Wii #0036 - Defend Your Castle (Europe)

J

Jackreyes

Finally, been waiting for this.
Spelling error in title and name though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the release groups fault I guess seeing that everywhere has it as that title. Maybe it'll be nuked for being mislabelled?

A very good game, I highly recommend this. This version has enough to warrant to price (it was originally a free web game), though most here won't really give a damn about buying it.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
got tired of waiting for the PAL version.. installed the regionfree NTSC version 2 days ago.. as i don't see any consequenses of installing regionfree wads, are there any?
Quite fun game, i'm at level 19, playing it with my youngest sister, she's only 9 years old but she finds it as fun as me
smile.gif

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rofl2.gif
This is just 60hz as well! Just deinstalled the ntsc version, and installed this one thinking, Oh Yeah! no more interlacing probs.

Will try patching this tomorrow, but, I don´t think anything will help this one, in my particular case.

Good Night all.

(edit) forgot to mention my save is lost, and the picture is still as crappy. Yay!!

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Naouak said:
Where can I found a little review and screenshot for this game ? thanks

By IGN
QUOTEDefend Your Castle Review
Simple. Crude. Mindless. And kind of addictive.
by Matt Casamassina

May 12, 2008 - WiiWare -- the perfect complement to Nintendo's own Virtual Console service. And the ideal avenue from which smaller development studios can distribute their retail-unfriendly games. Titles like Defend Your Castle, already a fully playable web-browser experience and something of an Internet sensation. The premise couldn't be cruder or simpler. Villagers run at your castle and you must protect it by any means necessary. Usually, 'any means necessary' equates to picking the villagers up and tossing them skyward, from where they will come crashing back down to the ground again. Done. We know -- seems ridiculously shallow, but there's much more to initially meets the eye where Defend Your Castle is concerned for its a WiiWare project that reveals its depth both as time passes and as multiple players jump in and out of the experience.

Closing Comments
Defend Your Castle is a fun WiiWare game and a perfect example of what the service can bring to Wii owners. Namely, seemingly shallow pick-up-and-play experiences with hidden depth. XGen Studios' project features only a handful of basic play mechanics -- primarily, the ability to grab villagers and toss them around -- but it's frantic, occasionally strategic, and fun, particularly as a multiplayer game. It's also a deal at only 500 Wii Points. The big problem is that you will inevitably tire of the single challenge, even with the bells and whistles surrounding it. And, of course, there's the fact that a similar experience can be had for free on your Internet browser.
new-wiiware-game-defend-your-castle-20080229102007472_640w.jpg

defend-your-castle-20080404034720944_640w.jpg

new-wiiware-game-defend-your-castle-20080229102030925_640w.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's up with this release? Everyone is saying that its the NTSC version patched.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
callmebob said:
This is just 60hz as well! [...] and the picture is still as crappy. Yay!!QUOTE(Hadrian @ Aug 5 2008, 09:20 AM) So what's up with this release? Everyone is saying that its the NTSC version patched.
There's report editing with an hexeditor you can see the USA game code. I didn't check it myself yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...