Wii #0169 - Mario Strikers Charged Football (Europe)

darrab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks shtonkalot - I was hoping so.
Now off to play Strikers then
smile.gif

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didnt update using the MSCF-PAL yet.

I updated to SPM played for a few days.Then my Wii was used for the Wiikey MKV video player.

I only watched movies on it.Im trying to find a US game that will let me update to 2.2U before i play MSCF-PAL.

Assuming your Wii can go online, go to your Wii messages and find a message from Nintendo announcing some new feature (Opera Full, Everybody Votes, etc.). There should be an update button in the message. Try that.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I was wondering if you play a pal game on a ntsc tv or the other way around do you need to change the cable to the tv, as it is an other tv ?

Having played PAL Wii games on an old RCA CRT TV with composite inputs and a new Samsung HDTV with component inputs I can confirm that the Wii is still sending a NTSC signal.

(Which is most likely why there is some compatibility issues with *some* games, if they played in their native video format I would imagine their would be much better compatibility...except for the issue that many (probably most) American TVs don't support a PAL signal)

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I should not have initially trusted people saying that this game didn't work on NTSC consoles --- especially from those who aren't even in a NTSC region.

I have a 2.2U NTSC Wii with Wiikey and burned the image on a verbatim dvd+r and it worked right away.

Knowing that I had the latest NTSC update, I let Mario Strikers "update" my console just like the PAL owners had to do with Super Paper Mario, lo and behold, the game runs fine at 480P. Great graphics and very fun.

I can also confirm what you said. Pretty much I have the same situation, except I used a Verbatim DVD-R (not DVD+R); no real difference. Everyone works great, here's my setup:

Have 2.2U NTSC/U Wii with WiiKey.
Allowed Mario Strikers Charged Football "update" to run.
Plays perfectly fine at 480P.
No problems.

Skatastrophe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is aimed at everyone with WiiFree chips!

To us cheap asses who don't want to buy a mod chip.

Don't use 2.45 firmware, for some reason upgrading off of a disk doesn't work, reflash your firmware to 2.41. I just did it and it allowed me to update and the game works!

So to be clear. 2.2U + WiiFree(2.41) + Strikers = Working.

Enjoy.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if you play a pal game on a ntsc tv or the other way around do you need to change the cable to the tv, as it is an other tv ?

Having played PAL Wii games on an old RCA CRT TV with composite inputs and a new Samsung HDTV with component inputs I can confirm that the Wii is still sending a NTSC signal.

(Which is most likely why there is some compatibility issues with *some* games, if they played in their native video format I would imagine their would be much better compatibility...except for the issue that many (probably most) American TVs don't support a PAL signal)

Thanks
smile.gif
i just bought a modchip for my cube but as i was reading this thread with the different standards i thought their meight be difficulties to play ntsc games on my pal tv...

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a cyclowiz
Wii is at 2.2U

do i have to do something on my wii?
do i have to do something before burning the game?

thanks

DumpUmp

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey for NTSC users, when you update with strikers to 2.2E, i know it works, but does it now say 2.2E in the settings menu, i wonder if this might bite us in the butt later updating back to the right firmware.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Burned this game this morning and played it for a few minutes this morning before work and thought that it was really well done. I look forward to the end of the day so that I can play it a little bit more.

I thought that I heard that tackling was done with a button press now, but it's actually accomplished by shaking the Wii Remote. It doesn't work poorly, mind you, I just just thinking that they changed it.

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
well gonna download the game, i have 2.2u wii with wiinja deluxe installed, and will copy the game, then patch one, and unpatch the other and see which one wants to work, i do however have an extra 300 due recieving my taxes back so lets see what happens... an hour to go on d/l

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
two bad things about the game: 1) the loading times are really quite bad 2) the controls are not the best, it should have supported the GC/classic controller

other than that it's not a bad game, the lag is minimal if any, the random matches are very random in that the challenger can vary from having won 70games to having an opponent that's lost 10 games and won none. Haven't played with a friend yet, should be interesting - shame you can't do VOIP with the game, I think friendly banter would add to the fun of the game

KakTheInfected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the load times, but I don't see anything wrong with the controls at all...

Though I would have liked a way to select your team members instead of the "A picks the closest player to ball" gimmick. That always screws me up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme