Wii #0214 - Scarface: The World Is Yours (Germany)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jul 18, 2007.

Jul 18, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    ^^wiirelease-0255^^

2. b0ng0

Newcomer b0ng0 Member

Germany
    Too bad that the German Version is Cut [​IMG]

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    [​IMG]
    I didn't see that gekommen.

4. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    XD, what's up with these German cut versions? Seriously, why do they seem to have to censor everything that might be possibly a bit brutal?

5. nephdj

Member nephdj GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    wiki: "All forms of movie ratings (also for computer games but not for books) motivated by youth protection."

guess germany is the only country in the world that accepts 8 year olds buy 15+ games

6. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Well they do since sales-persons here give a s*** how old someone is whom they sell a game. XD
    But these censored versions usually come from the producers since they are scared of to high age-ratings.
    In case of RE4 the problem was, that capcom didn't submit the bonus levels for a rating so they weren't allowed in the final game. (luckily the other european versions (multi 6) weren't cut.)

Btw. is there a swiss or austrian version of Scarface that is uncut?

Edit:
    Has this version german voice acting (somehow I doubt it). I researched a little and it seems, that the european version is Multi 5

7. Kohijin

Newcomer Kohijin Newbie

Germany
    They are rather scared that their games get banned from public stores and advertising. And in case of RE4 they only had a problem with the nature of these minigames (rewards for killing). If the game manages to annoy the assessors enough, they even ban the game making it illegal to own and sell... like Mortal Kombat 2 [​IMG]. This german blacklist is quite a fun read from time to time, for example the Commodore 64 port of 'Commando' was on that list until 2005.

I've only seen the UK-Versions of Scarface for the Wii in some German online stores and I don't think there's any version with German voice acting at all.