hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wifiloader
Send and boot homebrew over wifi

PadrinatoR has released a new tool for DS developers, or people who just like to test homebrew (
wink.gif
). Included is a server and client, the former being run on your computer first, and the client running on the DS and connecting to the server application. Once a connection is established, you can send over a .nds file, and its immediately executed when the transfer finishes. Download and full instructions below.

[title:Usage instructions]1) Run the server using the file run.bat (or writing other equivalent script for other systems
like Linux or MacOSX). This file can be edited in order to change the port that will be used
by the server (default port 9999).
2) Run the client in your NintendoDS. It will connect using the wifi configuration that is stored
in your DS and has been set through commercial games. After that it will connect to the server.
The connection parameters can be set throught the application called WifiloaderCfg.jar
which will modify the .nds, .ds.gba and .sc.nds files.
3) Once client has connected to the server, you will be asked for a file to send in your computer.
Select it and it will be sent to your DS.
4) When it has finished, you will be asked for pressing A in your DS in order to boot the application.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Works nice
smile.gif

- Homebrew worked fine
- Tested a few 64Mb commercial games but the gave a black or a white screen
biggrin.gif

(héhé, yes i had to test it)

BUT

The commercial game you sended gets written to your Flashcart, So you get a nice way to transffer nds files with this app to your DS, 256Mbit is max size, 512Mbit and higher roms makes the app crash on your PC
(It takes around 5min and a bit to transffer a 256Mbit rom with it to your DS)

So, bassicly this is more like a program to send files to your DS flashcart, cause the get written to it and stay there
When you restart your ds you will see the homebrew/rom you sended and you can run it without a problem.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Doggy, did you opened the WifiLoaderConfig.jar and written you Lan-Ip there ?

--
(tested with DSTT)
Hm, for me the loader loads somethink, but the game just will be shown crappy~
But its enough that the app sends the homebrew to my DS, since it's a mess to remove the MiniSD, put it into card reader, copy..., pull it back into the DS,when I want to test something ._.~ So its nice to transfer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??