Homebrew Wifi Over Internet?

JohnSearle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a quick search on both google and here, but found no answers to my question...

Is there an emulator similar to Hamachi (VPN) that would allow your DS to believe it was connected locally, but yet be connected via the computer / internet? It would be pretty nice to play a few of these NDS local only games via the internet (e.g. Chessmaster, etc.)

- John

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand but il try my best. Im thinking your saying if u can go on the internet with ur ds. Yes. You need a wireless router. Google: DsHoBro V.03(current version on 11/15/08)

94dan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand but il try my best. Im thinking your saying if u can go on the internet with ur ds. Yes. You need a wireless router. Google: DsHoBro V.03(current version on 11/15/08)

No, that's not what he's saying, and DSHobro is an awful browser. There are much better ones out there, like DSO.

I understand what your saying, and say... I've never thought of that, but it'd be awesome. Think of all the games that should have had wifi...

But, no, I've never seen a way to do it.

JohnSearle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Like tunneling download play over the internets?

Not download play, although that might be another possible application.. I was referring to playing a game over the internet that was only set up for local wifi, such as Mario Party, to you use a more popular example.

Thanks for the reply guys, and if it is impossible, then that sucks :/

- John

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Atm no.
But im sure it could be coded in eventually in an emulator.. even though over the internet 'p2p' to simulate ds local play, will probably fail.
I remember trying something similiar for gba games and most games were unplayable over the internet (direct local network was better). Even though we lived in the same city.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Atm no.
But im sure it could be coded in eventually in an emulator.. even though over the internet 'p2p' to simulate ds local play, will probably fail.
I remember trying something similiar for gba games and most games were unplayable over the internet (direct local network was better). Even though we lived in the same city.

Ni-Fi games require sub 10ms pings, which is virtually impossible ovre the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1