Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSB2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a great game, but many people are comparing it to N64 Mario, which I never played; this is the first Nintendo console I've owned since SNES.

The controls can get confusing when Mario is on the bottom side of something that you can walk completely around, but I'm getting better at it.

Yeah, the game is brilliant. Closer to M64 than Sunshine was. For the first couple of hours it feels slightly strange (upside down and whatnow), but becomes intuitive before too long. The controls are smooth and remeniscent of M64. The cameras are much better than Sunshine. The game progressing is essentially the same as the previous games. There's a lot of eye candy on top, which can give the impression that the game is a bit complicated. But once you see through that the game is very familiar to fans of the series. Personally I'm loving it.

People always give me grief for getting a cyclowiz (especially a v1), but I've always found it to be great. The switch is a pain when you see how easy wiikey owners have it, but I can so live with that.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got a Japanese Wii with the 3.0J update, a Wiikey and the duplicate Weather Channel bug because I’ve played to Metroid Prime 3: Corruption with my Wii.
I want to buy Super Mario Galaxy JAP but I would like to be sure that:
- The game can be launched in my Wii without a bug
- The game will not disable my Wiikey (by itself, by an update or another thing…)
- The game will not do a bug with the duplicate Weather Channel
- All my other Wii games (JAP, US ad PAL) will be playable after all these things.

Please don’t answer me about a cracked version or something like that because I want to buy the game, I’m a collector.
And is there an update or just a modchip checker in the game disc?

Thank you for all answers that can help me, I really want to buy this awesome game.

smile.gif
Â
smile.gif
Â
smile.gif

You have 126 pages of info where all your questions are answered and you still just ask them without searching? oy vey!

benbjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I’ve got a Japanese Wii with the 3.0J update, a Wiikey and the duplicate Weather Channel bug because I’ve played to Metroid Prime 3: Corruption with my Wii.
I want to buy Super Mario Galaxy JAP but I would like to be sure that:
- The game can be launched in my Wii without a bug
- The game will not disable my Wiikey (by itself, by an update or another thing…)
- The game will not do a bug with the duplicate Weather Channel
- All my other Wii games (JAP, US ad PAL) will be playable after all these things.

Please don’t answer me about a cracked version or something like that because I want to buy the game, I’m a collector.
And is there an update or just a modchip checker in the game disc?

Thank you for all answers that can help me, I really want to buy this awesome game.

smile.gif
Â
smile.gif
Â
smile.gif

The Short answer:
Yes
No
No (only happens if you stop the update)
Yes (Same question as nr 2 really...)

There is an update on the gamedisc and there is a check on the disc which checks if it is burned or not.

Long answer:
Use the search function
tongue.gif

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It's already released.. japan, and the release has been dumped too.

Unless Japanese games don't count ?

Nah I mean we only have to wait until it is released so we can buy it
wink.gif
seriously, 50$ isn't so much to pay for a great game.
If I have to pay for first party Nintendo games I am happy enough. Anyway, so crack or patch will come around to fix the protection issue. Until then I'll buy the games worth buying.
Yes, 50$ isn't so much to pay for a great game, but for us, European, it is 50€ (= 72$). So I am waiting for the Wiikey update.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to be testy with you. I didn't mean to come off rude, I'm just a little upset with wiikey team and taking it out on you. My bad. No offense meant.

totty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For those of you waiting for the Wiikey update to correct "Super Mario Galaxy" issues, here are some tidbits of information...

* The original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

* CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.

* The Wiikey update is being written from scratch by the D2Ckey coding team. This takes time and will, most likely, be a more stable environment than the previously available (unfinished by the original coder) firmware v1.9

The Wiikey Team is fully aware of how anxious everyone is for this update and they are fully committed to providing a working and stable update.

Source: www.wiinewz.com

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
* CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.
Actually, I believe this is a rumor that's now believed to be false.

benbjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's already released.. japan, and the release has been dumped too.

Unless Japanese games don't count ?

Nah I mean we only have to wait until it is released so we can buy it
wink.gif
seriously, 50$ isn't so much to pay for a great game.
If I have to pay for first party Nintendo games I am happy enough. Anyway, so crack or patch will come around to fix the protection issue. Until then I'll buy the games worth buying.
Yes, 50$ isn't so much to pay for a great game, but for us, European, it is 50€ (= 72$). So I am waiting for the Wiikey update.

Yeah, in Norway we pay 500kr (about 80$), but really it is not all that much. I can afford buying a few must have games per year if I have to
wink.gif

To the swiss guy asking for confirmation: Go ahead and buy the game. It will work. I will do the same
smile.gif

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Dear Wiikey team, Well since your working on a more stable update do you think they could also sort out the dupliacte channel problem aswell, thank you

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dear Wiikey team, Well since your working on a more stable update do you think they could also sort out the dupliacte channel problem aswell, thank you

I think thats more of a Wii firmware issue between running NTSC games on PAL Wiis and not a mod chip issue. It would be nice if that was fixed, but I doubt they can. Until then, the metroid trick looks like the only option for pal users.

I wonder if this happens on ntsc wiis that use pal games?

Miah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

The delivery system is obviously not talking about how to make it downloadable, they could simply toss it on their website or a torrent. So if "delivery system" does not mean to deliver to us, it could only mean how to deliver it to the chip.
And that's what they said "delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated".

What I gather from this is that the update cannot simply be loaded on to the chip by DVD like previous firmware updates. A Whole new firmware from scratch may require a new chip BIOS update as well, that could not be done from DVD (speculating).

This may mean that they are either:
1) Looking for a standard connector that we the user could get locally to attach our chip to our PC for the update.
2) They need to make a device to connect the WiiKey to the PC that we would have to purchase. I would HIGHLY doubt they will just give them away for free.

Bottom line is if I have to open my case for the update, I will just swap it with a Cyclowiz.

bibi66

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great for Cyclowiz owners, D2CKey owners, Wiikey owners, but what about Wiid owners?

Does somebody got an information about it?

maniza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

The delivery system is obviously not talking about how to make it downloadable, they could simply toss it on their website or a torrent. So if "delivery system" does not mean to deliver to us, it could only mean how to deliver it to the chip.
And that's what they said "delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated".

What I gather from this is that the update cannot simply be loaded on to the chip by DVD like previous firmware updates. A Whole new firmware from scratch may require a new chip BIOS update as well, that could not be done from DVD (speculating).

This may mean that they are either:
1) Looking for a standard connector that we the user could get locally to attach our chip to our PC for the update.
2) They need to make a device to connect the WiiKey to the PC that we would have to purchase. I would HIGHLY doubt they will just give them away for free.

Bottom line is if I have to open my case for the update, I will just swap it with a Cyclowiz.

dont give to much thougth to their words, after all they are chinese and a translation is never acurate so stop traing to read behind the lines and go play some batallion wars, or manhaunt or zack and wiki give it a week and maybe the update will be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...