Misc Wifi patcher - fixed my problems

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been seeking to fix my problems with wifi homebrew for the last 2 days or so, and have fortunately found an awesome fix!

It is a patcher which fixes non-working wifi homebrew. i cannot vouch for its complete safety or compatibility but it has worked great for the 3 apps i have thrown at it just now (DSliveweather, IRCDS offhand, will post more test results soon)

The patcher is made by nin187 and based of Rudolf's findings. Rudolf's blog here: (only in Japanese)
http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/Rudolph/

Where i originally discovered it, and a translation:
http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=228195

The patcher is linked in the comments of Rudolph's blog.
Here is a direct link (long 0_0) for those who want it:

http://ftp7.ohpy.com/opftp/index.php?contr...0HDbTgkp65PpA==

i don't know how complete it is since nin187 makes a post below which is uninterpretable via auto translation
happy.gif
which has a new link (Albeit broken).

Since i don't know how many others have tried it and i have not done extensive testing try at your own risk!

Also don't expect this to fix bad settings with routers or DS wifi firmware settings, this only fix the homebrew that wont work even if those settings are right (even though they might work with other people). of course make sure those are right first.

Edit: heres an ongoing list of my homebrew that I have tested from my ez4. none of these worked prior to my patching (except IRCDS which was irregular)

DSLiveWeather: works
IRCDS: works
Wifi Lib Test: works
Wifi Ez4 Loader: works (havent figured out how to use yet)
DSamp: works
DiagnoSe: works
SylphAmp: works
Beup Live fixed version: works

Unsure whether it works... (dunno whether anyone plays these games wifi anymore..?)
Wifi Voice Chat Client
Tetattds (i can't tell if i'm playing AI or another person)
ExplosiveGas

EDIT Oh, i just realised something POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS reading the translation;
QUOTE said:
The patch to solve the problem ? (Attention: This patch should not be applied on old DSs which uses 256KB of flash memory)
it's hard for me to understand the context of this and i have no clue as to whether the patcher ignores this patch or etc 0_0
Please read the translation link i provided to make your own judgements.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
don't expect this to be a fix all, if you can't connect homebrew because of the wifimax, rather than a problem with the homebrew file, this patcher is useless for you anyway.

i don't know anything about wifimax but i think i gather what you want to know from the other topic. in that case i doubt this will help you.

euqiddis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hasnt worked for me, i usually connect to wifi using a nearby access point (not mine, i dont have wifi), but all the hombrew apps work on the ds phat , but not on the ds lite.

hersuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This didn't fix my problems on a DS Lite running through the Nintendo Wireless USB connector (fixed to act as a access point)

septi¢

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
France
I had another solution, i bought a new DS lite black couple days ago, and none of my homebrews worked anymore (treasure of gaia for exemple) whereas they used to work properly with my other DS lite.

The only thing you have to do is change channel on your wifi router (channel between 6 and 11) and everything should work fine. Didn't need to patch anything.

Don't ask my why it works when you change the channel, i have no idea since i'm a noob, i just know it worked for other people as well who had problem with the newest DS lite.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had another solution, i bought a new DS lite black couple days ago, and none of my homebrews worked anymore (treasure of gaia for exemple) whereas they used to work properly with my other DS lite.

The only thing you have to do is change channel on your wifi router (channel between 6 and 11) and everything should work fine. Didn't need to patch anything.

Don't ask my why it works when you change the channel, i have no idea since i'm a noob, i just know it worked for other people as well who had problem with the newest DS lite.
Nice! Thanks for the tip!

I found another fix a while ago. My sister has the WiFi problem on her DS. She uses a M3 Lite. To use WiFi in homebrew she just starts a random game, soft resets, and it's fixed as long as she doesn't shut the DS off.

It takes some time, but it works
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol