Wii #0056 - Bomberman Blast (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this the moment I saw it was released. Very good game, worth the points too. I dunno if its better than the XBLA game they did but its certainly close.

Quite a lot of stuff has been packed into this, in Japan it'll be a retail release but with a story mode included and that the battle mode on that is the same thing as its here with nothing cut out.

Hudson are doing an awful lot for WiiWare like Alien Crush, My Aquarium, Pit Crew Panic & Tetris Party Its a shame that Star Soilder R was so short but then sales should tell Hudson that people won't even pay budget price for short games.

Puts what Nintendo has done for the service shame anyway. Dr Mario was good but Pokemon Ranch was just a massive rip off. They need to do more.

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
At last a Bomberman on Wii
laugh.gif

8 players battle, online rankings, and only 10 stages ! >:(
I can't believe there is only 10 stages, damn lazy programmers !
dry.gif

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Krazplay said:
laugh.gif

dry.gif
Well, the full version with more features is going to be a full release.

Heishiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got this game working on NTSC wii? I tried changing its region to "free" with freethewads but it didnt work, i try to enter the game and the wii freezes with a black screen and nothing happens. My firmware is 3.2

gangstaF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, is it only me, who's having trouble finding out the way to use my Miis in this one? Thought perhaps I'd have to win a match or something but no luck for me yet!

Great game anyway, always has been...

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They have ruined wifi, once you're dead you should stay dead.
Your spending most of the time trying to avoid being killed by the dead guys instead of concentrating on killing your still alive opponents.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tanas said:
Your spending most of the time trying to avoid being killed by the dead guys instead of concentrating on killing your still alive opponents.
That's exactly what annoyed me in this game! I was wise enough to quit playing after ten minutes because I would probably be tearing my hair out after fifteen.

Krazplay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Sonicandtails said:
Krazplay said:
laugh.gif

dry.gif
Well, the full version with more features is going to be a full release.
The only differences with the full release will be two extra stages in battle mode, and the story mode, it's not worth it I think...

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought and played this one, and I like it quite a lot!

Apparently the full version was 12 stages, but that (as far as I know of) is Japan Only...

I haven't played online, or with freinds yet (cos I suuck at battles and need practice), but I've had fun!

Here's an annoying but funny tip (works best on easy CPU):

-If you have an opponents that's on his/her winning round, you can really annoy them by doing this:
1. as soon as the match starts, kill yourself
2. quickly move towards your opponent of choice
3. trap them in their place by throwing a bomb (its got more chance of success as they have less room to escape)
4. take their place and try to avoid revenge killings

also, to unlock your mii's you've got to play on each stage at least once...
(it in the manual...)

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Heishiro said:
Anyone got this game working on NTSC wii? I tried changing its region to "free" with freethewads but it didnt work, i try to enter the game and the wii freezes with a black screen and nothing happens. My firmware is 3.2
Change your wii video mode to pal if you want to play it before an ntsc version is released.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
They have ruined wifi, once you're dead you should stay dead.
Most Bomberfans prefer the dead bombers of SB5 for SNES, so that's just the way they did it.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Plus you can turn it off for everything but online.

Anyone know how to allow player 1 to use a gamecube controller instead of the remote?

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to be a pretty solid version of Bomberman. Plenty of customisation options, 8 players, online mode... It seems like a nice "traditional" Bomberman compared to some of the travesty's that have been released over the years.

Does anybody know what control schemes it uses? I know it handles Wii Remote and Gamecube, but I was wondering if you plug in a classic controller you can have two people on that Wii remote (for example)... Otherwise I'll need another three GC controllers for some 8 player goodness; I'd test it myself but until some friends come round I don't have enough spare limbs
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ