soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok
biggrin.gif

Updated my cyclowiz to 3.6beta (after switching the Wiikey (i have an external modsolution))
Burned SMG (4X IMGBurn on Verbatim DVD-R)
Updated, but the update broke of around 50%, had to reboot the Console
All works, doesn't do the udate again and the game plays fine
biggrin.gif

Wii: PAL
Chipset: DMS
Modchip: Cyclowiz 3.6beta

Duplicate channels? Otherwise this trick works @ 50% lol

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess this wil boost the cyclowiz sales.

Fixed it way faster than any other party. Why can't those Wiikey guys hurry up.

And they should not post bullshit about the delivery system.

If they mean download it's crap all the way.
If they mean flash, they haven't thought of an efficient way to flash their chip to begin with. NO selfrespecting programmer makes an updater if it is instructed to upgrade specific parts only and it can't be reused for the same type of update with other data.

They should erase most blocks anyway to be shure of a succesfull upgrade.

Hey, at least they got online and threw it in our faces that they've solved the problem but have chosen not to share it with us. Just in case there was any ambiguity before when they had the 1.3 update for months but withheld it...might have given them the benefit of the doubt or something. Can't have that.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the Wiki and now I'm surprised that I ever bought the Wiinja Deluxe. I suppose its features were all that I had read, and I didn't compare it to all of the other major chips. Pricewise, bad mistake.

Hell, I'd go for an acknowledgement. Then again, it will come soon enough, whether it be a bad one or a good one.

Deekman

Trophies
Website
www.deaconross.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, at least they got online and threw it in our faces that they've solved the problem but have chosen not to share it with us. Just in case there was any ambiguity before when they had the 1.3 update for months but withheld it...might have given them the benefit of the doubt or something. Can't have that.

Honestly they probably just put that on the page regardless of what they found so that new people to buying the chip will think "oh good there's a patch coming soon" instead of thinking that nothing's working at all.

I really hope they are working on this though I cannot wait to play it.

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok
biggrin.gif

Updated my cyclowiz to 3.6beta (after switching the Wiikey (i have an external modsolution))
biggrin.gif

Hi,

Did you get duplicate channels?

Cheers Shane

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That 'we have cracked it' but haven't figured out how to distribute/upgrade yet, is BS. I deeply regret buying a wiikey. I wish I had done my homework better before getting it. I didn't eve got a hologram (it was before that). Damn suckers

tic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the datasheet for the wiinja chip
http://www.tranzistoare.ro/datasheets2/53/539089_1.pdf

If someone really wants an update to the wiinja id like to have a look and see if its possible (i dont have 1 i have a wiikey). If someone gets the openwii source code (in assembly) when it fixes the mario problem and also gets a datasheet of the PIC it uses, then we could see if the code could be rewritten for the wiinja (may not be possible but id be willing to take a look)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Hi,

Did you get duplicate channels?

Cheers Shane

I already had duplicate channels from pokémon battle revolution
tongue.gif
so i can't help you on this :/

I don't recommand doing that on purpose! you never know what's going on inside your Wii.

svenk91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i succesfully updated to 3.6 beta, but when booting smg all i see is a black screen while other games like zack and wiki still work

PAL wii, d2a/dms not sure wich of the two

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That 'we have cracked it' but haven't figured out how to distribute/upgrade yet, is BS. I deeply regret buying a wiikey. I wish I had done my homework better before getting it. I didn't eve got a hologram (it was before that). Damn suckers

Are you serious? AT the time you probably bought it (before the holograms) the wiikey was the top preforming modchip with the highest backup compatibility rate. Yeah the firmware upgrade took a long ass time, but since then the wiikey is now one of the front runners in terms of compatibility and features. Don't believe me. then check the gbatemp wiki comparison chart.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wi...chip_Comparison

You all need to grow a pair and get over it. A fix will be out in due time.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey, at least they got online and threw it in our faces that they've solved the problem but have chosen not to share it with us. Just in case there was any ambiguity before when they had the 1.3 update for months but withheld it...might have given them the benefit of the doubt or something. Can't have that.

Honestly they probably just put that on the page regardless of what they found so that new people to buying the chip will think "oh good there's a patch coming soon" instead of thinking that nothing's working at all.

I really hope they are working on this though I cannot wait to play it.

I don't know why people can be as paranoid as you are

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Are you serious? AT the time you probably bought it (before the holograms) the wiikey was the top preforming modchip with the highest backup compatibility rate. Yeah the firmware upgrade took a long ass time, but since then the wiikey is now one of the front runners in terms of compatibility and features. Don't believe me. then check the gbatemp wiki comparison chart.

You should not tell 'me' or 'us' that we need to 'grow a pair'. Take a good look under a microscope to whatever is in your pants in the meantime

Nio

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the link to the wiki, there it says you can update the wiikey "via Cable" .... fuck?
So maybe this update (if it exists) is not done by dvd but by cable ... and that is the delivery problem we are facing (if it exists)?

I made an extra entry for the SMG-Protection in the wiki, hopefully this is ok with you. Its my first entry in the wiki and i feel cool ..

K|ng D&#124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why didn't you buy a Cyclops already? If they such a bunch of suckers i already bought it and stop crying. Give it some time, maybe they have a good update without update your wii with 2 weather channels and so on or perhaps not. Just sit back, relax and play some boogie.
wink.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You should not tell 'me' or 'us' that we need to 'grow a pair'. Take a good look under a microscope to whatever is in your pants in the meantime

So this is what the topic has devolved to eh? How do you know he needs a microscope? His schlong might be big enough to be seen from outside the pants! *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users