Australia
at3urta7pfijr1va1.jpg

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when i bought the Wii everyone was telling me, "oooh, wiikey is the best".

Hmmz, i dont understand what the problem is if cyclo team broke it within 24hrs, why cant wiikey-team do it? just ask cyclo for help ffs i u dont know... we dont care about the glory, we care about the money we put on buying ur chip. Show some respect towards us..

First of all, CycloWiz is a shoddy chip. A good 20% of them break. Second, the CycloWiz team already had been working on an update long before this came out, and it just so happened to be compatible with SMG. They got lucky.

As for CycloWiz being a better product, anyone who's had both chips would tell you the difference in quality is night and day; WiiKey's the better chip in almost every way.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell that to the cyclowiz players that are enjoying SMG right now. Point is, they had an update already in the works that seams to head off a future security measure while wiikey team had their heads up their ass. No matter how you spin it, they had an update first and wiikey is dragging their feet.

"the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

Just what the hell does that mean? Use the same damn delivery method that you did on your last update. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, it's not as simple as uploading an update to your website. You have to find a way to deliver it. Jeez. Existing Wiikeys can't just update, they have to get the update delivered properly. There's a system for this kind of thing that just needs to be worked out first. So far there hasn't been a delivery system, so that's why it's going to take them a while to get it sorted out.

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey staff wasn't thinking about the future, and this security just slapped them upside the head. Now let's see how fast they can react!

@Tomobobo
They have released updates before in iso form. Do you not call that a delivery system or what?

saxophonet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, it's not as simple as uploading an update to your website. You have to find a way to deliver it. Jeez. Existing Wiikeys can't just update, they have to get the update delivered properly. There's a system for this kind of thing that just needs to be worked out first. So far there hasn't been a delivery system, so that's why it's going to take them a while to get it sorted out.

Uh...1.9b update anyone?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Existing Wiikeys can't just update, they have to get the update delivered properly. There's a system for this kind of thing that just needs to be worked out first."

Wow, you would make a good politician. That was five sentences that didn't manage to say anything.

Existing wiikeys can't just update? How do you explain how we updated to 1.9b then? Did I not have an existing wiikey? Didn't I just download the firmware update from the website and update via DVD?

Look, if you're gunna smoke some then at least share it would ya. I hate greedy weed smokers!

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delivery system needs to be Usenet, Rapidshare, or anything else... what's so hard about getting a firmware image out.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then you can tell me in which ways its better?

Comparison chart for the win! This is the chart endorsed by the mod of wiinewz

http://modyawii.psx-scene.com/pages/mod-comparison.php

What Cyclo lacks is DVD+RW suport and Failsafe update (IE...recovery form a bad flash)

In addition, the cyclo requires additional wires to enable firmware upgrades via dvd, and addtional wires for teh chip disable feature,

Bottom line: Wiikey is a better design, and cyclo has better support.

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Having less wires means better design? You're clueless. Better design is all about understanding what may come in the future and coding for it. As you can see, Cyclowiz immediately had out an update to fix the SMG issue where as Wiikey is still scrambling for a 'delivery method' of all things to blame.

Jools07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look, it's not as simple as uploading an update to your website. You have to find a way to deliver it. Jeez. Existing Wiikeys can't just update, they have to get the update delivered properly. There's a system for this kind of thing that just needs to be worked out first. So far there hasn't been a delivery system, so that's why it's going to take them a while to get it sorted out.

07-minister.jpg

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Bottom line: Wiikey is a better design, and cyclo has better support. Having less wires means better design? You're clueless. Better design is all about understanding what may come in the future and coding for it. As you can see, Cyclowiz immediately had out an update to fix the SMG issue where as Wiikey is still scrambling for a 'delivery method' of all things to blame.

Sigh...I have no reply for childish ignorance. Have fun with SMG.

saxophonet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just like to install wiikeys over cyclo's b/c of stories of blown "n" fuses caused by the cyclo's, plus soldering the reset wire is a pain.

IceFreak2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then you can tell me in which ways its better?

Comparison chart for the win! This is the chart endorsed by the mod of wiinewz

http://modyawii.psx-scene.com/pages/mod-comparison.php

What Cyclo lacks is DVD+RW suport and Failsafe update (IE...recovery form a bad flash)

In addition, the cyclo requires additional wires to enable firmware upgrades via dvd, and addtional wires for teh chip disable feature,

Wrong I'm afraid; as SoraK05 is fond of pointing out, the CycloWiz can be flashed using the DVD Tool cable in case of a bad flash. http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987

Oh, and the last firmware update I did on my CycloWiz was via a DVD+RW. Just thought you might want to know...

DNA7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im still unsure which way to go, aside from the cyclowiz not supporting dvd rw disc i see no real issues there, just to clearify the cyclowiz requires 9 solder points for it to be upgradable via dvd correct

so essentially its dvd rw versus a quick team that updates accordingly, seems to me cyclowiz is the better choice, note im a complete noob here, inffact i was shipping my wii to have a wiikey installed tom...now im undecided and will likely go with the cyclowiz instead

piatzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

Just what the hell does that mean? Use the same damn delivery method that you did on your last update. Sounds like an excuse to me.

"In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

The chalenge isn't delivery only, the chalenge is to create a update that people with wiikey in home change the way the code works

got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone