Wifi suddenly stopped working...

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Luriden, Apr 8, 2009.

Apr 8, 2009
  1. Luriden
    OP

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've used my Wii online moreso than offline (COD5) and it suddenly decided to stop working out of the blue. I'm currently using a Linksys wireless router, WRT54G. I haven't changed anything with my wireless router, nor have I changed anything on the Wii. When I do a connection test, I get either errors 51330 or 51331, and sometimes it doesn't detect an access point at all. I'm using WEP and I know my key is set properly. I've tried changing it to other security options, and even turning it off entirely and I still have the same problem. Network settings are set to mixed (B and G both).

It's not a MAC address problem as I don't have any MAC addresses blocked. For the heck of it, I turned on MAC filtering and entered my Wii's MAC address, still nothing. Unfortunately I don't have any other wireless devices to test and see if it's the router itself, but everything else on the router works fine. I've reset it a few times also, including resetting the power and resetting all the settings to factory default.

Any tips? Has this happened to anyone else before? I know it worked a week or so ago because I got a message from Nintendo saying there was a new update available. I haven't updated, in fact I haven't even used the Wii since then.

2. Luriden
    OP

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nevermind... after hours and hours of screwing with it, I finally fix it minutes after posting about it as a last resort. I changed the wireless channel to 1 and it's fine now. I'm not sure how that made a difference, but it did.