Wii U anniversary : 10 years ! ^^.

Jilou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Nintendo Wii U is my favorite console, I like many games like Sonic all stars racing transformed, Nintendo Land, Game&Wario,... Sonic Mania now ! ... And his VWii with Mario Kart Wii, Bomberman Blast,... And his emulator like Nintendont, Wiisxrx-22 (WiiStation), or Yabause for Saturn Bomberman (hope one day it will be work perfectly and with 10 players) ... And you, what do you prefere on Wii U ?

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii U also was my favorite console until the Switch came around. I bought it on day one and yes, I know a lot of people are going to say that it did not sell well, etc. but you know? As a player since 1991, I never look out for those things. This console gave me thousands of hours of fun (still play it) for me and my family, my son loves it too.

First game of course was NintendoLand. The game I enjoyed the most would be Smash Bros and ZombiU, and of course the virtual console ones.

I really enjoyed so many great games on this awesome console, I have many fond memories of those times. My only drawback was the short distance between the gamepad and the console.

All in all, this is awesome, this console lives in a special place in my heart.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shame the console didn't use an internal HDD and went with EMMC memory chip instead. I wonder how many fully function Wii U will be around in the next 10 - 20 years.
You can hook up an external HDD for more storage. That's what I did with my 8GB Wii U.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's quite meritorious that Nintendo stayed with a sinking ship for 5 years. I mean sony abandoned the vita of 1 year of bad sales. it makes you wonder if sony would've done the same with the ps4 or 5, or just moved on.

Reactions: Jilou and SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's quite meritorious that Nintendo stayed with a sinking ship for 5 years. I mean sony abandoned the vita of 1 year of bad sales. it makes you wonder if sony would've done the same with the ps4 or 5, or just moved on.
A shame that the Wii U didn't take off, as it has a good library of games.

Reactions: Jilou and godreborn

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know. I have a 1TB hook up forever and ever.

My point was if the nand fail or the write cycle is done, then it's a bye bye.
The one good thing is if you use an external, the write cycle usage is minimal. If you don't, then the write cycles can get burned up quite quickly. If I remember correctly the main nand is the same as the Wii (SLC) and has 100000 write cycles vs MLC which is used for game/save storage and only has 30,000. Thankfully game saves use the external as well.

Oh one other thing about NAND/Flash, power them once a year for MLC or above. If you don't the charge/data can deplete and hence you will lose it. This applies to any NAND/Flash (SD card, thumb drives, etc). It might last more than a year, but most manufactuers suggest powering at least once a year these days.

Jilou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Wii U also was my favorite console until the Switch came around. I bought it on day one and yes, I know a lot of people are going to say that it did not sell well, etc. but you know? As a player since 1991, I never look out for those things. This console gave me thousands of hours of fun (still play it) for me and my family, my son loves it too.

First game of course was NintendoLand. The game I enjoyed the most would be Smash Bros and ZombiU, and of course the virtual console ones.

I really enjoyed so many great games on this awesome console, I have many fond memories of those times. My only drawback was the short distance between the gamepad and the console.

All in all, this is awesome, this console lives in a special place in my heart.
I have the Nintendo Switch too, but, for me, it isn't the same gameplay... In Nintendo Switch I play Bomberman R Online, Fall Guys, Tetris 99,... But I spend more time in the Wii U ! For example I play Puyo Puyo Tetris or Smash Bros on Wii U instead of Switch because on Switch, the controller is too sensitive so it's causing "placement bug"... After the Nintendo Switch is a good console.

Hope Nintendo Wii U will have many good year with new homebrews and new generation people to play with this awesome console ! Maybe in 10 years we will have a good Sega Saturn emulator or PSP or new things like a Dreamcast emulator...
Post automatically merged:

No. The original DS from 2004.
You can play Nintendo DS emulator on Wii U, but not Nintendo 3DS games (maybe one day someone can sell an accessory with hardware to play 3DS' cartbrige on Wii U...).

Last edited by Jilou,
Reactions: jeannotte

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the Nintendo Switch too, but, for me, it isn't the same gameplay... In Nintendo Switch I play Bomberman R Online, Fall Guys, Tetris 99,... But I spend more time in the Wii U ! For example I play Puyo Puyo Tetris or Smash Bros on Wii U instead of Switch because on Switch, the controller is too sensitive so it's causing "placement bug"... After the Nintendo Switch is a good console.

Hope Nintendo Wii U will have many good year with new homebrews and new generation people to play with this awesome console ! Maybe in 10 years we will have a good Sega Saturn emulator or PSP or new things like a Dreamcast emulator...
Post automatically merged:

You can play Nintendo DS emulator on Wii U, but not Nintendo 3DS games (maybe one day someone can sell an accessory with hardware to play 3DS' cartbrige on Wii U...).
Yes, the gameplay on Wii U is very comfortable and awesome. I enjoy very much using the gamepad and of course the special gameplays that many games have, like Game & Wario and Nintendo Land.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4