

Zharay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it really that hard to yank the power plug during an update
and from there on load up with one disk swap it out and be done untill next time u play then u just load back up the one disk and swap ???
ph34r.gif
I already do this for my PS2, I don't want to have to do the same for my Wii. Honestly after several years of using swap discs for my PS2, the mod chip for my Wii is like a godsend. I'll never go back to swapping. I actually really considered doing the 15% thing so as to have a wii that doesn't have signs of duplicate channels, but I can work around a few extra channels as long as I don't have to see them all the time.

Also, there is no % ticker on the screen, just a bar. Saying 15% can be anything from 10-30% and who knows what its transferring within that span of time.

To clarify things for those who keep asking:

You do not need to do any sort of swapping! Its only for if you do not want two japanese channels that you cant delete (possible removal in the future?).

Wiikey works with the DVD9 without any modifications to the disc or your Wii. You just have to do an update in order to play it. It gives you two channels, that is all. Works with PAL Wii's and US Wii's.

Zucot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the DL version working on my wiikey, I had to change media types from Verbatim (which works fine for 360 games) to Memorex and all was well!

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Also, there is no % ticker on the screen, just a bar. Saying 15% can be anything from 10-30% and who knows what its transferring within that span of time. " lol but if you do the full update you get all that stuff pluse more haha i see ur point but when i put this game in its in for about 4 hrs at a time so swaping a disk once a day so i can play for 4 hours is worth it to me

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the DL version working on my wiikey, I had to change media types from Verbatim (which works fine for 360 games) to Memorex and all was well!
ya im glad i got memorex i have had 0 problems i thnk thats y everyone was having a hard time with vids verbatim blows
sony and memorex all the way
ph34r.gif

Mr Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just woke up, so I haven´t really read more of this forum than this last page. I have read the news of the DVD9+WiiKey=true, witch is just wonderful news!

I have 1 Q though: I have a Wii with WiiKey, and I also have the SL-copy of SSBB. I´ve done the 15%-trick, and it works wonderful. Now to the Q: Can i burn a copy of the DVD9-SSBB, and just do a BrickBlocker on it, since the update is already "complete" and working?

Oh, and one more thing - does everything work with this copy of the game - or does it freeze as much as the SL does?

jo-z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my machine is pal I already got two duplicate channel from SMG us version,

if I do the upgrade again, will I get four duplicate channel ?

florkie2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
2 others jap wii releases :

Oneechanbara_Revolution_JAP_WII-TMD
Major_Wii_Nagero_Gyroball_JAP_WII-TMD

Really hope the oneechanbara will work cause it is sexy and gore lol , and no chance to see it in ntz u or in pal version

chuckdeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just to be sure : i can load the 3.1J update from DVD9 version of the game and it wont harm my Wii except for the fact i'll have 2 duplicate channels...right?

livefigga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
 just to be sure : i can load the 3.1J update from DVD9 version of the game and it wont harm my Wii except for the fact i'll have 2 duplicate channels...right?

For now yes will this effect anything in the future.... well know one can be sure at this point

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone fill me in about the swap trick for the DL version? How does that work?
Do I also need the dvd5 version for this trick?

I have a Wiikey with 1.9b.

Mr Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just woke up, so I haven´t really read more of this forum than this last page. I have read the news of the DVD9+WiiKey=true, witch is just wonderful news!

I have 1 Q though: I have a Wii with WiiKey, and I also have the SL-copy of SSBB. I´ve done the 15%-trick, and it works wonderful. Now to the Q: Can i burn a copy of the DVD9-SSBB, and just do a BrickBlocker on it, since the update is already "complete" and working?

Oh, and one more thing - does everything work with this copy of the game - or does it freeze as much as the SL does?

eternity575

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
ok... so the DL BACKUP.. works fine without the need of any swap trick..
so.. can someone please tell me in simple stupid terms.. how should i do it?
1) burn
2) insert into PAL WII+WIIKEY
3) let the update ..well.. emm..UPDATE...
4) run the game?
thats it?

-- BTW does the eng version comes out in march 09 or 08? --

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol